The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Body Loading (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

amazenyou
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
95 Posts

Profile of amazenyou
Hey folks,

I'm looking for some good references for body loading techniques. Silks, cards, canes, etc. I have "The Art Of Body Loading" on order, but its being reprinted right now. What are some other good sources?

Thanks everyone,
C
Youth Writer - Linking Ring Magazine
If you know of a youth that should be featured in my article, let me know!
www.cliffbumgardner.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Body loading? Do you mean loading your OWN body or a spectators? I have a body loading book that I got years ago, but it was for loading a spectator during your act with them.

If you are wanting to load your own body then just sit down and think about it. The answers will come to you.

Ray
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Eddie Joseph had a booklet on body loading. I think I saw Hank Lee advertising it.

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=5812

I had a copy but when I moved into our new house, it has been misplaced.

Hope that helps.

David
Zauber280
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
67 Posts

Profile of Zauber280
If you are a manipulator, Jeff McBride offers all sorts of suggestions for body loads for cards, silks, balls, thimbles, coins, etc. in both his World Class Manipulation and Art of Card Manipulation video/dvd series. There are homemade and manufactured holdouts available for just about every imaginable manipulable. It's a matter of putting things where you will need them in relationship to your act. Personally, I think body loading is the easy part. Stealing your desired objects without detection is the true art and requires little more than lots of practice. Good luck!
--
Joel

"In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest."

-Henry Miller
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
C,

I just found it when I was looking for Hoffmann's Later Magic. I would recommend you buy it if you can find it. It is an Abbotts Publication so you might be able to find it from Abbotts. It has a good bit of info for loading yourself, a shill or a volunteer.

David
Tony Clark
View Profile
V.I.P.
118 Posts

Profile of Tony Clark
You may even try watching some dove magic dvds. Dove loads and steals techniques can be used for other props as well. For instance I use a tail pocket to produce a Giant Card Fan. I used to use it to vanish a dove. Same pocket, different usage.
Hope this helps.
http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
Wow, Tony Clark!

You are one of my magic heroes. I just got your dvd on Slydini and really liked the work on lapping. Thank you for passing the torch of the master and creating your own amazing shows.
amazenyou
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
95 Posts

Profile of amazenyou
Thanks guys, all great tips! My biggest concern was a way to load a silk... then I found a dropper and felt stupid.. haha

Thanks again,

C
www.cliffbumgardner.com
amazenyou
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
95 Posts

Profile of amazenyou
By the way, just wanted to say I got my first dove bag in the mail yesterday... WOOOW it just opened so many mental door ideas for body loads...

Thinking of putting one horizontal across my back (under the a tail) for silk and or cane steals..

Thanks again guys,
C
www.cliffbumgardner.com
casibb3
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of casibb3
Any suggestions regar4ding Pocket Watches? An older publication, Tricks with Watches at hand. Can't locate dealers who sell watches for manipulation. Any ideas as to source?

Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Body Loading (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL