The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mark Elsoon’s Rubik Remembered (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I've been tryin to solve it since 1984, so anything will be an improvement on speed for me. Looking forward to it arriveing
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Hey Mark... Could you shoot me a PM? I am sure there is some complication, but I still have not received my DVD (and yes folks, I have tried other forms of communication).

Thank you!

Sean
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
Sorry Sean!

PM on way...

For any interested magicians attending Blackpool, I'll be on the Alakazam stand every morning performing Rubik Remembered...

I have lots of other comments I want to make, some in reply to posts above, and others about my DVD or the Cube in general. However, due to time constraints they will have to wait until after the weekend.

I will mention this one thing though: using the exact method I teach on the DVD I can solve the Cube in about one minute every single time. BUT - Rubik Remembered is NOT about speed.

More next week...

Cheers,

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Hey Mark, REALLY looking forward to meeting you at Blackpool!

Definitely gonna take a look at this DVD Smile

Gary
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2009-01-02 20:15, Mac_Stone wrote:
Not that I should have to defend myself but my comments were made in regard to simply solving a Rubik's Cube whilst not blindfolded and trying to pass it off as someting ridiculous. Again, like I said, for me the dilemma is purely of an ethical nature; not that I lack the creativity to come up with such a premise but that I choose not to because I feel it crosses the very thin line between what we do and what those like Uri Gellar do, flim flam.

With respect to Any Card at Any Number, I am unfimiliar with this plot so I have no comment.

mac,

Just for clarification's sake, are you saying that solving the cube (regardless of blindfolded or not) should not be in someone's magic act?

Please don't get defensive. I really am just seeking clarity on your statement.

Thanks.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Lot of info:

http://www.rubiks.com/
nachotuoni
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
59 Posts

Profile of nachotuoni
As magic is an art, it depends on presentation. Yes, rubik remembered is a skill, but if you have any idea of a good routine to insert it, go for it. I think that instead of saying it is not magic and things like that, we should think deeper and work in ideas to make it remarkable. It´s a really good idea, so let us all work it out.
Another thing, you can learn to solve the cube almost everywere, but it is essential to show that first in order to solve it by memory.
Cheers!
Korhan
View Profile
Regular user
Istanbul, Turkey
105 Posts

Profile of Korhan
I like the dvd. The method is good but a little complicated. I can't memorize the moves easily but Mark's moves aren't that hard.

There's only one thing, I didn't like about the dvd. There should be a section about the moves. When I stuck with a cube, I like to know what the move was and I need to watch or skip the explaning of the situation/move everytime. I wish there was a section with the moves only so I can memorize easier.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mark Elsoon’s Rubik Remembered (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL