The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Club Roxy Revue World Debut in NYC! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
The Houdini Room at The Casa de Cool
1596 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
New show - The Club Roxy Revue, a sequel to Swingin' At The Roxy, will make it's world debut in New York, at the Producer's Club Theater March 20 & 21.

More details to follow. Yes, there will be a press release...

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 12:31pm
Hmmm... just realized that there hasn't been an official press release...

Show info available at http://www.producersclubtheaters.com.

Tickets now on sale at http://flip-sideproductions.ticketleap.com.

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 1:05pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
John Pyka Productions
615-480-8946

The Club Roxy Revue Debuts March 20th at The Producer’s Club Theater

New York – It isn’t often that a Nashville, TN producer chooses to debut a new show in New York City, but that is exactly what producer and performer John B. Pyka has chosen to do. On March 20th he, along with co-writer and director Andy Still will launch The Club Roxy Revue at the Producer’s Club Theater in New York City.

What sets the Club Roxy Revue apart is that it is full narrative magic musical that fuses magic and illusion, music, and dance in a story about revenge set in 1940s Chicago. It is an historic show in that it is the first full narrative magic musical to debut in New York since 1982 when Doug Henning starred in the Broadway musical Merlin. The show features award-winning magic and illusion, hit swing music from the mid 20th Century, and high energy dance, and a compelling story.

If New Yorkers are not familiar with the names John Pyka and Andy Still that is because although they have been professional working performers for years, this is also their New York debut. Pyka has been performing for almost 30 years and is an award winning magician, actor and singer. He has appeared in 100s of regional stage productions throughout the US. He is also a published author, having published the book Theatrical Magic. Andy Still has been acting professionally and writing for roughly 15 years. He has been based in Chattanooga, TN where he is an active part of the theater and arts community.

The duo decided a little over a year ago to just “pick up and go to New York” and began working on the show that would become The Club Roxy Revue. Following the debut the producers and cast plan a regional US theater tour, targeting smaller houses in rural areas.

The Club Roxy Revue draws from Pyka’s past work as the larger than life character “Big Daddy Cool,” and is a story about the fruitless pursuit of revenge. The Club Roxy Revue is set in 1940s Chicago and co-stars Lonny Chilton as rival mobster Frank Palumbo. “Little Frankie” is set on getting revenge for the killing of his boss Tony Greico, and he confronts “Big Daddy Cool” with the goal of taking over the club. The story is moved along by the magic, music and dance which serve specific purposes in the storyline. “There is nothing that doesn’t move the story” says Pyka, “it all has purpose and meaning in the framework of the story.” Although not a new concept, it is a unique approach to magic, and ties in to the principles Pyka advocates in his book Theatrical Magic.

The Club Roxy Revue will be presented two nights only at the Producer’s Club on W. 44th Street March 20 & 21. Tickets are $20 and complete information can be found at http://www.producersclubtheaters.com.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 11:59am
Tickets available now at https://flip-side-productions.ticketleap.com

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 12:01pm
Tickets also available at the door!
Swing hard, swing often, and we'll catch ya on the Flip-Side!
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
Heres Tony
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando
263 Posts

Profile of Heres Tony
Break a leg Big Daddy. I was just in NYC but now back in Orlando. Sorry I'm going to miss it this time around.
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1596 Posts

Hey there friends, family and fans!

Hard to believe that this Friday is the NYC World Debut of The Club Roxy Revue! I can't speak for the rest of the cast, but I am full of energy and excitement!

A lot of you have mentioned to me that obviously you can't make it to NYC, but you still wish to help. So, at the prompting of several friends, we have created a send-off fund that you can donate to. You can donate as little as $1, or as much as $100. It's up to you! But the money goes to make sure the Swing Kittens are well fed! Smile

So, here is the link to make your donation. Thanks so much for making our Broadway dreams come true!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm......=4020159

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 7:10pm
If you are coming this weekend to the world debut in NYC, please feel free to bring your video cameras! I wanna see footage posted all over youtube!

Oh, and tickets are available at the door - Only $20!

Club Roxy Revue
Producer's Club Theater
http://www.producersclubtheaters.com
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
Sweet mother! Break a thread, BDC! All my best!
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
jackstevens
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jackstevens
Any reviews available on this show yet? How did it go?
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1596 Posts

Show went great! No reviews yet, that I am aware of...
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
250 Posts

Profile of afun14u
YO, BDC...

Hearing you had a great run in that big ol' city that has two names...now what ya going to do? I would go to Disney! Miss ya big guy, see ya soon. My friend from the Castle is in town for a few day's and I have been telling about you and your show...so who knows maybe L.A. next.

Robert
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1596 Posts

Maybe... The only thing we didn't get was video. Our videographer had to drop out of the trip at the last minute, so all we got was camera flip-phone videos... We'll see...

As for what is next? Well we are currently booking a tour, so you never know - we may be ina city near you sooner than later!
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Club Roxy Revue World Debut in NYC! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL