The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mark Strivings ... helloooo Mark Strivings??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2009-01-15 22:25, Gianni wrote:
This is the oddest human behavior I have encountered in a while.

Six months ago I paid Strivings for an effect that never came, and he then disappeared. Now he surfaces again (within the past 2 days), sends me an email selling his effects, and I send him a return email asking about my purchase from 6 months ago. No response.

Is there something wrong with this fellow?

Gianni

UPDATE

After receiving Mark Strivings' latest email solicitation I sent him an admittedly angry email noting that he surfaces when he is selling his items but otherwise disappears when he shouldn't - like when he accepts money for goods, does not deliver the goods, and then cannot be reached.

Mark Strivings apologized to me, sent me the item I paid for in June 2008, and included a free set of lecture notes.

I thought everyone should know about this conclusion.

Gianni
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Cool... maybe he might come up again in 100 years to reply to me Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2009-01-14 12:00, Dr Spektor wrote:
Gee, and I thought he meant Bob Cassidy.... wowsa MG, that is a sweet code!

The BEST code book used is in the Marx Brothers film, "A Day at The Races".

Check it out, there's a great mentalism routine there, that's just dying to be come out.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Plus the dollar bill with a pull in that film too... heck, its an underground mentalism & magic classic...!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Callisto
View Profile
New user
France
66 Posts

Profile of Callisto
I have ordered (and paid the 28th of january) some products from him.
I have received nothing and we are the 7th of march....

Several mails to MarkyApril@aol.com and no answer.....

What is this guy ????
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Maybe he needs to read this:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=15&8

Connecting with your audience Smile
invisible
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of invisible
Everyone has always had issues with getting a hold of Mark. I have emailed him over the years and he does respond periodically. I don't "get it" either, BUT that is the way it is.
invisible
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of invisible
Everyone has always had issues with getting a hold of Mark. I have emailed him over the years and he does respond periodically. I don't "get it" either, BUT that is the way it is.
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2009-03-06 18:09, invisible wrote:

Not to rub salt in the wound, but there's been CHRONIC problems with Mssrs Cassidy, Jermay, and Strivings over the past half decade, or, as in the case of Cassidy and Strivings, longer.

Of the three, only Cassidy seems to have begun the necessary rehabilition, e.g., assigning his works to a third party for sales; his web page is effectively shut down.

I have wondered, and will always continue to wonder why it is that when people get screwed by "pros" the common sense flys out the window, and monies are still sent, with the expectation that the things ordered will somehow arrive.

One would think that after all the posts here on the Café, concerning Jermay, and Strivings, that some would take the hint and quit feeding the habit.

Frankly, unless either one of those three are standing behind a dealers table, books, gaffs, and purple ribbons on hand, the visa should stay on our wallets, SUC or otherwise.

The emporer's not wearing any new cloths, and that's really a stapled pile of paper with a ribbon wrapped around it.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2009-03-06 16:41, Callisto wrote:
I have ordered (and paid the 28th of january) some products from him.
I have received nothing and we are the 7th of march....

Several mails to MarkyApril@aol.com and no answer.....

What is this guy ????

I posted my experience above. I believe my experience is similar to many others. Now your experience is starting the same way.

I have met Mark Strivings in person on several occasions, and he has always been a very nice, helpful person. But he also fades from the face of the earth for months at a time at all stages of a transaction. It is like a light switch in your house that works much of the time but it regularly shocks you with pain. You would avoid that switch unless in an emergency with no other options. Unfortunately, that is the way you must deal with Mark Strivings.

Gianni
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
[quote]On 2009-03-07 00:03, Gianni wrote:
Quote:

I posted my experience above. I believe my experience is similar to many others. Now your experience is starting the same way.

I have met Mark Strivings in person on several occasions, and he has always been a very nice, helpful person. But he also fades from the face of the earth for months at a time at all stages of a transaction. It is like a light switch in your house that works much of the time but it regularly shocks you with pain. You would avoid that switch unless in an emergency with no other options. Unfortunately, that is the way you must deal with Mark Strivings.

Again, I would ask Why?

To use your analogy, if the electrics in my house gave me as much problem as your example, I'd call out someone to do a re-wiring of the house, and remove the problem entirely.

Using the same faulty switch over and over agian, is just plain foolish.

Once burned, twice shy doesn't seem to apply here for some reason.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
[quote]On 2009-03-07 10:58, mindguy wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 00:03, Gianni wrote:
Quote:

Again, I would ask Why?

Once burned, twice shy doesn't seem to apply here for some reason.

No, the rule does apply. But there could be a time when you might have to deal with Mark Strivings again. That very thing happened to me. I had bought an effect from him and that particular transaction went properly. But some time later I needed a replacement part for the effect. I had no choice but to try to work with him again. That was the meaning of my remarks.

Gianni
TONY L10
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of TONY L10
Yes I once ordered Strivings Sight unseen wallet/case whatever it was called the money was taken from my credit card but the goods never arrived. and neither did any answers to my many emails I sent him luckily I got my money back from the credit card company eventually but I never heard from Strivings. Best not to deal with him at any time, when people stop buying his products he might get the message.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mark Strivings ... helloooo Mark Strivings??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL