The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Color Changing effect by Will Tsai... permitted to share on Café till end of Jan. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
manreb
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of manreb
Fantastic!!
manreb
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of manreb
Fantastic!!
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
866 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Very nice Will!

If this was a 'gaffed deck' that did everything for you then you have yourself an amazing deck. If you need to use sleight of hand, then it is still a great illusion. Can't...quite...get...my...head...round...it!

Thanks for sharing it,

Ben
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
Willie: Please release this!!! This is right up my alley!

If you wish not to make a ton of these yourself, you can always release a DVD version explaining the process involved so those who purchase this can make there own. Many effects are released in this manner.

You don't have to release it main stream either, just to me! Smile

I like the idea of releasing this only to Café members who are interested, that's a great way to make sure the effect does not go too mainstream, and we will have it all for ourselves Smile

We got the $$$ for ya Willie, balls in your court! Smile
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
My eyes popped out! Someone find them on the floor? Seriously, I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Will,
Here's another vote for you to release this effect! Smile

Respectfully,
JRRocha
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I'm a bit skeptical...one thing I noticed was when his hand passed over the deck, the lighting changed slightly which makes me think one thing...."EDIT!" Go back and watch it again...watch as his hand passes over the blue deck. For a split second, the lighting seems to change...go real dim for a 10th of a second. This to me would indicate a cross fade of some sort that couldn't be synced up perfectly (which is *** near impossilbe to do).

I hope I'm wrong about that b/c if it's legit, then it's one heck of an awesome change.

Just my 2 cents...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3921 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
More inexpensive cameras (such as ones on cameraphones) tend to have tone shifts due to a ho-hum auto white balance system.
deliveryboy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of deliveryboy
Hope it's for real
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
There has to be something.. Nothing is perfect. Like I said, this just seems too good to be true.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 11:34, AlluTallu wrote:
There has to be something.. Nothing is perfect. Like I said, this just seems too good to be true.

..and there is. The way he spread the deck looks like a ro**gh and sm***th application.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Aside from it being mind blowingly incredible, the only thing I didn't like was changing the whole deck to the selected card. I love the idea of the second change, mind you, I have no idea what else you would change it into besides the selected card, lol.

Beautiful change.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 11:55, DVLKCC wrote:
Quote:

..and there is. The way he spread the deck looks like a ro**gh and sm***th application.

I agree, I see no way around this not being R&S, unless he knows an Alien I don't.

Still love this effect, Release it!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 12:02, gdw wrote:
Aside from it being mind blowingly incredible, the only thing I didn't like was changing the whole deck to the selected card. I love the idea of the second change, mind you, I have no idea what else you would change it into besides the selected card, lol.

Beautiful change.

You are (Step back to the 60's) "AWESOME" for reading my mind! Honestly, I would go for just the color changing deck, screw all the same cards, but, never know.

Then again I thought the same about the "Brainwave" deck compared with the "Invisible" deck, and to my surprise, after years of performing with both I'd give the nod to Brainwave.

Some Magi's out there do not realize how gullible most are until witnessed for themselves. It also helps to do some powerful effects before doing Brainwave, def kicks the brain in.

Either way, I am happy, release it and my cash is yours Willie Smile
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
Quote:
Quote:

I think it seems obvious that he's using r/s but there also has to be something more if you can end even seemingly clean (Whitout a deck switch ofcourse)

I'd love to see the routine including the whole ending.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
^ After watching again it is obvious he is using R/S just by how thick the cards are and his handling of-course. I get all but how he switches the color, brilliant!

As I already stated, I have been using Brainwave deck for years and no one has ever asked to see the deck. This also helps by doing some impromptu effects first where you offer them to check the deck, but it's all psychology in the end.

If there is no editing involved here, I will be more then happy, as this is so strong I just might have to do one of my 30 different self levitation's before it.
Must have in my book! RELEASE!!!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 12:16, AlluTallu wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think it seems obvious that he's using r/s but there also has to be something more if you can end even seemingly clean (Whitout a deck switch ofcourse)

I'd love to see the routine including the whole ending.

You should of been more clear then. I assumed you did not know about r/s. My mistake.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1346 Posts

Profile of Piz
WOW, after viewing this 20 more times I seen something to where there is no way in he11 this is edited in any way.

Not trying to bust the creator out, so just pay attention to the cards, you will find it, front and back. Smile

R/S 100% , edited, NOPE!

FREE WILLIE!!!
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
I don't want to try to guess at methods out of respect for the guy that put time into making this.

I am however very curious about exactly what "end clean" means to him. To me it means being able to hand that same deck to the spectator after the effect is completed. (If they ask).

If you can do that, I'll buy this thing right now if he decides to sell it.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
As for the R/S debate, all fishing aside, R/S would only allow him to spread showing all the 8s, NOT show all different like he does before without exposing alternating 8s and random cards.

Think about an invis deck, you spread showing all faces, but you cannot spread showing only backs.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Color Changing effect by Will Tsai... permitted to share on Café till end of Jan. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL