The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for Pat Conway's Rising Matchbox (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1529 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I've been trying to find this forever, but haven't been able to. I've used Eugene's version for years, but I like the compact "anywhere, anytime" set up of the Conway version. Can anyone tell me who carries this anymore?

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Laurent van Trigt
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Laurent van Trigt
Hi Rick, Sorry for the late response (6 years delay apparently), but I had a session with Pat Conway yesterday at the Magic Circle. Even though 92, Pat still has the most superb sleight of hand. He also still makes and sells his matchboxes. PM me if you are still looking for them.
magicalmilton
View Profile
Regular user
London/Mallorca
173 Posts

Profile of magicalmilton
I used to live next door to Mr Conway (my parents still do), he was one of my first mentors in magic... and still the only person I have ever seen do extensive sleight of hand with a pair of scissors. As posted above, the best place to get one of Pats gimmicked matchboxes is probably from Pat himself. His book, The Pat way to Con, is equally worth getting a hold of.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22006 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The only dealer that use to sell Pat Conway's Rising Match Box was Ken Brooke's Magic Place back in the 1970's (now defunct), always temped to order, but never did. How is the best way to contact Pat Conway Esq.? Is he on line, or have to contact by mail, if so anyone know his address? I have his book and did not see anything that stood out as usable material? In my opinion, it is poorly written on the and this may be the problem with not finding any material. Been a while since I opened the cover.

I have used his ending to the Professor's Nitemare routine. Purchased separately from Ken Brooke many years ago. Give the trick an ending with nice handling. I believe it is still available from Steven's Magic, haven't check recently.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
magicalmilton
View Profile
Regular user
London/Mallorca
173 Posts

Profile of magicalmilton
The best way to get ahold of Pat is probably via the magic circle on a Monday tbh. Like I said, he lives next door to my parents in England, so I could possibly relay a message. PM me
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2568 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
This dealer has them in stock:

http://magicbypost.co.uk/matchbox-magic/......ise.html

However, I've never ordered anything from this company - so please bear in mind it's a referral rather than a recommendation. Smile
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Looking for Pat Conway's Rising Matchbox (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL