The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Making your own coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Quote:
On 2010-01-08 21:19, Micheal Leath wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-01-08 20:46, sanjaya wrote:
Hey, Hey Double J! What's with the hostility?

He seems to think that the number of post you have on some message board determines how worthy you are of information.

What some don't seem to understand is that you have to start somewhere when learning how to do something. Everytime someone comes here asking for info on making or building certain items, you get those who try to discourage them. They say it isn't worth the time or money involved. Well have they ever thought that maybe there are some who think it is worth it? Some people like to learn new things and may become the "best" at whatever it is one day.

To answer your question about how to expand a coin, I think there have been some discussions on here about it. They may be located in Secrets Sessions. You need 50 post before you can access that area though.

Is your bulb totally burned out? Did you even understand what I wrote? I never discouraged him, in fact, I encouraged him to go figure it out. I never said it wasn't worth his time, in fact, it is worth all his time. He should spend as much time as possible figuring it out. I never said it's not worth his money. In fact, I think it's worth all his money.

If I know how to machine coins and I have access to trade secrets, I wouldn't share any of it. Least not to a newcomer on a message board. And especially if I did the R&D work involved to get to the finished product.

Does this make my position quite clear?
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Yeah, my bulb my be a bit burned out. Maybe I wasn't clear. The only part that was really directed toward you was the part about the number of post. I wasn't trying to be hostile. I just stated an opinion. If it was taken wrong, then I'm sorry.
sarjito
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of sarjito
Hi, thanks for the posts,

I know my English is not as good as you guys - I'm trying my best to explain.
sorry if I have offended some people buy asking a sincere question. I did not see fact that you have to be reputable to ask such questions. Thanks Double J to point that out.

I guess the question of wanting to know about expending shell is not just thing in the past.

have a nice day.
ebinary
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ebinary
Quote:
On 2010-01-09 07:28, sarjito wrote:
Hi, thanks for the posts,

I know my English is not as good as you guys - I'm trying my best to explain.
sorry if I have offended some people buy asking a sincere question. I did not see fact that you have to be reputable to ask such questions. Thanks Double J to point that out.

I guess the question of wanting to know about expending shell is not just thing in the past.

have a nice day.

It was a reasonably question. There are tons of people willing to share how card gaffs are made, so there is no reason you wouldn't think the same is true for coin gaffs (especially since few people have lathes and mills lying around).

But apparently it is not true for coin gaffers. Maybe make a friend in the milling business and they will have an idea (sorry, but I don't).

Eric
MillsJW
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of MillsJW
Well summed up ebinary. Remember, if Houdini joined this forum today, he would have ONE post. Guess he would be a "newbie" too.
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Yes, you are correct. He would be a newbie to this forum. I'm sure his first questions wouldn't be on the order of finding out trade secrets.

HELLO......... McFly
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Quote:
On 2010-01-15 10:32, MillsJW wrote:
Well summed up ebinary. Remember, if Houdini joined this forum today, he would have ONE post. Guess he would be a "newbie" too.

Maybe, when Houdini comes back from the grave, you can get him to be a guest speaker here on the Café'. I'm sure He would be happy to tell everyone here his most treasured secrets.

I will be patiently waiting for this day.
sarjito
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of sarjito
I'm really worried now to ask questions in the forum (as a user who only posted 9 messages) as magic tricks are all containing trade secret as Double J correctly mentioned.

sorry if I have caused the confusion
sanjaya
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of sanjaya
I really don't know much about coin gaffs, but it's my understanding that expanded shells are expanded before they are cut. That is, they get smashed (a technical term) which makes them thinner and bigger in diameter. Then they are cut. Most are tails side for a couple reasons. One is that you don't have to match dates. The other has to do with the relief in the heads side can result in a thinner, weaker shell.

That's all I know about anything. And I might not even know that. Come to think of it, don't read this.
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Quote:
On 2010-01-16 11:02, sanjaya wrote:
they get smashed (a technical term)

'Smashed' IS a technical term.

Will you serve me another drink... Please... I asked nicely.... I will now become belligerent.
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Quote:
On 2010-01-16 11:02, sanjaya wrote:
I really don't know much about coin gaffs, but it's my understanding that expanded shells are expanded before they are cut.

Expanded shells are expanded using a very high pressure press...
sarjito
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of sarjito
I'm wondering if shelley1508 found any info he is looking for yet
MAOmagic
View Profile
New user
Columbus
97 Posts

Profile of MAOmagic
I know.. I was reading through this and was hoping there was more. This was interesting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Making your own coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL