The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Harry Blackstone 1961 Video Colon Michigan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
467 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Happy New Year! In the next few months we are going to be posting some very rare clips of famous magicians - most never seen before! Here is a clip of Harry Blackstone Sr. performing at his only get-together in 1961 in Colon, Michigan. Harry was 76 years old at the time. Here you will see him performing Vanishing Bird Cage, Silk Fountain and of course....the floating light bulb! We are scanning our vault and found lots of great videos you will certainly enjoy.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpnHoxl0MnE
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
724 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
That was really neat. I enjoyed watching Harry Sr.
Thanks for sharing that Rick.
Bob.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Very cool to see, thanks for that!
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Thanks for sharing this. It reminds me of the footage of Thurston. It is jumpy and not one routine is shown to the fullest. But, it's nice to see something of the old master on film.
DGillam
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of DGillam
I was lucky enough to be in the audience the night this was filmed, and seeing this video brought back lots of memories of this event and those times. Thanks for sharing.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
467 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Glad you all are enjoying it...

www.fabmagic.com
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Great video...Straigt from the Magic Capital of the World....Thanks Rick!!!
James
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Great film, I was there. Only chance I actually got to see Uncle Harry do his thing live on stage. Thanks for putting it up. Wish I had the means to film it back then.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
467 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
So everyone knows which I am sure they do anyhow..these movies were from an Abbott Magic Gettogether - I have been emailed that these were bootleg vids - I have many on 8mm and 16mm. I took on the expense of having movies converted, and yes I do some cross marketing with them. It is just good marketing but anyhow the main intent was to allow magicians to get a glimpse into the past that otherwise would have most likely never be done. There is and was NO underlying 'scheme' We have done nothing illegal and in my opinion unethical. I have movies of 1952 gettogethers with Percy,Edgar Bergen, John Mulholland, Tarbell, Fu Manchu, Thurston - Howard and Harry, Paul LePaul, Paul Rosini and the list goes on...I will not inundate the Café with a lot of videos as I don't want people to think it is all about 'marketing' or 'bootlegging" 50 year old movies that are in my possession. I do appreciate all of the nice comments and am happy to know the vast majority of you enjoy what I am doing with these. It is high time they be allowed to be viewed by all aficionados of the magic art - amateur, professional, collector or the hobbyist. Thank you.

www.fabmagic.com
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Thank you Rick, the videos are a fascinating look into the past.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Harry Blackstone 1961 Video Colon Michigan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL