We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Very Nice Spellbound Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jared Cassidy
View Profile
New user
Huntsville, AL
37 Posts

Profile of Jared Cassidy
I have to agree, that was a nice Spellbound and with music that complimented the routine.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
Those are incredible routines...unbelievably smooth...
kboudy
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of kboudy
After a little looking around, it seems that the *incredible* performer in both of those videos is "ポン太 the スミス" which they occasionally list in English as "Ponto the Smith". Hah.

Here's another beauty with him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO23osxSTBw&

Could anyone please point me down the road toward learning that UNBELIEVABLE sleight of hand vanish that he does here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynaLHCaHDMM

Thanks!
Keith
solidimageartsllc
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
176 Posts

Profile of solidimageartsllc
Qureyoon, thanks for posting the original link to that great performer. What an awe inspiring routine! Pure visual poetry. -Dan
Take infinite pain to make something look effortless - Michelangelo
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8882 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yesireee, the guy is quite exceptional to say the least.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1303 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
The vanish looks like the Harada Hold technique....very smooth and well executed.
Great videos. It is on an instructional video ...you should check it out.
Thanks for sharing.
Mobius
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Very, very nice..

Don
kboudy
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of kboudy
Mobius- I thought it was Harada too, but after slowing it down and watching it more times than I should admit, I'm convinced it's not. The left hand does not have the coin until the very end. I'm not sure what our community policy is for theorizing & breaking down effects, so I'll keep my "best guess" a little vague: the right fingers are doing a toss move that would take a *lot* of practice.

I've never seen anything that compares to the depth of thinking & grace of this performer's movements. I am inspired!

Keith
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
Quote:
On 2009-02-08 12:20, kboudy wrote:
Mobius- I thought it was Harada too, but after slowing it down and watching it more times than I should admit, I'm convinced it's not. The left hand does not have the coin until the very end. I'm not sure what our community policy is for theorizing & breaking down effects, so I'll keep my "best guess" a little vague: the right fingers are doing a toss move that would take a *lot* of practice.

I've never seen anything that compares to the depth of thinking & grace of this performer's movements. I am inspired!

Keith

I agree. I also think Shoot Ogawa has a very similar technique in his work. This vanish is a work of art, however I think it is VERY angly. So it plays very well on video but on real world performance? I think not so much. However the execution is smooth, artistic and very inspiring.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Very nice stuff.

I don't think we should be assuming that the angles are limited. Why would someone spend that amount of time to learn something that isn't practical in the real world and only works for one angle?

But then again, us coin nuts can go to great extremes creating, learning and practicing things like this.

Craig
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1303 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
kboudy
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of kboudy
Wow, thanks Mobius... I feel like a whole new world is opening.

And iceblade - thanks for the tip. I just saw Shoot's one handed vanish in Cultural xChange. I am now quite certain I understand what Ponta the Smith is doing in his incredible vanish. It's one of those experiences where understanding the moves increases my respect for the performer. I fully realize that I'm watching someone who has completely immersed themselves for many years, like a great concert pianist.
Fred Johnson
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Fred Johnson
Best spellbound I've seen, original sleights that look like real magic, EXCELLENT!
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
Holly Shinanigans!!! I've been inspired. I want to be that smooth..
MarkR
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MarkR
I contacted Ponta and asked, no begged, him to release a DVD of his routines. I have never seen anything that smooth. Shoot has amazing skills but his tempo is Japanese. It is a bit more stilted. This guy is graceful beyond words. - Markr
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
Simply amazing... trully artistic and expressive. Check this one out, it's the first one that I watched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP8I0-XNVsw.
"The one that seeks for the truth takes the chance to find it". Isabel Allende

www.magopabloleal.com
Kungfujon
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Kungfujon
I'm most impressed with the smooth, unbroken flow of the coin(s) during the entire routine. Very well performed. My spellbound PALES in comparison.

Thanks for taking it to the next level.
Jon Barmore
St. Augustine, Florida
Coin and Close-up
Ruldar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Ruldar
That is unbelievable. The first few times viewing it, I swore it was cut and spliced video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Very Nice Spellbound Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL