The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fiber cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
Anyone know of a company still making fiber flight cases?
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
Very few case companies make traditional fiber cases because of the cost. Most are made from high density polyethylene, polypropylene or corrugated plastic.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I deal with this company on ebay all the time.... they get rid of old cases for companies not using them, and they are often the older, better cases. The seller store name is "avforsale". They usually have tons of cases, cheap!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3498 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Hi, it’s true it is harder for find the older fiber cases.

I’ve had very good luck with PlastiCase,
they have stock sizes, and will do custom work,
you can also have foam liners made.
Great prices, and will withstand a lot of use.

http://www.plasticase.com/

Magically,
Walt
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7421 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Look for Fiberbilt Case company in PA.

Most of the case are made with reinforced plastic now. There are few guys fabricating them with the fiber.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I think I better check out some of those links for the fiber and plastic cases. A while back my brother came across a really nice road case made from plywood covered with fabric. It was a nice factory made unit with wheels on the bottom and handles at the top. He bought for me it at a Goodwill for $ 15.00. I proceeded to put the swords for my temple of benares in it as well as the bases for my pipe and drape back drop. Later that day I was loading up my pick up for a show, My new case rolled like a dream to the back of the truck. Then when I went to lift it up I just about killed myself !! Like an idiot, I never realized that the case was about 60 pounds empty! If I had a truck with a ramp it would work just fine, but having to lift it up 3 feet into the back of the pick up is a different matter. So now the case is in the " Garage sale items " corner of the garage.
Bob.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7421 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Also look on ebay for shipping case with wheels. I found some nice cases made by Parker that have wheels on them. They are very durable plastic case. Do a google search for companies that sell them. But you do not want to buy them new. They will run you upwards of $300.

I know what you mean about the weight of the show. The problem is with a lot of the ata cases unless you are trucking a show, it will cost you a fortune to ship it. Also watch the size so you do not have to pay for oversized shipping.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I looks like that you can still get them from Encorecases.com

I have a fiber case from this company and it works perfect.....

I hope this helps.

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
Thanks guys!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7421 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, Encore cases does make them.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fiber cases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL