The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Robby Knievel - What the!?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20029 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was in a hotel in St. Louis with my wife, and we were watching that and the truck flip thing.(WOW what a New Years Eve!)

Well I lost my money on the truck flip, I bet roof so Robby was my only hope.

When we saw the graphics and all the cgi stuff about how dangerous it was WOW maybe he follws in dads skid marks!

Then he did it, and we had no idea it happened! WE WERE WATCHING THE THING! I think even the announcer was underwhelmed.

Was it just me or has he put on a few pounds?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Actually I've not been to Vegas in 40 years, I'm gonna go soon though to visit a friend! I thought the kid was saying it was all faked, I have no idea what the volcano looks like. I have to say I liked the second fellow jumping onto a roof better.

It is all science now. Back in the days of Evil and that other dude they just built a ramp and flung themselves over crap, then they built part of the landing ramp over the trucks and people would complain about it. Hey! Times never change do they?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I also thought the announcer sounded odd, like something didn't happen at the right time?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What is 'the truck flip'?
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The "truck flip" was the stunt event at the Rio last night (yeah, I know . . .).

The whole idea was to launch a truck off a ramp, have it do a flip backwards, land correctly and drive off.

That's the idea, but here's what actually happened:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PaaFYLevKM

On the Vegas Strip today, the only stunt anyone was talking about was Robbie Maddison's Arch jump.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Okay....I admit it, while you all were watching trucks flippin' and bikes a leapin' I was watching Clueless just because Alicia Silverstone (?) lookes so darn cute in mini skirts.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20029 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was trying to get some sleep. God am I old.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
893 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Embarassing camera angles on that first one, Matthew W. It was obviously fake, and very obvious the second they showed Robby zooming towards the camera after landing- there was no volcano behind him. Even more embarassing is when he rides back up the landing ramp, and we can see the volcano exploding behind him.

And for those of you saying Criss Angel would have planned a stunt like that- no, Criss would have had the good sense to land inside the volcano itself, completely freaking out all of his fans, and giving his poor mother a heart attack, before appearing from the middle of the crowd.

-Erik
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-01-02 17:53, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Embarassing camera angles on that first one, Matthew W. It was obviously fake, and very obvious the second they showed Robby zooming towards the camera after landing- there was no volcano behind him. Even more embarassing is when he rides back up the landing ramp, and we can see the volcano exploding behind him.

And for those of you saying Criss Angel would have planned a stunt like that- no, Criss would have had the good sense to land inside the volcano itself, completely freaking out all of his fans, and giving his poor mother a heart attack, before appearing from the middle of the crowd.

-Erik

I think you nailed that one!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Robby Knievel - What the!?! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL