The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Boykin's Crimp Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Profile of narcoleptic_insomniac
Once I saw Marion Boykin's Crimp Change I put everything else on hold. It wasn't trivial (for me) to learn, but when properly executed it really does look like true magic... especially since it is pure sleight of hand.

I never purchased the trick, but I assume that my handling is very similar, if not the same, as Boykin's (his hands, of course, are a lot smoother than mine ^_^ ). In any case, after three days straight of practice, here is my presentation of the Crimp Change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUiq2k5Q4XM

Comments and constructive criticism are welcome. ^_^

Thanks,
Kyle
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Very nice, but please buy off MB. He is such a good guy and offers extra help without question. BTW what is the piano music?
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Mwmagic,

Oh, I have no doubt that's true -- I've heard nothing but great things about MB. Knowing me, I probably will end up purchasing something else in the future.

Thanks,
Kyle

P.S. The music is an Etude (Op.33, No.5) by Rachmaninov... my webcam doesn't do sound ^_^
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Ok Kyle, tnx and good luck
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
The Crimp change looks good for me
the Blow Change, needs more work.
keep practicing Smile
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8728 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi Kyle,

I thank you for the kind words about my Crimp Change, glad you're enjoying it. Smile It is a tremendous move when done well as you say. Your try at it is admirable but keep working with it as it get's smoother & smoother until the coin just changes off a soft wave.

As to the Blow Change (which the Mick-Man absolutely loves Smile), well you want the coin to visually "morph" from one coin to another. That said, there's a lot to learn from my downloads, quite a few nuances that makes the effect quite a bit more precision and magical. Smile

Again, I appreciate your take on it, keep up the good work and when that coin just changes effortlessly as you see me do it, then you got it. Smile Oh and welcome to the Café. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot to me ^_^ I definitely know what you mean with the nuances... I am lacking a few things and the devil is always in the details. Nevertheless, I'll certainly keep working on it ^_^

Thanks Again,
Kyle
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Looks nice, but that's not the Crimp Change. It would be worth the small investment to get MB's original.
Wes
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
Kyle
Nice work, still needs smoothing out I do agree with Wes its not quite the crimp change. It would be well worth your time and money to get that download from Vinny's site.
Keep up the hard work
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

I couldn't hold out any longer, so I made the purchase ^_^ I must say, MB does a great job explaining the routine and it's origin; definitely worth the investment. It's quite clear now that, as someone pointed out to me, I was indeed "working too hard" in my interpretation of the change... but now I know two different handlings of the same effect ^_^

Thanks Again,
Kyle
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Kyle - Glad you made the purchase and some friends in the process.
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-11 05:18, mwmagic wrote:

Actually, I was going to say something about that in the previous post... I'm really amazed at the sense of community and family between virtually everyone on this forum, it's really great ^_^
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
Or you could buy the Amateur Magician's Handbook which includes the DeManche Change plus many more sleights and tricks.
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 05:28, narcoleptic_insomniac wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 05:18, mwmagic wrote:

Actually, I was going to say something about that in the previous post... I'm really amazed at the sense of community and family between virtually everyone on this forum, it's really great ^_^

that`s the idea Smile
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
The Crimp Routine has taken my coin work to a new level. If you are looking for good coin routines, and want to get the best bang for your but look no futher. T

This is it.

You will get more out of MB's downloads, then most DVD at $50.00, and their is a GREAT selection all of which are priceless.

Rick
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Welcome to the Crimp Change Club Kyle!

:cheers:
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 01:21, narcoleptic_insomniac wrote:
I couldn't hold out any longer, so I made the purchase ^_^ I must say, MB does a great job explaining the routine and it's origin; definitely worth the investment. It's quite clear now that, as someone pointed out to me, I was indeed "working too hard" in my interpretation of the change... but now I know two different handlings of the same effect ^_^

Thanks Again,
Kyle
Hehe. I feel accomplished Smile
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
Crimp-in ante easy
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Marion's work is in your face , up close and very personal I love it
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2009-01-13 22:26, feher wrote:
Crimp-in ante easy

LOL nice! I wish I had thought of that one...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Boykin's Crimp Change (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL