We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula/Taranchula Spider Pen Pro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 22:34, wise owl wrote:
Based on the old adv copy, the new pen is made in steel, got remote control, pre-set dancing pattterns and the thread can be locked.

If this was still truth, $75 is a bargain. I may buy a few more after I tried it out.

Are you guys talking about the new Spider Pen or Tarantula???

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I have GOT to get me one of these!!!!!

David, CALL ME!
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Quote:

Best,

Doug L.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Doug

Is Taranchula = the new spider pen pro??
vsteve
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of vsteve
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 23:32, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 18:37, vsteve wrote:
Wise owl I couldn't resists either! pre ordered mine at magicwhiz with a free knockout deck. They have a pretty good return customer policy too.

Congrats on your first post. I do not see where the free deck is mentioned... BUT they offer free shipping.

Thank you! I felt the need to tell everyone I am getting the tarantula. It looks amazing!

Click on the right banner and you will get to their promotions page. Spend $50 and pick any 1 magic trick from the list for free. http://www.MagicWhiz.com/magic-promotions.html. The Knockout deck is the first item on the second row.

I have ordered from them twice before and have not gotten any problems!
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 00:07, wise owl wrote:
Quote:

Best,

Doug L.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Doug

Is Taranchula = the new spider pen pro??

We are talking about the Tarantula, the spider pen pro is around 250 USD, uses the same spider pen refill, the spider pen pro will be available directly from Mesika, just drop him an email to end up on the "list" so you can get yours when the next batch is ready (according to their answer, it should be available in a few weeks)

Now, I am wondering what kind of refills the Tarantula uses (as in the same as the spider pen? some new stuff? and how much will the refills costs? how many do we get with the Tarantula?)
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
The refill for the Tarantula thread is the spider spooler...same as spider pen. The battery is a button cell type, common for watches and other items. Easy to get.
As far as what is coming with it. Not sure yet. We don't have the actual packaging, I would assume one spooler and battery.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3396 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Is there any performance capabilities difference between the Tarantula and the Pro pen or is it just one is plastic and the other is mental with more of an up market look. I'm led to believe the Pro has a remote control unit with it
cheerz
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Well, I don't have the complete details on the spider pen pro but this is what I have heard.
the spider pen pro will be made much better then the first version. It will be programable, you can get some good distance away from the floating object. I think the first video link posted here is showing him using the spider pen pro.
Of course the price is a big difference, MSRP $250.00. The Tarantula will be more for in your hands, on a table and on the floor by your feet.
As soon as we get more info on the pro I will post it for sure.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Ah.. no wonder it is that cheap. I am confused with the two products. USD250 for spider pen made much more sense and looking forward for it. Thanks to clarify fellows.

For Tarantula, its too late, I already bought it... hopes that it is good and worth the money.

I also have J.Kennedy's electronic reel. I do not use it very often because you need to press the button for the retracement and to create tension.... Hopes that Tarantula has more advance features than just a electronic reel??
Martin Duffy
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Martin Duffy
Who is selling Tarantula at Blackpool?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have the Tarantula. I bought it at the IBM-SAM convention.

IT IS NOT THE SPIDER PEN PRO. IT IS NOT A PEN AT ALL. It is a very clever device that spools thread, but allows you to apparently show your hands empty at any time.

If you think it's a pen, then you guys have been fooled better than anyone else.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 20:45, Bill Palmer wrote:
I have the Tarantula. I bought it at the IBM-SAM convention.

IT IS NOT THE SPIDER PEN PRO. IT IS NOT A PEN AT ALL. It is a very clever device that spools thread, but allows you to apparently show your hands empty at any time.

If you think it's a pen, then you guys have been fooled better than anyone else.

Do you own the Spider Pen Pro? Which do you recommend?

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think the Tarantula appeals more to me than the pen. I wonder about the size of it ( smaller than John Kennedy's Stealth retractor?).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 12:32, PRINCE wrote:
The haunted deck on the floor is exactly like spooked. Hope Nick Einhorn is happy with this...

I would say it is really a lot like Esoteric. I know Finn Jon won't mind. Esoteric was out a long time before Nick Einhorn's trick was.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
How messy can this effect get with ITR running around all over the place?
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
OK, I am confused here???

Spider pen Pro the thingy here, or is the Tarantula the watch? Or is it a totally different device? And How much for Tarantula??? $250?? I know my buddy bought a SSP at a convention about 10-12 months ago for $80 bucks from Masika himself, and the thing broke from the ring connecting the pen, he said Masika had to go back to the drawing board. Now, what is what here? is the Tarantula the Watch??? Totally new device???

Thanks! Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 23:36, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:
The haunted deck on the floor is exactly like spooked. Hope Nick Einhorn is happy with this...

I would say it is really a lot like Esoteric. I know Finn Jon won't mind. Esoteric was out a long time before Nick Einhorn's trick was.

Esoteric and Spooked are totally different methods. Spooked uses any deck Esoteric is so gaffed that you have to be careful with it.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1635 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
How about the difficulty (I mean with good practice): is it reliable?
Ben
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 05:00, Xiqual wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 23:36, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:

Esoteric and Spooked are totally different methods. Spooked uses any deck Esoteric is so gaffed that you have to be careful with it.
James

yes, that's right.
I never used esoteric deck.
I think the finn John ideas are beautiful only in his own hands.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
MarianoG
View Profile
Loyal user
SPAIN
261 Posts

Profile of MarianoG
I have seen other tricks that rely heavily on the so called "Fearson" hook. Is this a classic yet or they are friends of him? Is it "legal" or "ethic" to use a technique created by other magician to promote your own product or trick?

I don't ask this to kick Yigal's work, wich I'm sure is a great device for IT. Im asking to understand and because I'm in a similar position with a trick of mine.

If any of the greats can answer this dilemma... I'd be grateful
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula/Taranchula Spider Pen Pro (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL