The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New "Origami" from Pendragons??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I believe Bill Smith advertised it in Genii with a full page ad and photo.

Blair
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Thanks,mr.Marshall! Do you have some photos,may be you can send on my e-mail? Sinc.Serg.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Hi Serg,

I just checked my photo file and I do not have one. I have a "hard copy" but have not installed my new scanner.

I also went to Bill's site and did not see it there. Although you could always send him a note ( Http://www.magicventures.com )

Blair
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I watched them perform this about a year ago, and it got a great reaction from the audience. It is not a show stopping illusion, but it is well presented.

It is also refreshing to read that 12 people aren't writing about how they can't wait to add it to their show. Smile
My 2¢

Chris
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
OK,thanks,i ask now. Serg.
Tony Clark
View Profile
V.I.P.
118 Posts

Profile of Tony Clark
There is something missing here...The back wall is just to permanent...
I'm a big fan of the Pendragons as well, I know there is a solution because the illusion has some wonderful elements. I'm sure they will come up with something. They always do. Hard working illusionist don't sit still...
Just my two cents...
http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I hate to critique some of the best in our craft - but I didn't care for the presentation or the effect either. To me, the wall's presence isn't logical and makes this illusion look rather odd (permanent or not). I appreciate all the work the Pendragons and others have done but IMO this effect's design and presentation needs a lot more work. With today's outstanding designers and craftsman, one would think its only a matter of time before someone comes up with a new look and/or design that is not only logical, but much more flattering and mind boggling.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Hi Tony,

Nice to see you here!!! Good to see some workers.

Blair
kcmagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of kcmagic
Have to agree with Curtis. There isn't really any "logic" to this trick. Oragami is very logical. I know I thought this as a magician, but the first thing I thought was "Palaquin" and as a laymen I'd think..why is there a wall there? If other people like it, great, but I think it's weak.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New "Origami" from Pendragons??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL