The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula/Taranchula Spider Pen Pro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Hey there,
Let's see if I can answer some of these questions, without giving too much away of course or stepping on toes. I don't think there is any ad copy released yet. Yegal did a pre-release at the IBM/SAM convention this last year so I know he has shown it to several people already.
The Tarantula is similar to the working of the spider pen. So if you know what the spider pen does then you can figure this one out.
The Tarantula is designed not to tangle, and is easy to fix or replace the (I.T.) I don’t usually use this kind of gimmick so when playing with it I broke the I.T a couple times. I was able to fix it real quick and easy. There are replaceable parts and they are all easy to get to.
There is no need to have a pen sticking out of your pocket.
The gimmick is virtually invisible.
From what I was told at the IBM/SAM convention these sold out real fast. I am sure it will do the same at Blackpool, I will try and get Blackpool updates for you.
As soon as I get official ad copy I will post it.

I am pretty sure that if you use items such as the Spider pen or ITR then you will love the tarantula.
Hope this helps?
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2279 Posts

Profile of Logan
Thanks for the info David!

I don't normally do thread work, but your post really made me think twice about getting the Tarantula.

Thanks!

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Logan be aware - thread work is addicting Smile

Thanks David and I hope this will be better in construction materials. Spider very very fragile...

Cheers
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
You are welcome. Coming from my perspective I see a lot less potential issues then the spider pen. Now, I am waiting to see the spider pen 2. I hear it is super fantastic as well. The on staff magicians here have drooled all over the sample I have been playing with. And it is still working great.
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Add copy teaser:
Check this out: You’re in a normal setting – maybe a coffee shop, a classroom, even a party. You borrow a friend’s ring and hold it very fairly – nothing to hide. Suddenly, you give it a gentle horizontal spin and slowly move your hands away – the ring is now floating. Imagine that it continues to spin – without you touching it! The ring hovers up and down above your hand, from one hand to another, and slowly lands on your own finger! Now get this: You instantly repeat it, and end up with the ring floating onto the spectator’s own finger! Sounds impossible? Believe it or not, it’s easy to master! This levitation has it all. It’s fun, mysterious, edgy, and leaves a strong emotional impact.

The Tarantula is a unique gimmick that has shattered the conventional wisdom of what reels look like and accomplish. This stealth utility allows you to easily master levitation and animation for any situation. You can fearlessly perform completely surrounded with the Tarantula, and the preparation only takes a second. Literally, you have the power at your fingertips, and can show your hands empty at any time. The Tarantula allows you to perform countless effects that have never been seen or done before. The Tarantula comes with an explanation DVD, and everything you need to get started right away.

Every detail of the Tarantula Motorized Reel will be taught step-by-step.
You will learn new, incredible effects, including:

• Hovering
• New Haunted Pack
• Magnetic Money
• Magic Pen
• Floating Dollar Bill

“The Tarantula is magically genius. I highly recommend it.”
-Cyril

“This is the best levitation I have ever seen”
-Whit “Pop” Haydn
(6 time Magic Castle Winner of the year)

See live performances of the Tarantula in action.

Subtleties that will teach you how to perform with the Tarantula FLAWLESSLY!

You will receive in-depth detail on exactly how your Tarantula works and how it can work for you.

By seeing first-hand exactly how Yigal Mesika works with the amazing Tarantula, you will feel as though you are receiving a live, personal lesson.

• Easy to master
• Unlike any other reel
• Versatile
• Perform sleeveless
• No assistants
• Perform completely surrounded !!!
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
New video demo, for the ad copy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiM8dYqdoB0
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
David,

Can you address the concern that I had about the demo, in regards to the "borrowed" ring looking the same?

Thanks,
Bryan
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
I think it's pretty clear that that ring is not borrowed, considering it's 3-4 sizes above the ladies finger in all cases, plus it's the same ring in a variety of street and studio performances. It hangs off the asian lady's finger like a necklace.

I'm assuming you COULD do it with a borrowed ring, but you'd need to be more precise.
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Oh ya, sorry Bryan. I think Doug has the right idea. You can borrow the ring but if it is a ring with a big rock on it (lady’s ring) then I don't think it will spin very well. I would think that a solid band would be best for this. You can have it spin on your finger or a spectator's finger. If you borrow the ring then there will be a little "hook up" involved while you misdirect them. shouldn't be a big deal. Also if you borrow a ring from the spectator it would usually be a nice tight fit so maybe spin it onto their little finger so it would go on without any problems.
Hope this helps!
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
HP just listed it:

"Available March 1, regular retail price is $74.95"

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?product=11287
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Thanks Doug,

Here's our offer for Hocus Pocus customers.

It's with great excitement that we announce Yigal Mesika's newest and most anticipated release, Tarantula! Available in 2 weeks, you can pre-order yours today at a discounted price below and get a package of Yigal Mesika's Invisible Loops, a $10.00 value absolutely FREE!

Regular Price $74.95...Your Price $69.95 + FREE PACK OF LOOPS!

THIS OFFER IS EXPIRES MONDAY FEBRUARY 23 AT MIDNIGHT.

For more information, and to view the online video demo, click here:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?product=11287

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
calbrit01
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of calbrit01
I had the privilege of seeing Yigal do a number of routines including the spinning ring, in Venice Beach, LA a few weeks back - slightly cloudy day, but broad daylight just the same. All the routine's I saw bar the spinning ring were loops/ITR possible, but the spinning ring was truelly astounding, and until now it has been driving me nuts to reproduce - cant wait to spend my $70.00 to put me out of my misery. Be assured, I was no more than 2-3 feet away, and it was truelly a masterpiece of thread work. I do the haunted deck with elastic loops, and that has most people freaking out, so cant wait for the reaction to this one......

P.S. The ring on the demos, is the same ring he used when I saw him, which made me think the ring was gaffed at first, but people were inspecting it.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3381 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I luv the technology involved with this and the possibilities, but when it comes to the ring float I still like the "less is best" philosophy taught in Pure Effect. Seeing a ring move around like that screams IT to me, were as cuffed in the hands for a short exposure is more mysterious and beautiful.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Only cost $74.95.. that actually worry me a bit about the quality (I owned spider pen I and I knew).

Frm the previous adv, it looked like a solid steel pen rather than the toy like plastic spider pen I. I expected it will cost much more (may be $100-200?).

Anyway, I can't resist and already order frm HP. Hopes that it is not disappointed.
vsteve
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of vsteve
Wise owl I couldn't resists either! pre ordered mine at magicwhiz with a free knockout deck. They have a pretty good return customer policy too.
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Me three. Saw the demo, loved the ring routine. I always did spooked haunted deck with the spider pen but mine broke. Smile I hope the Tarantula won't fail me. Looks very promising. My order is in HP. yay! Can't wait for the release. Thanks for releasing this.

-Alex
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Does this compete with the Jon LeClair system? I really like his stuff but had problems with the setup in the @!r.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Based on the old adv copy, the new pen is made in steel, got remote control, pre-set dancing pattterns and the thread can be locked.

If this was still truth, $75 is a bargain. I may buy a few more after I tried it out.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2274 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 18:37, vsteve wrote:
Wise owl I couldn't resists either! pre ordered mine at magicwhiz with a free knockout deck. They have a pretty good return customer policy too.

Congrats on your first post. I do not see where the free deck is mentioned... BUT they offer free shipping.
Pay it forward
hdragonetta
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hdragonetta
After viewing the demo I'm in. Looks really impressive, and I've had fun with loops over the years.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula/Taranchula Spider Pen Pro (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL