We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Color Changing effect by Will Tsai... permitted to share on Café till end of Jan. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 14:57, Tim Jahn wrote:
I don't want to try to guess at methods out of respect for the guy that put time into making this.

I am however very curious about exactly what "end clean" means to him. To me it means being able to hand that same deck to the spectator after the effect is completed. (If they ask).

If you can do that, I'll buy this thing right now if he decides to sell it.

Tim

Good!! GDW pinpointed the method. Much LOVE!!!
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Holy what the nice effect. As to my understanding of R/S after doing invisible deck for over 15 years, it can't be R/S with the way he handles the deck?! I second GDW, there's no way you can apply R/S and change both front and back separately from ONE DECK. Unless he visually switch from one blue R/S deck to another red R/S right under our eyes...

I am getting my credit card number ready for this guy again.
Maybe I should kill him before he kills my bank account. LOL. Nice work!
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
This is definitely not a standard application of R/S, but I personally am still quite sure this effect uses R/S and I even came up with a theory how it could work.

And if this really ends clean or even "almost" clean, I'm going to buy it as soon as it's released.

To be honest, I'm probably going to buy it anyways Smile

And DVLKCC,

I admit I could have been more clear Smile
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 15:24, AaronishMagic wrote:
Holy what the nice effect. As to my understanding of R/S after doing invisible deck for over 15 years, it can't be R/S with the way he handles the deck?! I second GDW, there's no way you can apply R/S and change both front and back separately from ONE DECK. Unless he visually switch from one blue R/S deck to another red R/S right under our eyes...

I am getting my credit card number ready for this guy again.
Maybe I should kill him before he kills my bank account. LOL. Nice work!

It 100% is R/S, stop bullCrap-in yourself. It shows in his handling of the deck, quite obvious.

The deck-color-change wave is freaky, that is what has me wanting this. The cards are thick-as-he11 when spreading, which concludes the obvious! His method is genius, as I seen what he did, I am surprised no one seen it yet (PM if you do, no exploiting Please)?!

Great effect, RELEASE!!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 16:05, Piz wrote:

.... (PM if you do, no exploiting Please)?!

No exploiting?!?! Isn't that what everyone is doing on this thread going on and on about R/S? Is that what this forum is really supposed to be for? To try and figure out what method is being used for a possible new release?

I would much rather keep any possible method I see to myself and just hope he decides to release it to us. I find it extremely disrespectful to go on and on about the possible method.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Who cares about the method? It's visually appealing, provided there's no editing on the video.

Steve
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^My feelings/Thoughts exactly
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 16:20, rockwall wrote:
Quote:

No exploiting?!?! Isn't that what everyone is doing on this thread going on and on about R/S? Is that what this forum is really supposed to be for? To try and figure out what method is being used for a possible new release?

I would much rather keep any possible method I see to myself and just hope he decides to release it to us. I find it extremely disrespectful to go on and on about the possible method.

No, on Latest and Greatest it is acceptable to talk about "possible" methods. Once it is released it is then not. It is okay because no one is exposing the method, just having fun and guessing what it could be. Relax.

On a side note, some of you will buy just about anything. You know nothing about the trick and how gaffed it is but yet you already slapped your wallet down next to your keyboard. lol..

I have some stuff to sell you, send me a private message! (it is priced to be exclusive!) Smile

Doug
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4058 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
... and this is why we get a lot of junk releases but the real worker material are kept so hush hush.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I think if you want to discuss methods, go to Secret Sessions.

Steve
Mind Melter
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
179 Posts

Profile of Mind Melter
Beautiful effect.

Let's assume that you did want to release it... how much would it be, Willie?
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
746 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
I know how it's done.
Magic;)

I'm interested in this as I love that color change.
So how much and what does ending clean really mean with this?

magicmike30
Magician, Mentalist, Entertainer.

www.mikebelieve.com
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 14:57, Tim Jahn wrote:
I don't want to try to guess at methods out of respect for the guy that put time into making this.

I am however very curious about exactly what "end clean" means to him. To me it means being able to hand that same deck to the spectator after the effect is completed. (If they ask).

If you can do that, I'll buy this thing right now if he decides to sell it.

Tim

I have a love/hate relationship with your posts! I love how you bust-out what you feel is obvious and wrong with an effect, but I also feel you are irratioal at times.

It is common-sence that this effect does not end as clean as you want it to, as I see it, it ends as clean as any "Invisible Deck or Brainwwave". This is enough for me to purchase it.

I feel it ist time for the creator to come-on these boards and confess what is reality. We love you effectt, balls in your court!

Pauly
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 19:12, magicmike30 wrote:
I know how it's done.
Magic;)

I'm interested in this as I love that color change.
So how much and what does ending clean really mean with this?

magicmike30

Same here, just looking for a Tag!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Agreed with above posters, it is a stunning looking effect, and this isn't the place to discuss methods. The only thing I will disagree with, is that people say you can't 'accomplish' what was shown with a modified R/S deck. That is not me saying it does or does not use R/S principle, but just saying that you can have an application to allow you to do what Will does, as I have seen a deck that does this and handled it
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
hikeeba
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of hikeeba
From Harry Anderson's "Jumbo Marked" instructions: "(come to think of it, when does one ever fan the cards from the TOP end?)"
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 16:20, rockwall wrote:
Quote:

NO, you need to re-think what you are asking. What I said was no exploiting, meaning if you seen what I did there is no need to mention it, as you failed to do so by mentioning a quote of mind you failed to mention, so there! Smile
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
This looks really good! I think I have it figured out, like I think I know the change and that is is r/s. The only thing that fools me is how easy he can go from one side to the other with just spreading?!!
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:

I find it extremely disrespectful as well. Good luck with your magic if all you do is gossip about how tricks might be done! Karma is a *****.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 16:28, Stevethomas wrote:
Who cares about the method? It's visually appealing, provided there's no editing on the video.

Steve

I think There is editing done, the backs change looks like a camera edit, this cannot be done any other way I think..that why I suspect it won't be released.
Nice idea though!

RWhit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Color Changing effect by Will Tsai... permitted to share on Café till end of Jan. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL