The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will The U.S. Economy Recover? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
YOU GUYS JUST CAN NEVER ADMIT YOU HAVE BEEN 100% WRONG ....
In four days the market drops about 1600 points losing billions of dollars... About 400 points a day.... And you can't admit it... Not even to yourselves ... sorry state of affairs. The economy is NOT recovering... The only reason the market grows is because people are conned into putting their 401K retirement funds into it. It's shear volume, and not much else.
It's time to audit the FED and ARREST the Banksters.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
seneca77
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa Bay, Florida
201 Posts

Profile of seneca77
Dave, what you need to admit is that you are so far out of your league here. Your rudimentary understanding of 401(k) funds, the Federal Reserve, the stock market, etc. is making you look more and more like a fool with every post. It's kind of pathetic.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
But I was right about this faulty market wasn't I!!!!!

It is bleeding like a stuck pig and you guys are on the hook. You own it now.

It's down 1600 points and you can't come to grips with it can you ... Look in the mirror ... it's down 1600 points!!!!!

There are 94 million Americans out of work.... A record number on Food Stamps EBT......One in SIX lives in poverty in the USA!!!!...
The USA is deeper in dept than EVER, $17 trillion bucks.........Now THAT's PATHETIC!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hard to imagine it is possible but he manages.

Dave you lose credibility at a much faster rate and you survive.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
ROTFLMAO... Financial credibility on a magic forum's Not Very Magical section with a bunch of self proclaimed experts ??? Is that it danny???? You can't even come to grips with the FACT that the market has lost BILLIONS...

Hey buddy ... When do we all get it back? Share your knowledge.... Smile

94 million unemployed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who claimed to be an expert and where?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
While improvement might be slower than wanted it has improved.

rotflmao
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So that is where I claim to be an expert?

You are not even a good troll any more.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
NO ...That's just where you were WRONG!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

94 million unemployed..... 1 in 6 lives in poverty in the USA...... A record number on Food Stamps EBT.... the stock market just lost 1600 points....more debt than EVER!!!!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So things have not improved at all?

What about the gains prior to the losses? You just ignore those?

What was the DJA 6 years ago and what is it today?

http://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow-jone......10-years

Here is some help. Before the crash and after and now. If you knew anything about which number is bigger than the other it is self explanatory.

Again I repeat things may not have recovered as quickly as wanted but things are better.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Do you realize that the DJIA only represents 30 companies? Weren't you the guy who was complaining earlier about not having enough to retire on because of your over reliance on social security? Yep, I really want to take my financial advice from a genius such as yourself. I actually used today to maximize my Roth IRA for 2015. Probably a very poor decision according "Slim the S&P Soothsayer."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2015, Slim King wrote:
. . . a bunch of self proclaimed experts . . . .

Who's proclaimed themselves an expert?

Danny hasn't.

I haven't.

Who here has?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2015, Slim King wrote:
But I was right about this faulty market wasn't I!!!!!

No.

Apart from a general statement that it is risky, which is no revelation at all, you never wrote anything that remotely suggested a 1,600 point drop in the Dow.

Try not to dislocate your shoulder.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Buy shares of Bumble Bee since
slim guy is buying so many
cans of tuna fish.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, AllAboutMagic wrote:
Do you realize that the DJIA only represents 30 companies?

Interestingly, even though the Dow comprises only 30 companies (compared to ~500 in the S&P 500), and is a price-weighted index (whereas the S&P 500 is a market-cap-weighted index), the correlation of returns between the two is over +0.95, as is the correlation of prices.

In short, the performance of those 30 companies very closely tracks the performance of the ~500 largest, publicly traded companies in the US.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What will happen today? Can you stop the bleeding .. Down over 1600 points ... I hope you can!!!!!
The lady on the radio this morning said that the average 401K has lost over $10,000.00..
PLEEZE STOP THE BLEEDING!!!!!! Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Devious wrote:
Buy shares of Bumble Bee since
slim guy is buying so many
cans of tuna fish.

He might be buying Star Kist. Smile
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Slim King wrote:
What will happen today? Can you stop the bleeding .. Down over 1600 points ... I hope you can!!!!!
The lady on the radio this morning said that the average 401K has lost over $10,000.00..
PLEEZE STOP THE BLEEDING!!!!!! Smile

Are you really this dim?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Just facts danny..... Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You have not answered my question about what has happened in the past 10 years. Facts are not your strong suit I am afraid.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will The U.S. Economy Recover? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL