The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » I read the Washington Post Magazine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
So, Harley, when does the A&E special air?
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
This is such a hoot! I was in the wilds of central Virginia the other day, and a friend calls me up, demanding to know when I'm doing a DC area appearance, insisting that I MUST have one scheduled. I didn't know of any, but he insisted that there was a newspaper article about it. At my feet, was a pile of newspapers. I looked, and sure enough, there was the article. I had no clue that it was scheduled for publication, or indeed that it existed.

A number of years ago, I taped a couple of things for Mondo Magic. One was the burning rope straitjacket escape, and during the taping, a lot of things went wrong, from my perspective. That's another story, involving technical details that I wouldn't share in a public forum.

The other stunt, of which they only aired a few seconds, I call Harley on Harley, wherein a big motorcycle ends up parked on top of me, all on bed of nails. That day, I did my personal best, which was 2700 lbs. Ramps. Bike. People.

One of the people on the motorcycle was the author of the story. It's a nicely crafted piece! A couple of things are stretched, but only a little. I like it! Only now I wish I had a product to support the story.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con......3_2.html
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
Feeling so much younger now....
158 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Very nice press. Nice job on impressing too.
Love to hear the back story on the secret handshake one day.

Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
[email]steve@gemeny.com[/email]
www.gemeanii.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I wish I could tell you the back story. It's a detail that was added, after the fact. I don't really know any secret stuff like that.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
I guess that's why we should always distrust the media... Artistic license I suppose...
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
www.gemeanii.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Well, this isn't really a NEWS article. It's that in-between zone that we love so well.

I can count on one hand, how many times I've been accurately quoted in newspapers. And I like this article anyway.

www.bladewalker.com
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Yep, I like it too. And the added wow really does not mislead or misrepresent... just adds a bit of "howdhedodat" which even got me...

Any press is good press and this was good.

All be safe on New Years Eve...

Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
www.gemeanii.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » I read the Washington Post Magazine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.56 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL