We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula/Taranchula Spider Pen Pro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..14~15~16 [Next]
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
In the demo where a selected card revealed itself reminds me of an effect by Sanada in his Card Happening.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
OKAY-the clip where the ring is spinning in mid-air and floats down into the spectators fingers? Is that Tarantula or Spider Pen Pro?

The Haunted Deck on the floor? Tarantula or Spider Pen Pro?

I imagine Spider Pen Pro gives you more distance than Tarantula? Why? It looks like both of them are hooked up to the body? Also, only the Spider Pen Pro has programs? So, the Tarantula is a reel with clever hook up? Can I write with Spider Pen Pro? Lastly, when is Spider Pen Pro coming out?

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Doug,

The Tarantula is used for the ring and the haunted pack.

I'd like the know the answers to your other questions as well.

Bryan
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1635 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Me too...
Ben
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 17:19, Doug Lippert wrote:
The Haunted Deck on the floor? Tarantula or Spider Pen Pro?

I thought it's the same at least in concept as Sanada's CH...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Could the tarantula be used for spooked?

-Alex
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
If you use Google and search for "spider pen pro" you get this:
http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbt......r=172873

The spider pen pro ad is here:
http://www.yigalmesika.com/Forum/SpiderPenAd.jpg

Yigal's website is here:
http://www.YigalMesika.Com [which is VERY nice, BTW]

The demo currently floating around is Tarantula, how do I know? Well when you go to Hocus Pocus you can click on the demo in the ad for Tarantula here:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1 and it takes you to Youtube
which has this title:
"TARANTULA by Yigal Mesika - Official Trailer"

All these questions are actually answered in this thread if people will just read it. Several posters already said they have a sample of both Tarantula and Spider pen pro.

Tarantula seems to be a TT with a thread reel inside. I am just guessing though.
Spider pen pro has many features but the best being it uses one AAA battery.

The haunted pack can be done with almost any thread reel or line of IT.

Yigal's method was released in 1999 in "Animated miracles" I know spooked came out about the same time. Esoteric does not even count because of the gaff nature.

James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 17:19, Doug Lippert wrote:
OKAY-the clip where the ring is spinning in mid-air and floats down into the spectators fingers? Is that Tarantula or Spider Pen Pro?


that is the Fearson routine
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
You would know.

Quote:
On 2009-02-21 23:13, Magic Spank wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 17:19, Doug Lippert wrote:
OKAY-the clip where the ring is spinning in mid-air and floats down into the spectators fingers? Is that Tarantula or Spider Pen Pro?


that is the Fearson routine
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 23:10, Xiqual wrote:
All these questions are actually answered in this thread if people will just read it.


No, not really. What 'thread' were you on? Smile

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
SPIDER PEN PRO IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH MESIKA FOR THE TIME BEING! YOU HAVE TO EMAIL HIM TO GET ON THE LIST! IT'S FOR ±250$

TARATULA IS FOR 75$ IT'S WHAT'S BEING DEMOED IN THE VIDEO (THE RING, THE PEN, THE DOLLAR, THE HAUNTED DECK ALL OF THEM ARE DONE WITH THE TARANTULA).
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
sharkman23
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of sharkman23
So, I am looking into getting into some thread/reel stuff so, should I save my money and go with the tarantula, or should I get a regular reel?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3401 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Get a regular reel and invest in some good teaching material like John Leclair's "Who's afraid of invisible thread" DVD or the Michael Ammar set on invisible thread. By then the hysteria of a new product will be over and there will be reviews as to whether its a worker or not.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 05:06, takeachance wrote:
Get a regular reel and invest in some good teaching material like John Leclair's "Who's afraid of invisible thread" DVD or the Michael Ammar set on invisible thread. By then the hysteria of a new product will be over and there will be reviews as to whether its a worker or not.


***, that's good advice. Do you or anyone else know which is a good IET reel? I have a very large spool of Infinity Thread I need to use!

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
There isn't one. It won't work. I bought the Omega reel and it worked great for a week or so. Then the thread broke and became so tightly wrapped around the spool I couldn't get it off or find the end again.

Elastic thread needs Losander's DVD, Art of Levitation 3. Awesome!
You can also tie your own loops and learn from Yigal and Finn Jon's loop DVDs
James

Quote:
On 2009-02-22 05:35, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 05:06, takeachance wrote:
Get a regular reel and invest in some good teaching material like John Leclair's "Who's afraid of invisible thread" DVD or the Michael Ammar set on invisible thread. By then the hysteria of a new product will be over and there will be reviews as to whether its a worker or not.


***, that's good advice. Do you or anyone else know which is a good IET reel? I have a very large spool of Infinity Thread I need to use!

Best,

Doug L.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 23:10, Xiqual wrote:/


Tarantula seems to be a TT with a thread reel inside. I am just guessing though.
James

Just watched the demo and theres no sign of a TT ,doubt it very much if this is the gimmick as its been done before .
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Does it really matter if it was a TT or built in a ring or a watch or whatever?

It does a good job apparently! Gotta start learning how to spin a ring unless there's something else to help when this is released!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'll need concrete reviews on this before I'll take the plunge.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 12:56, pkg wrote:
Does it really matter if it was a TT or built in a ring or a watch or whatever?

It does a good job apparently! Gotta start learning how to spin a ring unless there's something else to help when this is released!

If it was in a TT it would matter to me , I'm pretty sure its not though !
DamastaMind
View Profile
New user
Bavaro Beach, Dominican Republic
60 Posts

Profile of DamastaMind
I Think I will Wait for that review.
review anyone? Please...I don't want to be disappointed again as I was WITH SSP.

chEERS!
The MIND is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

Jeremiah 17:9
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tarantula/Taranchula Spider Pen Pro (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL