The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Two Set Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I placed an order for two sets of John Mendoza Style Non-Combo cups from RNT and was wondering if there is a routine out there somewhere that combines 2 sets of C&Bs?

This routine I am assuming will only display 3 cups while there are 3 hidden back-up cups with different loads.

Happy New Year Smile
Madkiki
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Just wondering ...what would be the point of that? To have loads or different styles of cups that change?
There have been several routines over theyears where seemingly endless number of cups just appear and then final loads at the end.
There is one rouitne that ends with a milk shake in the cup.

There is the solid cup ending where a cup is exchanged for a solid one unbeknownst to the audience until revaled.
Latimer ends his routine with three solid cups.

There is the one where someones shoe ends up on the table at the end and a fourth cups also makes an appearence.
To just have three more cups appear could be good but how and why do we get there is more to the point I guess.
Mobius
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

I bought two sets for several reasons. We all know that RNT is about to end and this will be my last chance to buy great cups at great prices.

I love the John Mendoza style cups, the extra set can be use just in case something happens to the first set, and just maybe a two set routine or a 4 cup routine just might pop-up in my mind and I will have all the cups ready to perform. For practicing, I can have a set of cups here for one routine and another set over there for another routine, I like multitasking. Maybe one day I will do a C&B duet with someone and have two matching set of cups.

I guess the possiblities are endless with two sets of matching cups.

:) Smile Smile
:) Smile Smile
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I would tell you about my bad experience with RNT II but that would get your thread deleted. Oh well.
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

I believe Bosco used five cups for his routine, two of which were gaffed. I'm not at my home computer so can't look it up, but a thread somewhere here, or in sidewalk shuffle should turn up some clues.

Hope this helps.

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Having a backup set gives you all sorts of possibilities. Dominic Duvivier ends with a fourth cup production during the final load sequence. Having a second gaffed cup might open up other possibilities as well.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-12-31 12:02, splice wrote:
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I would tell you about my bad experience with RNT II but that would get your thread deleted. Oh well.

I was going to post this last night, but just as I did, the thread was deleted. Go figure.

A lot of people think that I am a shill and/or sycophant for RnT II. This is absolutely not the case. Some of the people who read the threads on this forum think I should protest as much as they do. I won't do it. There are a number of reasons for it.

First, it is against the rules of the Magic Café. Maybe you didn't read the rules and etiquette when you signed up, but all of it is in that section.

You can find it here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=39&0

The threads that have been deleted recently violated one or the other of the following rules:

Under "Relevant Topics"
Quote:
Personal attacks or insulting opinions and statements regarding other posters can not and will not be tolerated.

If I make a comment about someone else's girth, his intelligence, or his lack of verifiable ancestry, the post will be deleted. If an argument ensues, a whole thread will be deleted. If someone is offended by something I post, someone will edit it or delete it.

The second rule is this one:
Under "Pointing Fingers"
Quote:
Because the Internet allows folks to post comments (whether true or not) in just a few seconds for possibly thousands to read within a very short time, making negative statements or accusations concerning the character or business practices of an individual or company/dealer will not be tolerated. While you may personally know that John Doe stole an idea, trick, or effect and is a thief, posting such information on The Magic Café will get your post deleted asap, and with no notice or explanation given. As far as we are concerned, such postings are no more then gossip or libel and fall into the lawsuit category. As has been stated elsewhere, we are NOT a court of law, we are a magic community. Please take any grievances you may have concerning individuals of questionable character to the proper authorities, who are better equipped to handle such situations. 'Nuff said.

One of the posters claimed that when the staff deletes posts that are derogatory about a certain magic dealer whom he accused of fraud, the staff is guilty of aiding and abetting the fraud. This is a really large leap. Since this policy applies to ALL negative comments, once they are reported, and since it is prominently posted in a "Please Read" section that is on the first page that you see when you enter the Café, this fairly well indemnifies the Café against such actions.

Another reason posts and threads get deleted is that they complain about posts and threads getting deleted and question the reasons for this. That's a no-no as well.

BTW, The no negative comment rule is applied to posts about ALL dealers, not just the ones you are ticked off at.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Bill, first of all I still can't understand why you are not listed as a VIP on the The Magic Café for your skills, experience, support, honesty and knowledge.

Second of all because of the spelling mistakes, misunderstandings, education, definitions, etc. you help us with, why aren't you a staff?

I know you are modest, but I still want an answer, buddy.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Bill,

well said Smile
"But there isn't a door"
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I agree Tom, well said indeed! However, as you well know it's just preaching to the choir for some and we'll see these posts come and go again and again!
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I suppose you're right Mick Smile
"But there isn't a door"
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Due to "policy", the recent threads in their entirety were deleted.

In the past, however, other threads were left in-tact but offending posts removed.
So a thread that originally looked like:

Abc is Bad
Abc is Bad
ABC is Good
Abc is Bad
Abc is Bad
Abc is Bad
ABC is Good
Abc is Bad
Abc is Bad

ended up looking like
ABC is Good
ABC is Good

completely changing the "flavor" of the thread by 180 degrees from it's original content. In a sense, re-writing history.

that's not good. if policy is to be upheld, the intent of such threads must be maintained or there is a great disservice happening.

I know those occurrences really bothered a lot of people.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Right-o Frank,
There have been times when I start reading a topic, take a break, come back and wonder WTF? I'd actually see them fully deleted over edited!
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Rather than 'changing the flavour', it would be better if the entire thread was deleted.
Or maybe never started in the first place.
"But there isn't a door"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The "ABC is bad" posts should never have gone up in the first place.

In answer to Dynamike's question about why I'm not staff here -- I was asked a while back to become part of the staff, but in order to be a member of the staff, I would have had a conflict, because I was the administrator of Ted Lesley's Mind and Magic forum.

To have VIP status, you need to be one of the people that Steve has do a special appearance on the Café.

I can do everyone more good by keeping the status I have -- whatever that is Smile -- than I could by being a member of the staff or anything else.

Besides, there are only four of us who are in the "Eternal Order" -- you, Jonathan Townsend, Pete Biro and me. There are lots of VIP's.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

I just noticed today that there is a 5th in the EO, Kyle Peron with 13,000 plus!
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Now I am starting to feel quilty about starting this topic. Just want to learn as much as I can, did not mean to open old sores.

Thanks to Dave V and MagiUlysses with their responses, and hope to hear some more.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Smile
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Thanks Mickey.=) I guess I have no life or just way too many things to say. Happy New Year my friend.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Sorry I left you out, Kyle.

I will not do that in the future.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Thanks Bill. It's all good my friend. =)

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Two Set Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL