The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will The U.S. Economy Recover? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3248 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-01-12 00:21, Josh Riel wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 22:48, kregg wrote:
The only thing that will prolong this slow grind is if the American people develop a long term memory.

I agree, we need to develop a, uh, look! something shiny.

Is that a HAMSTER eating a piece of POPCORN? LOL!!!111!!!!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Is that John McCain finishing off Sarah Palin?

Destiny
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Good one Destiny!

Idol should be good, more back room stuff will be shown. My friends sister was on it a few years ago and he told me great stories about the mothers of the kids being monsters and all that stuff.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2009-01-12 01:57, MagicSanta wrote:
Good one Destiny!

Idol should be good, more back room stuff will be shown. My friends sister was on it a few years ago and he told me great stories about the mothers of the kids being monsters and all that stuff.

In my younger years I did a lot of competitive latin and ballroom dancing. You should see the mommies and daddies then. The judges are cheating, the technique is bad, they have no presentation skills bla bla bla. We used to make fun of them. Bunch of idiots.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I bet. Other than the mothers being nuts the one story I remember is at the last night party where loads of 'celebs' were there. My friend is a teacher and great guy, very friendly...he told me the ONLY celeb that gave him the time of day was Henry Winkler (The Fonz).
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Six years later it's funny to look back and see how wrong you guys were!!!!! ROTFLMAO
Millions more have lost their homes, a record $17 trillion in debt, a record 94 million Americans unemployed, a record number of people on Food Stamps (EBT), a record number of illegal aliens, a record expenditure on welfare ... a record number of retirement funds at risk in the stock market, S&P US credit dropped, one is six in poverty.... SIX YEARS later and it's even WORSE!!!!!

And you wonder why I doubt you?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
ANOTHER 6 year old thread??? Slim, this is getting embarrassing for you. Especially since the economy has improved from 6 years ago when we were in an OFFICIAL recession. Thanks for resurrecting this one! ROTFLMAO!! Smile

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The economy SUCKS!!! Over 94 million Americans unemployed and one in six in POVERTY.....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
Who are you ranting about? Who was wrong?

And Slim, why are you complaining? Evidently economy is well enough that folks are hiring Blues Brothers impersonators to the point you can take your family on vacations...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
While improvement might be slower than wanted it has improved.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5023 Posts

Profile of landmark
It's turtles all way down.

But neither major party has a clue how to stop it; indeed it's not even clear they wish to.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2015, imgic wrote:
Who are you ranting about? Who was wrong?

And Slim, why are you complaining? Evidently economy is well enough that folks are hiring Blues Brothers impersonators to the point you can take your family on vacations...

I paid for my extravagant vacation by selling a magic effect to a world class performer.The Blues Brothers just pays the bills.
If the economy was back to normal I wouldn't have to sell my secrets at all.
After taking $800 billion dollars for the Stimulus Package and all of those Shovel Ready Jobs it's got to be the biggest failure I've ever heard of. That's over $4,000.00 per tax payer...... Did you get your moneys worth?

BTW ... I may have to sell another secret to pay for my next vacation... Such a sad situation. Smile
The Hermit
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
I don't see a problem. I am currently emailing with a Nigerian prince and apparently there is millions available if I loan him a few hundred bucks. I'll be on easy street soon.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2015, Slim King wrote:
The economy SUCKS!!! Over 94 million Americans unemployed and one in six in POVERTY.....

If it sucks now, what was it 6 and a half years ago when the unemployment rate was 8%, the Dow Jones, was at around 8000, and we were losing hundreds of thousands of jobs per month?

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/unemployment/us/

This shows that this administration created 7.7 million jobs compared to 1.28 million for the last administration:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_creat......al_terms

Granted, there is still a huge wage gap, earnings could be higher, and the poverty rate has not changed much (although there has been a slight decrease), the economy has demonstrably improved.

And that "94 million unemployed" is a BIG FAT LIE!!! The correct number is 8.266 million, as in my first link. Even plain old common sense would tell you that in a country of 325 million people, after you disregard the elderly/retired, disabled, and those in school/college, the workforce is only about 157 million (from the Bureau of Labor Statistics). So 94 million unemployed would make the unemployment rate a staggering 60%, which is laughably ridiculous and just plain WRONG!!! ROTFLMAO!!! Smile Smile Smile

And, oh yeah, if you have to SELL stuff in order to take vacations, you probably should get your priorities straight, take personal responsibility, and NOT go on vacations until you can afford to, right? Vacations are a luxury, not a right. LOL!!!

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5483 Posts

Profile of RNK
Record- 90 millions Americans not in labor force: http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/record-90-mil......r-force/
You obviously are not taking into account the people who just quit looking for a job because there are none!

Slight decrease in poverty? ROTFLMAO! That's why Gov't assistance of number Americans have increased by millions under Obama.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Good god, look at the google experts.

Don't know how to break it to you boys, but there's more to economics than searching up your favorite partisan blog and spouting inflated opinions with exclamation points while pretending to roll on the floor laughing at the other guy who does exactly what you do.

Meaningful political discourse is in its death-throes.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am as biased as anyone. But let's forget Google for a second. Things have indeed improved. Why is that a bad thing to some?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2015, RNK wrote:
Record- 90 millions Americans not in labor force: http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/record-90-mil......r-force/
You obviously are not taking into account the people who just quit looking for a job because there are none!

Slight decrease in poverty? ROTFLMAO! That's why Gov't assistance of number Americans have increased by millions under Obama.

Or it could just mean the requirements for getting assistance have been reduced, helping a larger number of people.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
I am as biased as anyone. But let's forget Google for a second. Things have indeed improved. Why is that a bad thing to some?

People believe what they want to believe. Some refuse to believe that the current administration has made mistakes. Others refuse to believe that it has had successes.

And it's easy to find "evidence" to back you up either way.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
John of course that is the truth. It is EASY to allow perception bias to cloud judgement and then to just ignore evidence of anything that does not CONFIRM that point of view.

I just fail to see how endless bashing or cheerleading helps anyone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will The U.S. Economy Recover? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL