The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Gift ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicwifey
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicwifey
My husband is an amateur/hobby magician type and I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for a great gift? In the past I've gotten him old posters and such which he really liked but I'm pretty much out of ideas. What would you want your SO to get for you? (That is under $500?) Ideally, it would be attractive enough for me to be happy to have it displayed in the house Smile

Thanks!!!
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I'm not sure what you're looking to display. Pictures, statues, magic tricks, etc. If you display a magic trick, be prepared to perform it, unless it's a model of something larger, like a stage illusion or something.

For posters and some collectible type stuff, I'd start with Norm Nielson at http://www.nnmagic.com He specializes in posters and some collectibles.
Coram Deo
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
How about a really nice close-up table?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Ewww....I like the close up table idea. Maybe a set of cups. Go to the ambitious card site.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Go cheap - you'll like THESE.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
magicwifey
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicwifey
Close up table. That sounds like a good idea though I will have to google it. He has really nice cups already.

Those shirts are awesome and I will definitely get one for him. Thanks rossmacrae.

Whatever I get doesn't have to be displayed necessarily but just cool. And I'm hoping by coming here I'll get an inside scoop and be the amazingly cool wife with the powers of great gift giving. Smile

You guys rock. Thanks!
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Maybe Jamie Grant's "Anything Is Possible Bottle"?
magicwifey
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicwifey
Quote:
On 2008-12-28 19:02, Jaz wrote:
Maybe Jamie Grant's "Anything Is Possible Bottle"?

That looks like something he would love. Thanks!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Hey! I know what I'd like....a Doug Higley Zibet! That would be the coolinest thing.
magicwifey
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicwifey
Quote:
On 2008-12-28 19:51, MagicSanta wrote:
Hey! I know what I'd like....a Doug Higley Zibet! That would be the coolinest thing.

gross! but cool. . . Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It will increase in value and is historical and all that. I'd proudly display one in my front room! Of course I also think torture devices look really cool on the walls, imagine an Iron Maiden in your vestibule, sexy.
magicwifey
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicwifey
Quote:
On 2008-12-28 20:26, MagicSanta wrote:
It will increase in value and is historical and all that. I'd proudly display one in my front room! Of course I also think torture devices look really cool on the walls, imagine an Iron Maiden in your vestibule, sexy.

Nothing says "I love you honey" like a torture device.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Well...I've always considered a wife to be a walkin' talkin' torture device. Had mine for 20 years....now excuse me I need to go cry.
magicwifey
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicwifey
Quote:
On 2008-12-28 21:36, MagicSanta wrote:
Well...I've always considered a wife to be a walkin' talkin' torture device. Had mine for 20 years....now excuse me I need to go cry.

bwhahahaha Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Gift ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL