The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » OK, I'm finally tipping my best rope move (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13363 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Very nice Pete. I'll use that from now on. I thought I was doing that but I see that your way is even smooooother. Good tip.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
That's excellent Pete. Thank you so much for tipping yer mitt!!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5373 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Wow! Pete, that's absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
kenwax
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of kenwax
Well I've gone nuts for a half hour, trying every link on this page. All I get is voice over of the trick, but no video / visual. Anyone have any idea what's wrong?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Yes, use the second link the one given by Ian, and look at the top of your browser right under the tool bar, there is probably a little yellow line there telling you that the site wants to run an add on and asking you for permission. Click it and give it permission.

By the way Pete, great move. You gotta admire the simplicity and directness of it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Pete,

I appreciate the PN setup. Also, I just watched the C-R move on World's Greatest Magic DVD. Dan Harlan did it. I never saw the move before, and now I have seen it twice in one day!

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I loved them all. I am just now getting back into ropes again, didn't do a lot in the past. Great routines and fantastci moves. Whit is one funny man. Thanks for the help with all the ropes.

Steven
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-01-05 12:39, Pete Biro wrote:
I wonder... is there a video clip of Slydini's get-ready for PN? I know that Fred Kaps used it.

I think my move has similarity to the Slydini move. I just have a quicker method for the loop.
Http://stagetricks.com/professor/nightmarepu.html
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ian
Nice move
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13363 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I used to do it Ian's way but had a hard time finding the right part of the rope each time to make it even. I switched to what I believe is the same way Ted Lesley did it on his DVD, and now I think Biro's method is even easier and more casual.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Ian... that's nice and simple too. Thanks. This has been a very informative thread.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Pete,
I've been using Slydini's for about (only) 35 years but yours is better for it is even more direct... and I really thought Slydini's one was close to perfection.

Thanks for sharing it.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Pete,
Have we decide who originated this move yet?
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Which move? The one I demo'd? Or the one in Tarbell 2 (not credited). Basically I would say independent duplication of thoughts as I didn't have Tarbell yet and came up with the handling for the cut/restored in a session with Red Hennning at his home in Santa Rosa, Calif. And when I got the Professor's Nightmare I found that my way worked to start with a single rope. I was going to market my routine, start with single end with single through Ken Brooke, calling it the Nemo Rope Routine, but before we got to it Ken had his stroke and passed away. Smile
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Pete,

Thanks for sharing...

Ken
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Pete, it will be a tragic day when you won't let us into that great mind of yours. Tarbell's we'll always have, you we won't. Thanks to all you contribute to magic.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2070 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I can watch the video, but get no sound. Even so, thanks Pete!

Regards, Steve
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
NO sound? Too bad I am singing an Irish Ditty... Smile
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 09:58, yachanin wrote:
I can watch the video, but get no sound. Even so, thanks Pete!

Regards, Steve

Steve always has trouble with technology...mostly the stuff I post to him. At least I know some people can view it. Pete sings!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » OK, I'm finally tipping my best rope move (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL