The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » So why don't you get reel magic?. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
That sounds fair. Glad to see that you got a subscription.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
I'm a subscriber and highly recommend Reel Magic. It is excellent and it keeps getting better. Can't wait for my next issue.

P.S. Really enjoyed your lecture last night in Richmond. Keep up the good work Koz!!
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Koz,

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy my subscription. I wrote on the Genii forums that it is the best deal in magic. I'll say it here again.

Reel Magic is the best deal in magic. It's entertaining. Each issue has great effects by people who teach them really well. The people who appear on your discs are all world-class magic stud-puppies as well!

Those who do not subscribe are missing out on DVDs that will be collectors' items and much sought after, in the years to come.

Thank you for all the hard work it must take to put this thing together every quarter.

Kent Gunn

http://www.bamagic.com
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Actually 6 times a year Smile kent, you hit the street yet?

koz
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The Magic Bakery has been a supporter of Reel Magic from the start and I will continue to do so. Reel Magic is hands down the best value dollar for dollar of any current publication in magic. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
It is excellent and every issue is a joy that has plenty of things of interest on it. A lot of hard work has gone into making this and the end result is something of great quality.
Mike Webb
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Mike Webb
Reel magic is the best bang for my buck!
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Iv'e been a subscriber for more than a year now and have come to the conclusion that I am a bit bored with the content of this "magazine". Surely they can come up with content that is other than coins and cards. I am so sick and tired of lectures on card handling and coin tricks that the DVD usually sits among my pile of "real" magic magazines that need more than a DVD player to access the information. Granted, the interviews are informative and often interesting, but I can read an interview just as simply and do not have to scan a DVD for a "gem" of information that I may want to bookmark.
As I stated in a facebook link, I have never seen anything about silk magic, rope magic, mentalism, flower magic, classic magic, illusions etc.etc.etc.
This magazine could be so much more interesting. How about a "column" on illusion building? Or take a classic trick and do an in depth analysis each month. There is so much more than coins and cards! Inless I see some changes, I for one will not re-subscribe.

Arthur
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
I like the issues I have received so far, but I think Martello makes an excellent point! More variety would be great.
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I agree....Thats why we added "be my guest" ... this column allows us to put some really big names in the magazine every issue....this is going to be a really fun column

Look for something new in every issue.....lots of new content....i promise
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I really enjoy Reel Magic. It's gotten better year after year.

There are a few things I'd like to see. Up till now, almost all of the featured magicians have been Americans.
And while they've all been excellent performers and creators, it seems time to add more international flavor.

I'm thinking of people like Jaun Tamariz, Rafael Benatar, David Stone, Tom Stone, Lennart Green, Derren Brown the guys from the Flicking Fingers in Germany to name a few.

Magic is so much more than than just America.

And along the same lines, how about a segment that shows video clips of emerging talent from around the world.

All the best in 2010
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Motown, we are in 2010 starting to working Europe...I'm not really sure that there will be a feature there because we have some guys in the can right now BUT we will be making an effort to expand where we work from...I appreciate your comments...I'm going to blackpool in Febuary and ge to know he guys over there.

thanks
Koz
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Koz,

good to hear. And I do know that Wayne Dobson is in the current issue.
Perhaps when some of the international performers are here in the US,
that would give you the opportunity to interview them.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Any suggstions?....also were looking for new ideas for columnists
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I had made a suggestion about presenting a Gospel magician on an issue, but other than Gaddy thinking it was a good idea, it was otherwise ignored.

I'm not trying to suggest that ReelMagic become a christian video magazine, but Gospel magic is a legitimate genre of magic is it not? You have Silly Billy doing a kids segment so why not a segment for Gospel magic. Not everyone performs Gospel magic, but not everyone performs kids magic either.

I'd also love to see more about stage magicians and illusionist instead of just close-up artists.

Happy New Years everyone!
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Dan, it wasn't ignored...we read everything here....i get 6 covers a year so its there are some really big names that are available.... I have no issues with this idea.....i'm sure it will happen.....i just haven't had the opportunity

I appreciate everything suggestion that we get here.....it helps drive this forward...PLEASE keep bringing them

koz
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
First of all, let me just state that while I don't have a subscription (still trying to figure out why not!), I do buy them individually from my local magic shop. It is one of the ways I support both you and him.

I really like the Silly Billy segments, in part because he discusses presentation aspects, not just particular magic tricks.

I am also glad that you cleaned up some of the "language" issues.

One thing I think would be very interesting would be a column on magic performance and presentation.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
Ted, I used to just pick it up at a brick and mortar, where my trips to pick up this and another 'trade' were my excuse for making the drive. There was rarely any other reason for being there other than socializing, so I used this for my excuse. I have since subscribed and have to agree with Kent. This is the best deal going! THe content continues to improve, the columns and columnists continue to impress, and while I am a voracious reader, I have learned quite a lot through Reel Magic. Continue to go in the direction you're going, let the nit picky gripes just roll off of you, and I'll keep subscribing. Guys, get on this - it is well worth it!

Mark
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks Guys I appreciate the kind words..... BUT we need drive this forward. I'm convinced this can be much better....We have a lot new things happening over the next few issues...our goal is something new every issue...to make some kind of improvement

thanks again and bring the ideas forward

Koz
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I also would like to see more than just coins and cards and even close-up.

Parlor... how about a Jim Steinmeyer column! : )

Also would love to see more on mentalism, comedy and even marketing.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » REEL MAGIC MAGAZINE - TV For Magicians » » So why don't you get reel magic?. (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL