The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Chosen - The Ultimate Any Card Named - I need the Café's help on this one (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Thanks! Yes, probably it was Eddie Feilds trick... that I saw on the TV.

That is why I said in my opening sentence (of my above post):-

Quote:
On 2009-02-11 22:14, Ustaad wrote:

When I was in the States, I had seen a very nice performance on one of the TV channels (about 6 to 7 years ago). The effect was almost similar to Edh's thinking.

This is how I present the effect (with a slight variation to the original TV presentation). . . .

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 22:14, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 19:57, edh wrote:
Here is something else to think about. I don't own chosen so I'm not sure that it could be done with it.

How about spreading the cards on the pool table as above. Using just one ball(their choice of ball) to determine what the random card is that the ball lands on or near. Turn over thier random chosen card. Deal down whatever number pool ball they chose and thier "chosen" card at that location in the deck matches card on the pool table.

Edh - Good thinking!

When I was in the States, I had seen a very nice performance on one of the TV channels (about 6 to 7 years ago). The effect was almost similar to Edh's thinking.

This is how I present the effect (with a slight variation to the original TV presentation). The effect has got me great reactions - each & every time.

1. A pack of cards is handed to the spectator who then shuffles it thoroughly.

2. The spectator then randomly spreads the cards facedown on the pool table.

3. The spectator then selects one ball out of the group of balls and then strikes the balls.

4. Wherever the chosen ball lands ON or NEAREST to a card, that cards is considered to be the randomly selected Chosen Smile CARD. The spectator is asked to first turnover all cards faceup (to show that the cards are all different) and then gathered & removed the cards from the table - leaving only the Chosen card & the ball.

5. The mentalist then brings out a deck of cards from his pocket. The cards are then spread and one & only one card is seen to be reversed (facedown) in the deck. This card is removed and placed on the table next to the Chosen card.

6. The spectator first turns over the card placed by the mentalist & then his Chosen card.

7. Wala, both card MATCH and jaws drop.

You would have noticed that in the entire presentation the spectator is fully involved from the very beginning to the end of the effect. The mentalist comes into play just once; when he removes the second deck of cards from his pocket & places the only reversed card in the deck on the table.

This is a very simple & straightforward presentation - but plays VERY STRONG.

Enjoy! Smile Smile

Smile
P.S. Sorry - back on topic please. Smile

I ordered The Chosen,and I look forward to receiving it.I like principles like this that can be customized for individuality.

Narendra...if you ever make another journey to the USA...please let me know.You are at the top of my list for International Café members I would most like to meet.

I really like the 'Pool' routine you outlined.It is 'Sublime Simplicity' at it's best.I may give it a test run this Friday at the local pub. Smile

Happy trails.
Rich
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Rich,

Sure! I too look forward meeting you. I'll certainly let you know when I am in the US. Incidentally, I live 6 months in India & 6 months in the States (AZ - from July to Dec). It’s a small world! Smile Smile

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I am amazed the way professional magicians think. From the current ongoing threads I would like to mention three effects/ props that have really caught my attention: -

(a) The Chosen by Tony Chris - Great presentation idea(s) on an old classic.

(b) Capture by Justin Miller - The only CIB where the Cap is made to penetrate the bottle while it is held in the spectator’s hand.

(c) Coinvexed-2 by David Penn - Please see my latest post on the Coinvexed-2 thread.

I consider them (ofcourse besides others Smile) to be Great Minds in Magic.

Just my personal opinion. Smile

Smile
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
I have used an id to accomplish the effect with the dice (received good reactions). However, as Tony stated (since I do not know yet), the chosen deck allows for a more free handling; I didn't know we can allow the spectators to handle the deck, that's crazy! Plus the concept of putting any design on the back is a nice touch, I think it will work out really nice with the pool trick I described.
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Thanks to Ustaad, Rich and everyone else for sharing their wonderful presentations and ideas. It is very cool to see this sharing amongst fellow practitionares of our art on the Café forum.

I cant wait to hear from others who will certainly adapt the Chosen to fit their presentations and offerings.

It is like a blank canvass just waiting to be filled up with your art work of magic one brush stroke at a time.

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
As a ELCA Pastor, the implications of the cross marked on the back of the card, being "chosen" or marked in Baptism, has some great presentational ideas.

Will have to think about this when I receive it.

RevJohn
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Cool John,

I bet you will have a whole lotta neat presentations revolving around the the cross. Brother you could definitley even incorporate some very interesting gospel magic here too.

Well done,
Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Tony, could you comment as to whether my suggestion above could be done with the Chosen deck?

thanks
Magic is a vanishing art.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
When did these ship for those who pre-ordered?

Thanks.

John
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hi Rev, John and EDH.

I shipped the first orders out on Monday, then again yesterday, and again tommorrow and then next Monday again.

Then the effect should be in retail stores within a week and the regular price of around $35.00 and up will kick in but I will keep all shipping globally at the flat fee of $5.00.

EDH, Very clever routine! I think if I read and understood your variation correctly, then yes indeed it will work with I believe either of the two methods that I teach on my DVD.

Toodles for now,

caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Mine has already arrived here in the UK!!
Will get back with review.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
As did mine. Imagine my surprise. I pre-ordered something and it showed up. No delays, no excuses.
I'm very impressed with Tony Chris. I wish others would follow his example. I won't be able to watch the DVD until this evening - curses - but I have no doubt that it will be great.
bhayankaran
View Profile
Regular user
India
146 Posts

Profile of bhayankaran
Caigy....
any reviews??????????????????
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Mine too has arrived in the UK. Unbelievable. I have just returned from a Gig and the package was waiting for me. Thanks Tony, will report back soon.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 15:00, bhayankaran wrote:
Caigy....
any reviews??????????????????

I won't get round to watching until later this evening.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Here is a link to the start of the reviews.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&0
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I'm sure mine is being held up at the border by Homeland Security... you know how suspicious they are of all those extremist Canadians Smile

Regards, Steve
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Mine came in today as well! Job well done Tony. I will definately be making a deck up very soon.
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
Mine came in as well. A lot sooner than I expected I might add. I'm just waiting for things to settle down around the house so I can watch it undisturbed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Chosen - The Ultimate Any Card Named - I need the Café's help on this one (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL