The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Color Changing effect by Will Tsai... permitted to share on Café till end of Jan. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Paul Gross' post above states, "These arrived this morning and all pre-orders have been shipped. We have plenty in stock to ship immediately."

If it's download only, then there is an unlimited supply and there's nothing to ship. That's why some of us were confused.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7931 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I agree, it really does not make sense. Even better you can't PM Paul for clarification.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2009-03-20 13:17, Piz wrote:
^^^Just called HP and what they pretty much received was the instructions to the download to begin selling it, so nothing will be getting shipped-out as far as a deck,gimmick,etc, it's a download.

If you have the download your set.

Time to make another gimmick! Smile

Email me Piz if you are having a hard time to make the colour changing gimmick, I have made a few and can walk you through it

Paul
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2009-03-21 00:01, Irishghost wrote:
Quote:
^^^Just called HP and what they pretty much received was the instructions to the download to begin selling it, so nothing will be getting shipped-out as far as a deck,gimmick,etc, it's a download.

Email me Piz if you are having a hard time to make the colour changing gimmick, I have made a few and can walk you through it

Paul

Yes, we saw that post. But Paul Gross' post contained seemingly contradictory information, which is what had some of us wondering if perhaps circumstances had changed.
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Yeah I'm sure everyone is confused because everyone is talking about they made it..(you also have to think they got first run orders outside of hocus pocus)
so they could now sell it with hocus pocus with gimmicks or dvd or something..
I'm just wondering if its download or instructions mailed.

Bernardo Rodriguez
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hey all friends, thought I should jump out and explain what's happening. We are currently running a new system called E-struction, a combination of both video and written instruction online. The system basically runs like selling DVDs, but what you will receive in the pack contains no physical DVD, just Login information along with customized password. Each set's login information is unique and associate directly with the purchaser's information. Since we only do retail to our private customers, this is just a new system that we are running to control the number of copies flowing on the market, and protect the rights of people who invest in such product.

Hope this answers some of your question.

Best,
Will
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Given that it is electronic medium, wouldn't it make sense to e-mail the login and password information? That way, the customer could access it immediately rather than having to wait for a hard copy to be mailed to them.
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2009-03-21 15:37, magicbob116 wrote:
Given that it is electronic medium, wouldn't it make sense to e-mail the login and password information?

And get it immediately without shipping charges? That's crazy talk!
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2009-03-21 16:14, DougNicols wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-21 15:37, magicbob116 wrote:
Given that it is electronic medium, wouldn't it make sense to e-mail the login and password information?

And get it immediately without shipping charges? That's crazy talk!

Thanks. I needed a good laugh tonight!
B. Robert Pulver

Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
I agree Bob. Why not just e-mail the info? I was thinking about getting this, And I probably still will. But the whole "We will SHIP you login info" thing is a little hard to swallow.

What gives?
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mine arrived. You get access to a website that has detailed instruction on construction and also video clips.

I also got David Forrest's "Colour Burn" DVD with the same order just to see if they would be cool to combine. The fast change of WTF or the slow change of Colour Burn. Should be fun to play with.

I'm really happy with this. At first I thought they should supply everything and charge $75 or so. But, this is better because you can make up your own, customize, etc.

The deck would be easy to make. I think I'd go to Jeremy at Underground Gaffs for the special effect of the instant change as I'd want that to be perfect.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1347 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-03-21 00:01, Irishghost wrote:
Quote:

Paul

Thanks Jeremy! Smile

I actually ordered an effect that uses the identical something used to make this happen, comes pre-made! Smile

I will def take-up your offer when the time comes!

Thanks again, talk soon! Smile

Paul
Knarild
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Knarild
Received this today, and I have some work to do...

The main principle is not new, see Glenn Gravatt "Final Selection", trick called Transposing cards. But the combination and use of principles are nice.

The cost of sending this to me (Norway) with priority mail was $15. I was kind of surprized when I opened the big envelope and the only thing inside was a usename and a password!

And the video clips cannot be downloaded. Only streaming. So this is not for your library.

A lot of money for an old idea, in a new wrapping. But a nice wrapping.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
As an owner of Glenn's Final Selection, without going into method, there are significant differences in WTF that allow what you see from the demo to happen which cannot be done with Glenn's Transposing Cards. I was surprised how much thoughts went into this effect to accomplish what it does. At the price of $30 nowadays, it's a bargain to me! Smile

Aaron
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
For the effect and the thought that has gone into this, I think they gave great value for the price.

Jakal
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jakal
Quote:
The cost of sending this to me (Norway) with priority mail was $15. I was kind of surprized when I opened the big envelope and the only thing inside was a usename and a password!

I take question in service of hocus pocus. Recently~
They do sale all almost 1 year and for 365 days.
But, the retail price is appropriated high. Compare with other magic shop~
There are a lot of items that do not become sale
Delivery fare is expensive.
Specially foreign countries delivery~
I bought items before several days. 1 Buy,2nd Item Get 50% OFF Sale Event!
But, was calculated by credit card.
By price that discount is not applied.
They did not send last invoice.
Sent invoice request mail,but did not answer either.
But, advertisement mail sent.
Why do not they improve site?
Maybe To play thief service.
Are you foreigner? Go Penguin Magic~
Jakal
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jakal
Now, must realize net about discount event.

Loops 2DVD

Penguin : $46.50 - $4.65(10% OFF) = $41.85 + $11.95(Foreign) = $53.8
Hocus Pocus : $49.95 - $14.958(30% OFF) = $34.992 + $23(Maybe) = $57.992

US?
Penguin : $41.85 + Free Shpping = $41.85
Hocus Pocus : $34.992 + $6 (Minimum) = $40.992 More(Never Minimum)
Knarild
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Knarild
Still, I feel that Hocus Pocus is not my friend. They don't care about my costs when they send this little paper slip in a big envelope for $15. I does not affect their income, I join the other members who have asked why not just e-mail, or a small letter envelope. But never mind. This has nothing to do with the product.

I am not so entusiastic about the product as others here. I bought it because it was stated that it was not a force. Then I could not figure it out. How could it be possible to change the whole deck into any selected card? Not possible, or ? I just had to check it out. What a deck to use in walk-around situations! But I was cheated once again.

But of cource, the spectators may get the impression that the deck is changed into whatever card they selected. But this effect I can create with my current knowledge and several forcing decks, for example Svengali.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-03-28 05:39, Knarild wrote:

...But this effect I can create with my current knowledge and several forcing decks, for example Svengali...

I love Svengali's, but that deck can't create the color change that WTF accomplishes.

AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
By stating no force, there was no specific card needed to be shifted or controlled. Any card being touched and selected by the spectator is shown. There's no force operational-wise. Before I purchased, I emailed Will and that's what he answered me. He was very open to this. And to me, it is a fair statement.

I am a Svengali lover myself, but WTF does much more to me. I've made the deck and had so much fun in the past week! What's in the demo is exactly what I got from the purchase. I think it is an honest advertisement considering the video demo shows the entire performance with no editing. What you would receive from the order (electronic access info) is also openly stated from Hocus-Pocus. If thatˇ¦s how they are marketing the effect and you make the decision to purchase, thereˇ¦s really no point to complain. No offence to anyone, just my personal thoughts. I am not associate with Hocus-Pocus but being their long-time customer. And Iˇ¦ve always received great service from them. Thought it would be unfair to them considering everything is openly stated from their website.

Aaron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Color Changing effect by Will Tsai... permitted to share on Café till end of Jan. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL