We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Color Changing effect by Will Tsai... permitted to share on Café till end of Jan. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
Knarild
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Knarild
Not refering to this specific product: If you use a one way forcing deck, would you insist that you don't force a card? Well, it is right that the spec can select whatever card she likes, but to tell your magician colleagues that you don't use a force, would be wrong in my opinion.

Of course it is bad costumer service to put the electronic access info into a huge envelope which costs $15 to send! That is to ask you to keep away in the future. But as I said, this has nothing to do with the product.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1234 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Quote:
On 2009-03-21 23:10, Tim Jahn wrote:
I agree Bob. Why not just e-mail the info? I was thinking about getting this, And I probably still will. But the whole "We will SHIP you login info" thing is a little hard to swallow.

What gives?

Agree with Tim.

Also, I would like to save a copy of ALL in my PC and review it with my ipod.
If I paid it them I think I have the rights? isn't it?
coinlover
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of coinlover
Quote:
On 2009-03-28 05:39, Knarild wrote:
Still, I feel that Hocus Pocus is not my friend. They don't care about my costs when they send this little paper slip in a big envelope for $15. I does not affect their income, I join the other members who have asked why not just e-mail, or a small letter envelope. But never mind. This has nothing to do with the product.

I am not so entusiastic about the product as others here. I bought it because it was stated that it was not a force. Then I could not figure it out. How could it be possible to change the whole deck into any selected card? Not possible, or ? I just had to check it out. What a deck to use in walk-around situations! But I was cheated once again.

But of cource, the spectators may get the impression that the deck is changed into whatever card they selected. But this effect I can create with my current knowledge and several forcing decks, for example Svengali.

Knarild,

I agree with you ,Hocus Pocus don't care about customer's cost. They sent me a very small and light weight items in a big fedex box and charge me $75 for shipping. The item's price is only $95 !

I bought from the others dealer they all shown the shipping cost in the cart, Hocus Pocus never show the shipping cost in their cart, they charge whatever they like.....
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
This whole debate raises another issue. Resale. I've already seen someone selling this right here at the Café. I asked if they were selling the physical deck or the password for the online instructions. The posted reply was "I am selling the instructions to construct the deck." That's a little vague especially since the only instructions I'm aware of are the online ones. My point is not to malign this seller but, rather, to ask if a password can be resold. I would think that they might associate an IP address with each password or something to prevent 100 guys from using the same password when it's leaked on the internet. Thoughts?
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
Knarild
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Knarild
Jakal: Interesting info!
Coinlover: $75 for shipping of light weighted item! FedEx is expensive, but this sounds xtremely much.
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
O.K.

I just got my instructions for it and gave everything a look over. I am very impressed with the detailed instructions and I have to hand it to Willie. When he first posted his video long ago, we had all this speculation about possible editing bits and graphic mumbo jumbo but I knew from the very first moment I saw it that it was all Willie and his magic.

This dude is a very clever guy and I will be putting aside some time this weekend to make my deck. I now understand why Willie marketed it this way. As a magic creator myself, I completely understand that for him to make these by hand would make the cost of this miracle far out of the reach of most as it simply wouldn't be worth his time to try and constuct hundreds of them to fill orders from distributors. He would have to hire a crew just to keep up with the orders.

The route he took was logical and in my opinion the only realistic way to go about it. I will make this deck up and definitley use it as it will be one very cool piece of magic and well worth the investment of money and time.

Well done Willie,

Keep them coming!
Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
388 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Can someone straighten me out on this...so the effect is $30 and for that price all I would get in the mail is a user name and password to access an online site. on top of that I have to pay xtra for shipping? then the online video clips cant be downloaded? if all that is true, that turns me off to purchasing this.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2009-04-04 22:38, ggarcia wrote:
Can someone straighten me out on this...so the effect is $30 and for that price all I would get in the mail is a user name and password to access an online site. on top of that I have to pay xtra for shipping? then the online video clips cant be downloaded? if all that is true, that turns me off to purchasing this.

You know what the real B%#ch of it is? With the way Hocus Pocus does things, You don't even know what the shipping charge will be. I read earlier in the thread that someone was charged $15.00 to ship this. 15 bucks? To ship me a username and password? So the effect ends up costing $45.00 plus the cost of the materials you need?

If this is the case I think I'll bow out on this one.

Can someone confirm the shipping cost?
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Yeah same here...
I think they should have sent thr username and password through email instead of through the mail with random charges.

Bernardo Rodriguez
Mike_T
View Profile
New user
Alabama
85 Posts

Profile of Mike_T
Yeah, I gotta agree with others on this one concerning the shipping charges. I watched the video, like the effect, but there is no way I'm paying shipping charges for a user-name/password.
And I totally agree with magicbob. You send the information through email and each IP address is noted and kept track of.
To be charged $15 for a slip of paper packaged in a big envelope is absolutely ridiculous.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
839 Posts

Profile of andykean
Hocus pocus usally are great in my opinion, however this seems an odd way to do business so I will pass.
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
My dear friends, just thought I should jump out and clarify a few things and share some of my thoughts. The WTF effect is a blast of success in multiple countries when it hits the market. Our initial goal, was to design a new form of deliverable media (such as traditional DVD) that helps to illustrate the instruction of producing gaffs that need to be precisely made; while keeping the convenience of video format to allow the 'moves' to be taught easily. The end result is a fully constructed website that has detailed written instruction and online streaming media, which allows the owner to access anywhere as long as there's Internet. And no download needed. We do think it's a great improvement over DVD as Internet can be found just about everywhere now.

The channel that we decided to market such product (and most of our future media products), is though physical delivery. Think of it as if you are buying a traditional DVD, but with a virtual DVD inside. If you purchased a DVD, you gain the access to the content when it arrives. When you purchase a virtual DVD like WTF, you gain the access to the content when it arrives. Furthermore, now you have nothing to carry with you. 2 second access from work place, perhaps school, or in a coffee shop with your cell phone. If you find this product in your local magic dealer in the future, it'll be purchased in the traditional DVD format, but without the DVD. We sell the very same product in multiple countries in the world and have huge success with it. My opinion is, what it counts in a magic effect, is whether the content of such effect is worth its value, regardless how the package looks like.

To me, the time and effort I, as the creator, invested in developing such beautiful effect over the years is worth way more than the retail $30 plus possibly $15 shipping. The owner of WTF effect could tell how much work went into this piece.

It's the magic that counts my friend. Smile Just a thought.

Will
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Sorry Will, But none of this is the point. No one is saying that the effect is not worth $30.00.

The problem comes on two fronts the way I see it. One is for charging people $15.00 to ship a piece of paper. (If you wanted to charge $45.00 for the effect, that's what you should have done). And two, There is no reason why this information can not be sent via e-mail. (Exept of course, To charge $15.00 to ship it).

I appreciate the work that went into this effect and that its your baby. But the shipping thing is just to much. It comes down to fair bussiness practices. Its not right to charge so much to ship paper just to get more money out of a product. And then on top of it, You don't even know your being charged that much until you look at your bank statment.

Myself, I wouldn't pay $15.00 to ship an actual DVD. If I was at checkout on ANY site and the shipping for one DVD came up to even half that I'd be signing off.
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

I do not know who the person who posted here and said that we charged $15.00 to ship a piece of paper is. It should be obvious that there has to be more to the story than that. But because they can post in some fictitous name and not their own I guess I'll never know. I find it strange that if this was done that this person never contacted us at all. Don't you think that if they were so outraged that they would have sent us an email rather than post here? We have a Toll Free phone number, email and fax that are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. So were not that hard to get a hold of if there is a problem.

What is amazing to me is that everyone jumps on the bandwagon without any facts and just assumes that is what was done.

I guess getting the facts and being responsible for what you post here just doesn't matter.

Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Paul, maybe you could tell us why you couldn't e-mail the username and password to the consumer rather than shipping them a piece of paper? That's the issue which you don't address. Could it be to get a few more extra bucks out of us? Also why is it that you don't show shipping charges when you checkout? What's the reason behind that?

I personally want to know what the total cost of the product is before I commit. That's one of the reasons I won't do business with HP. I don't want any suprises.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
So please tell us all now. What ARE the facts? What is the shipping? Why ship it when e-mail would be easier for everyone?
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
Jakal
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jakal
Quote:
On 2009-04-06 22:10, edh wrote:
I personally want to know what the total cost of the product is before I commit. That's one of the reasons I won't do business with HP. I don't want any suprises.

Agree entirely.
Hocus Pocus must upgrade site. Automatic calculation & Order Process
It is not that talk design. At least,must have database.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello edh,

Thank you for your post and I will try to answer your questions.

First of all when we placed our order with the supplier for WTF we were not aware that what we would receive was a download. Therefore we charged our minimun shipping charge of $6.00 each as listed on our website. Had we known at the time that this was the case we would have made other arrangements. This product is now listed as a free shipping product.

If you wish to purchase WTF and get an email with the download information just request at the time of your order and we will be happy to do so and have been doing this for the past two weeks.

Regarding your question about shipping prices. It is almost impossible to post accurate shipping prices any longer. UPS and Fed Ex rates change on almost a weekley basis. This is all determined by size, weight, method of shipping, fuel surcharge and dimensional weight etc.All of these are hidden costs that we have no cotrol over and are dictated by the dufferent shipping companies. Because of our high volume of shipping with these companies we do get a considerable discount which we always try to pass on to our customers.

If you need the total cost with shipping we are always happy to quote these prices by phone Toll Free or email. The shipping and insurance we charge is exactly what we are charged by the various shipping companies we use. We are not doing anything to try to decieve our customers, we do this because we want to offer the best possible shipping rates and prices that are available to us.

The bottom line is Hocus Pocus has been in the magic business for 36 years. Were not perfect and do not pretend to be. But I do care about all of our customers and want to give the best possible service I can.If were wrong I do everything I can to make it right.I hope that this information helps.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2009-04-06 22:39, Paul Gross wrote:
This product is now listed as a free shipping product.

If you wish to purchase WTF and get an email with the download information just request at the time of your order and we will be happy to do so and have been doing this for the past two weeks.

Nice to see a dealer listening to and accommodating the customers. Kudos on that!

I imagine $30 with no shipping charges and quicker access to the videos/instructions via e-mailing of password is starting to sound like a much better deal to a lot of people.

Good luck with your effect, Will. It looks great!
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Thank you Paul.
I just placed my order for WTF and I look forward to looking it over.
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Color Changing effect by Will Tsai... permitted to share on Café till end of Jan. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL