The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Seo Color Million Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Has anyone bought these cards from Seo Magic?

Here is the link from Seo; http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......fe1a261e

I did and they sent some wax along with the cards.

My question is probally obvious, what is the most effective way to wax the cards?

I have powdered thousands of cards but have never waxed cards.

I am hoping my good friends on the MC, James Tong or anyone else can help.
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
You out the card on a pice of card board or somthing hard and that you don't mind getting wax on, and then you just rub the candle back and forth making sure that the card is completly coated with wax,and flip it over and do the same thing. that's how seo thought me. I love the wax I perfer it over powder, the only problam is after awile the wax gets dirty so you haft to scrap the wax off and do it agin(but that's after about a year of use)

kyle
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I believe that the Stevens Greater Magic Series with Shimada shows Shimada using wax on his manipulation cards and how to apply it.

Lou
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Seems to me that someone used to use Johnson Bruce floor wax on the cards. I know Walt Cummings (Chavez instructor to Neil Foster among others) used cashmere bouquet soap.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Richard,

You know, it seems Denny Hainey told me something similar when I was at his shop last year.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-01-02 01:46, Darkwing wrote:

Here is the link from Seo; http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......fe1a261e

My question is probally obvious, what is the most effective way to wax the cards?

Darkwing,

I have not tried those SEO cards before but as to waxing the cards I would prefer using car wax. Use those that are not so watery. I have tried car wax with jumbo cards and they fan very well.

I do not use any other wax because of the fact that they get dirty and some you have to scrap them off while others the wax gets added on top of each coat, hence making the cards thicker. But that is only my opinion and preferences.

I have been using fanning powder for some 30 years and will continue to use them, and will not use wax application (unless it is for jumbo cards).

If the cards are clean and smooth, especially those that are from Japan, I would use 'micro fiber cloth' to clean (wipe with the dry cloth) them when they are dirty. These cards already come clean and smooth. After wiping the cards can be fanned easily again.

Hope this helps.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Man I tried this method that SEO recommends, rubbing the wax candle repeatedly on every card, and it is exausting! A better recommendation (if you have it) is to use a dremel and soft attachment, and wax your cards like it's a car hood! Smile
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Yes, waxing is a tiring chore. Using tools can get the job done faster and also not so exhausting. If you are doing it with your hands and using 'bull strength', then waxing a deck of cards is equivalent to waxing your car. TIRING and EXHAUSTING. LOL.
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
I agree with James! Tiring... Wait until you try waxing the cards... LOL
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Are these used for manipulation?
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2009-01-03 07:42, JamesTong wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-02 01:46, Darkwing wrote:

Darkwing,

I have not tried those SEO cards before but as to waxing the cards I would prefer using car wax. Use those that are not so watery. I have tried car wax with jumbo cards and they fan very well.

I do not use any other wax because of the fact that they get dirty and some you have to scrap them off while others the wax gets added on top of each coat, hence making the cards thicker. But that is only my opinion and preferences.

I have been using fanning powder for some 30 years and will continue to use them, and will not use wax application (unless it is for jumbo cards).

If the cards are clean and smooth, especially those that are from Japan, I would use 'micro fiber cloth' to clean (wipe with the dry cloth) them when they are dirty. These cards already come clean and smooth. After wiping the cards can be fanned easily again.

Hope this helps.

James,

You were right, powdering is the way to go.

I powdered the cards and they fan like a dream.

Thank you,
David Williams
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
We can always rely on the good old fanning powder.
ting
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of ting
I did Wax Some of my Cards before, I think its perfect for Fanning. But not really good for card Production and other stuff though.

Anson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Seo Color Million Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL