The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Name of Stage Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
I saw a Magic Show a couple of days ago where a woman sits in a large square that is covered up with 9 smaller squares each showing a partial outline of a person.

The magician removes each square one by one and that part of the assistant is gone.

Then walks around the box and you can see him from behind. You then see the lady's head coming out of the last uncovered space and none of her body. Finally her head disappears showing she has completely vanished. Magician puts back all 9 squares.

Turns box around and lady comes out in tact!

Wanting to know the name of this stage illusion. Is it custom made or something that anyone can purchase?

Thanks,

Bart
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
-Matt
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
That's IT!!

THANKS!!

ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GET THIS?
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I thought Bill Smith made it, but I cant find it on his website.

Someone else here may know. Contact Jason Bishop, he could tell you who built his.
-Matt
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Willie Kennedy
GERRIT
View Profile
New user
Fulda, Germany
50 Posts

Profile of GERRIT
Here is another thread in the magic Café

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0

Gerrit
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3641 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
So Kennedy is building them also?? I was under the impresseion that Bill Smith was THE one.

Blair
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Kennedy is the only builder that I had heard of for Op-Art.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
You may have to sell your comic book collection to afford this one .. it's not cheap. All aluminum construction, hand crafted by Willy Kennedy. With the performance rights .. your looking at around $10,000.00. I don't remember if that included the case! There are only a few of these out on the market.

This illusion actually fooled me the first time I saw it a few years back. I wrote to Jim and told him how good it made me feel, it's been a while since something fooled me.

It's a good feeling ...

Steve
sly2272
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of sly2272
Case extra.
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
The real op art illusion is Bishop's method.
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
BScott8870-
It must have been Hatfield's show you just saw it in?
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
This is only built by Willie Kennedy... http://www.wkmagic.com.
It does cost the big bucks and was suppose to be the new origami. I'm not a really big fan of this effect. Origami is hands down the better effect even though it has been done to death... Mark and Ginger perform this Illusion the way that Steinmeyer had intended it to be performed, with leaving the box on the unit so that it doesn't put so much pressure on the load space... This is a fact.

The way Bishop does it is an after though. I think that taking the box apart is pretty cool though... I know that Jim prefers the way he designed it.

To each his own..

I hope this helps.
Willie is a great guy and one of the best in the business at doing light weight Illusions that are built out of thin gauge Aluminum sheet metal..

I hope this helps.

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
aboycemagic
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aboycemagic
I love the trick and totaly think its worth 10,000 (which I don't have) very cool illusion
jkmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of jkmagic
Great illusion.Jason Bishop's presentation of the effect is cool, overall it is one of the best illusions Ive seen in a while.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Name of Stage Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL