The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fred Robinson's Long-Awaited Opus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PapaG
View Profile
Special user
745 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Those in the know will know that Fred Robinson was one of the greatest card magicians who ever lived. Those in the know will also know that his collected works has been one of the most anticipated books in magic, a book whose publication some were fearing might never see light of day. Well Martin Breese has finally sent Peter Duffie's big book on Fred Robinson to the printers and it should be available at the end of the month:

http://www.martinbreese.com/

I for one was gob-smacked to see that it's finally going to be released.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1250 Posts

Profile of splice
My order's been in for a month or so now I think. This is sure to be a wonderful book.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
Finally. I thought this was never going to appear, written years ago and moving from one publisher to another. This should be a highlight of the year for card guys.

Paul.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Mine is on order too and is a belated Christmas pressie! I cant wait. I'm just praying that this is not another over-hyped product. I have a sneaking suspicion that it wont be - I've never seen either Martin Breese's or Peter Duffie's names associated with such!* Whoever gets it first, post here - please!

*The Dave Campbell Legacy was a true gem!
skillzilla
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of skillzilla
Sounds a bit overrated, can't wait to learn hes dealing techniques though.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1250 Posts

Profile of splice
Well, it is true that someone named "skillzilla" is unlikely to have much to learn from someone as lowly as Fred Robinson.

Right? Right.
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
Quote:
On 2009-01-13 06:06, splice wrote:
Well, it is true that someone named "skillzilla" is unlikely to have much to learn from someone as lowly as Fred Robinson.

Right? Right.

Hahaha!!! I just woke up my colleagues by laughing out loud Smile
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Does anyone know when the actual ship date for the book is?
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
I got my copy today! Great book. A lot of informations inside.
Martin told me he has 100 more ready for ship... Smile
Magicguy40
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Magicguy40
Hey Guys,
Martin has also made and Exclusive arrangement with James at Sorcery to make these available in the USA as well...

ITRMagicTricks.com

Hope that helps some of you.

Ken
RamonT
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of RamonT
Quote:
On 2009-01-12 16:06, Paul wrote:
Finally. I thought this was never going to appear, written years ago and moving from one publisher to another. This should be a highlight of the year for card guys.

Paul.

Ditto.

I am getting a copy for sure.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1583 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Got my copy a few days ago. Wonderful book written by Peter Duffie, also a legendary master in Card Magic and occasionally help my Classic / Riffle pass developed.

A must have for serious card magic student.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
MARKC
View Profile
New user
UK
66 Posts

Profile of MARKC
Anybody in the Uk got this yet?
Martin Breese
View Profile
New user
Brighton, England
5 Posts

Profile of Martin Breese
I am so glad to see that there is a big buzz for this book. The reviews in Genii and MAGIC Magazine are sensational and if this is the last thing that I do I will be proud to have created this book together with Peter Duffie and two great illustrators. The book is officially arriving in my warehouse early in February and is coming from the printers by ship. There were so many advance orders that I asked for a quantity to fill those orders to be sent by air courier and the US orders have been sent as have the books for Europe. The advance orders for the UK have been packed and will go out tomorrow and the balance of any outstanding orders will be sent when the balance of the books arrive. So many people contributed and helped with the book and each will receive a free copy and those copies and any orders that may come in will be sent as soon as the books that are being sent by ship have arrived in the UK.

This book is not overhyped or over-advertised and those who have read it have nothing but praise for the brilliant descriptions by Peter Duffie and the illustrations by Roy Johnson and Paul Griffin. I am proud to have my name on this book and proud of my long association with the talented writer and performer Peter Duffie. One person is responsible for this project and that person is David Britland. He suggested 18 years ago that I asked Peter Duffie to do a book on Fred Robinson and I will always be grateful for that suggestion. The books weigh over four lbs or just under two kilos each and packing them and getting them despatched has been a major task. So nearly all advance orders are on their way now or have arrived already with just a few people who will have to wait until the balance of the books arrive. All complimentary copies will be sent off as soon as the bulk of the stock arrives by ship in the UK. Thank you for waiting so long for this book. I think that it has been worth waiting for such material; most of which has never been published before. Thank you for such enthusiasm. Martin Breese
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I was one of the pupils of Fred Robinson (I know of some others like he great British magician Walt Lees) during the whole year of 1976. He would come for two hours to my home twice a week.

At the time there was a great bunch of gifted friends which included Eric Mason, Pat Page, Nick Bolton, Bob Read, Andrew Galloway and the visiting guests who were offering tricks for publication into Pabular.
Great London years.

What Fred had which Martin Breese probably had a hard time to convey is the unique way Fred had to bring his nose down to look at you over his half moon glasses with an interrogative but joy-irradiated smile: a tremendously efficient misdirection!

I really loved him like an older uncle. No bragging, no selling, but if you liked low-key but outstanding magic shaking you loose, no one could beat Fred (and I then worked under Tony Slydini, Fred Kaps and Derek Dingle, all of them great admirers of Fred Robinson).

Having known Fred very well, I can only thank Martin Breese for his publication and vouch that the book's content cannot be anything else than outstanding.

Guess what? I already ordered my issue and I'm looking forward exchanging posts with other members of the café about it.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-01-13 05:30, skillzilla wrote:
Sounds a bit overrated, can't wait to learn hes dealing techniques though.

Skillzilla,

Since I know that you did a lot of practice in card technique, you are well placed to know that heaven like hell lays in the details.
Peter Duffies' book can be received as overrated only by superficial readers, but certainly not by you for it supplies these little details that make the difference and that your posts show that you are craving for.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fred Robinson's Long-Awaited Opus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL