The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » No FISM Flash, what now... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Hi everyone,

Which unit is the smallest? I really would like to purchase one of these items but everyone that I have looked into is the size of a disposable camera. There is no way it would look natural under my clothing.

Please let me know. I am looking for something small with a bright flash. I am also hoping to put it on and go which an easy trigger switch. I am hoping that I can turn the unit on and off fairly easily without removing the whole unit.

Thanks in advance!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
With the original, that wasn't a problem. Although the basic unit was rather large, the flash, itself was on a lead that allowed it to be separated from the unit.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Thanks Bill. Can anyone else answer my question regarding items that are still available from retailers today? Thanks!
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Anyone?
Doruk Ãœlgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ãœlgen
I believe flash burst is still avaible and that will do the job...
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I just got a FISM Flash (from ebay auction). This one doesn't have a mercury switch, it just has a switch on the electronics housing (kind of like a paddle switch). Does anyone know the history of this version? I love the fact that the flash is remote from the electronics, therefore much smaller than the Sun Magic unit and the Cyber Flash unit.
Also, can someone tell me whether the Flash Burst unit works like the FISM Flash, or is it self contained (flash a part of electronics).

Thanks!
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I checked out the Flash Burst and now understand how it works. I also researched the FISM Flash, and understand that it is a newer version than the version with the toe or ankle switch. After playing around for a while, I determined that I could use a large safety pin (the size used for linking pins), wrap the inner bar with a large "patch" bandage, and slip that side of the pin into the belt clip. I then pinned it to an undershirt under my armpit. I can now easily trigger it with my arm, while keeping both hands in front of the audience. The Magic Café is a great resource when you use the search function! I think this version is the best for what I want it for. I often wear shorts and a button up tropical shirt when performing casually (happy hour in Arizona), and this setup will work for me!
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
435 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Quote:
On 2009-01-05 23:22, Review King wrote:
John's e-mail is penthru@aol.com

I haven't tried the e-mail address......but has anyone heard a peep from the great Mr. Cornelius in the past, oh I dunno.......8 years?!
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of JIMclubber64
What type of switch does flash burst use? Is it an ankle or toe switch, or something else? I recall hearing that it was an ankle switch somewhere, but I could be mistaken.
"Magic should always have a purpose. [...] Find your purpose for performing. Only then will you be able to find the right trick!" -- Jay Noblezada
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
The instructions call the switch a "pressure switch." it would probably work with the toe, but instructions suggest the heel. to use it that way the "safety" must be off until the performer is ready to flash. otherwise it would trigger with every step.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
No FISM Flash, what now... Simple - Make your own. Smile Smile

Click ----> HERE

Enjoy! Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Not to necro a thread, but after running across this concept, I built a DIY version that includes a safety and toe switch. I *may* put the bulb on a lead, but honestly it's so compact as it is that I have built it into a card box. What's more natural than a box of cards in your pocket?

Total cost?

$5.

Keep in mind, I do have electronics and capacitor knowledge. Trust me, you DON'T want to discharge the capacitor through your body. Makes touching a 9v to your tongue like a tickle.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Sadly John Cornelius has had most of his creations copied including Fism Flash, Pen Thru and Thought Transmitter.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
And the fun part is, even after the battery is removed the capacitor still holds that charge. I bought a DIY unit from the internet and put it together, as I was using the silicone glue to cover all the hot spots, I accidentally zapped myself! WOW! Who needs to pay for perms?
My unit works great and costs $10.
James

Quote:
On 2011-08-29 21:58, Ekuth wrote:
Not to necro a thread, but after running across this concept, I built a DIY version that includes a safety and toe switch. I *may* put the bulb on a lead, but honestly it's so compact as it is that I have built it into a card box. What's more natural than a box of cards in your pocket?

Total cost?

$5.

Keep in mind, I do have electronics and capacitor knowledge. Trust me, you DON'T want to discharge the capacitor through your body. Makes touching a 9v to your tongue like a tickle.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » No FISM Flash, what now... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL