The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will The U.S. Economy Recover? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You've all been reduced to ad hominem attacks since there are over 94 million Americans out of work. One in six is in poverty and almost 50 million on food stamps EBT!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Okay--here goes.

Is the economy better or worse?
Dunno--just know I'm gainfully employed with a firm that's doing well.

Is Slim a troll and a horse's tuchus?
Yes. Proof: read his posts.

Next?
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
93 million workers left the work force and have not returned. My brother has been looking for a job in his field for a while now. No success. Another friend had to relocate and take a lower paying job. He is in the health industry. Though, the economy is improving for some- those on gov't assistance and food stamps.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
If only your brother were allowed to volunteer to work for less than minimum wage.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, RNK wrote:
93 million workers left the work force and have not returned. My brother has been looking for a job in his field for a while now. No success. Another friend had to relocate and take a lower paying job. He is in the health industry. Though, the economy is improving for some- those on gov't assistance and food stamps.

RNK

Conveniently overlooking the fact that thousands of post WWII baby boomers, a much larger generation than the one that followed, are retiring every day. Also, the 93 million figure is ridiculous because those that cite it include students and children as well as those who've actually left the job force.

Discussions like this go nowhere when people just spout party line nonsense rather than facts.

Unemployment is LESS than it was eight years ago, and, overall, the economy is in far better shape than it was at the end of 2008. Those are facts.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hey if children are not willing to work why have them? Remember back in the 1800s?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Hey if children are not willing to work why have them? Remember back in the 1800s?

Not only children, but canaries too struggle to find traditional employment in coal mines now.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Stock market ... Sorry to see those 401 K's you were all confident in taking a huge hit this week ...
The economy sucks ..... it hasn't improved.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Stock market ... Sorry to see those 401 K's you were all confident in taking a huge hit this week ...
The economy sucks ..... it hasn't improved.

My 401(k) didn't take a huge hit this week.

Maybe you just chose lousy investments.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Now there are more poor people than ever .. more on welfare, more on food stamps (EBT) and more in poverty... markets are failing ... China lost 30% and is continuing to fall..... The investors say .. INVEST, as it all falls down ..ROTFLMAO
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2015, Slim King wrote:
... markets are failing ...

What markets, exactly?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes Slim the sky is falling. Hope you stocked up on your non perishable food stuffs. The world is ending.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Honestly, I did buy 5 cases of my sons favorite Kraft dinner and a case of my wife's favorite Stag chili. I spent an extra $300 on non-perishable foods last week. I will again this week too. If I'm wrong I'll just have a lot of extra food on hand to give to the shelter. I purchased a huge amount of tuna fish on sale at 38 cents a can a while back. It's about twice that now on sale. Every time I have a tuna sandwich I feel good about a 50% savings. Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Better start stocking up on gold too!!!

And don't forget to stockpile plenty of ammunition!!!!

The end is surely near!

(And Twinkies! Don't forget Twinkies!)
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Gold won't work. Food is the best thing to have (And protection)... You can't feed gold to your kids and no one will sell you food if they are hungry. History teaches the truth.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I dunno. I think I'm with Bob. Gold has remained valuable through all the disasters in recorded history. Assuming you live through it all, of course. Just to be safe, I think you should pack away some gold.

Then again, there was an episode of Twilight Zone where the criminals went into suspended animation for 100 years, and when they re-emerged gold had no value (we had learned how to synthesize the stuff). So there's always the chance of that.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Slim history and what you profess are as different as lightening and the lightening bug.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Mary-Mary, quite contrary...
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What will tomorrow bring? The market just took an 800 point hit...... Will it all come back???? Smile
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Yes, but not tomorrow.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Will The U.S. Economy Recover? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL