The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need a good opening for family show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bigdaddymagic
View Profile
New user
Hazelridge, MB, Canada
29 Posts

Profile of bigdaddymagic
I do that one all ready and I use a jumbo card case, but never thought to open with it.
I don't know much about the snowstorm. isn't it costly $$$.
but sounds really good thank euro
Thanks'

Donny
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
I AGREE WITH THE COMEDY, DELIBERATE AND FLASHY MAGIC. I DO MY OPENING TO MUSIC PRODUCING DOVES WITH APPEARANCES, TRANSPOSITIONS, AND COMEDY. THIS SETS THE STAGE FOR "YES" THIS IS A MAGIC SHOW AND MANY MORE AMAZING THINGS ARE YET TO COME.
euroillusion
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of euroillusion
How about an egg bag routine? But precede it by pulling out an 8ft pole from it first. I used to also pull out a nest of clocks. I introduced the egg bag as a magic bag...... because it could hold a lot of things. The last item to be produced was the egg. The egg bag routined followed with the ending of a bottle produced from the bag. Dan Tong also has a glass of wine production from the bag.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1603 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2009-01-09 21:53, bigdaddymagic wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody had any good idea's for a opening for a family show. this is a bigger show then I'm use too. What I used in the past for little show's and b-day parties was David Ginn's shoelace trick. there will 150 to 200 people at this one so, I think that people might not see what I'm doing on stage.

my friend said that blendo to music would be a good opener. my show is in April so if I have to practice I will have some time yet to do so,
thanks' Everyone

Hey Donny,

If you are referring to the color changing shoe lace, I too used to do this on stage and was baffled at the lack of response it gave me. A friend pointed out that the laces were just too small.

So now what I do is walk up and (music or speaking) display a red handkerchief, begin stuffing it into my fist and it starts to turn white. Goes in red....comes out white....goes in red.....you get the idea. After I am done, my fist is still closed like I am hiding something. I then open it to revile a BLUE handkerchief.

PM me if you want my full routine.

Jim
bigdaddymagic
View Profile
New user
Hazelridge, MB, Canada
29 Posts

Profile of bigdaddymagic
Thank's everyone again

I found something to work with now.
that will work just have to pratice now be awhile befor my show.
but I will let you know how it works out.

Bigdaddy Magic
Donny
Thanks'

Donny
bigdaddymagic
View Profile
New user
Hazelridge, MB, Canada
29 Posts

Profile of bigdaddymagic
Hey guys'
just wanted to let you all know that my show went well.
I opened with a Canada flag blendo.
I just want to thank you all agian for your input it was very helpful!
Thanks'

Donny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need a good opening for family show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL