The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sebastian Black's Clearly Q&A Board (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
The board is not for you.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Quote:
On 2009-05-22 18:22, Tom Jorgenson wrote:

how about a better answer? like telling why, I guess many people are trying to learn more about sebastian's board.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
[quote]On 2009-05-22 15:50, Domino Magic wrote:

1. Perform surrounded
2. Perform up close
3. Perform clean - when I am at the point I am feeding back the info on ThoughtScan - the board can be examined. There are times, especially at a banquet setting that I will leave the board on a table in the audience for a few moments.
4. Both ThoughtScan & Clearly Mind Reading allow me to see all the stolen slips at one time. For me it's important so I can plan my strategy for the presentation.

1. It can be done...depends on what you mean by surrounded.
2. up close how? Looking for a contact lens close? I could do it...
3. The board can be examined...I am coming up with my own use for the board which will allow me to put it all together VERY openly as my show progresses, until I finally use it for it's designed purpose.
4. That depends on what your definition of "all" is...it can be done, if you can do the dance...

Nathan

PS On second thought...don't get it.
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
Quote:
On 2009-05-22 18:22, Tom Jorgenson wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate the honesty and reply.

Quote:
On 2009-05-22 19:25, Nathan Pain wrote:

1. It can be done...depends on what you mean by surrounded.
2. up close how? Looking for a contact lens close? I could do it...
3. The board can be examined...I am coming up with my own use for the board which will allow me to put it all together VERY openly as my show progresses, until I finally use it for it's designed purpose.
4. That depends on what your definition of "all" is...it can be done, if you can do the dance...

Nathan

PS On second thought...don't get it.

1. My definition of surrounded is just that - people all around me. I don't do it in every show, but I like the ability to move through the audience.

Just to clarify something here. Many of the shows I do, I do without a stage as one isn't available. For example this week I am performing at a sales meeting which is just in a hotel ballroom and they don't need a stage for the rest of their week long meeting. When I do get a stage, I find too much of a delay between going into the audience to hand out slips & pencils, then collecting everything in envelopes and back to the stage. I prefer to stay out in the audience and I like to move around.

2. How close? Well they can reach out and touch me. I'm standing right next to them, so yeah, that close.

3. Ok, so it seems examinable before, but how about during the routine? As I mentioned I can leave ThoughtScan sitting on the table in the middle of the routine and there's nothing to see.

4. I define "all" as in all the slips I have acquired. Typically it's about ten - give or take.

And finally, I agree, this is not for me. I'm glad you guys are finding it useful. I'm going to stick with Richard's prop as it allows me to work in a manner that fits my style and doesn't present me with any limitations.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
As far as 3...you can lie it on a table and walk away...unless you are performing for a groping organization...

But, yeah, for you...probably better off sticking to your guns.

Nathan
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I've finally had a chance to play with this a while and must say I like it more and more. As you fool around with it, it becomes more and more natural. I haven't used it yet and won't until I get it a bit smoother.

If anyone would like to share some tips on getting it smoother I'd love to hear from them by PM. I will definitely use this and don't want any unnecessary fumbling.

As far as comparisons the only disadvantage to this, which Sabastian will tell you, is it is not as angle proof as others such as Osterlind's. This usually is not an issue with me as most of my performances have the audience in front of me. It is certainly one of the most natural looking props and could and probably should be used with other effects where the board is in the hands of the audience.

The best effects are always simple and direct(as Looch will attest to)and I believe with this simple prop you can achieve this-with a powerful presentation of course. My hats off to Sebastian Black for a brillient prop that could certainly enhance anyones Q&A.

Steve
toonomads
View Profile
Regular user
Albuquerque, NM, USA
172 Posts

Profile of toonomads
Where can I purchase this item? Very interested.

Mark Pappler
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
PM the creator...that's what I did...

Nathan
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Mine came Sat. What a nice QandA board...well done MR.Black!
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Thanks for all the kind words and support.

Best,
Sebastian Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
You could do a presentation with a series of revelations and then move about the audience or casually turning the board around to show you revelations and musings as they came to you...so if anyone has a need to do this surrounded,then it is fine. However,the whole idea is that once the billets are in the sealed envelopes, you are seated up front reading people's minds...job done!

No need to over complicate things in my view.
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
This is definitely my best buy of 2009. The pad looks ultra clean and the method is very clever. I am suprised that nobody said that it is based on a very classic concept in magic - and I don't want to tip it here - but the application of this concept to Q-A is brilliant. The publicity is wrong when it says that you will find inside the package enough to perform it a dozen times. In fact, you will use it thousands of times. It is very easy to perform, and I can't recommend this enough if you do Q-A.
JJS
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Just received...

Outstanding product, must have item for Q&A workers out there!

This is a great concept that has seen the light in other effects by other people, but not for a professional Q&A performer.

Everyone else has said it better already--just get it if it's still available.

Thanks SB,

Paul h.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Well, it was the endorsement of the big B himself that made me purchase this, and it arrived with super speed, and I have to say it is GORGEOUS. This is unbelievably devious and simple. Not much more to say than others have said. It was clearly inspired by ThoughtScan, but it has several distinct differences, including a brilliantly deceptive way to collect billets without any p**ming. The collection is done right out in the open, and the specs can be burning your hands. This is a wonderful device that has plenty of potential beyond Q&A, and as people are already posting, it is a DIY item that is easily refilled and can be modified to fit idiosyncratic performing styles. Highly, highly recommended, and remember--it is a limited release item!

Seth
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Yes - it is so cool you could name it : "Q-A for Dummies"!
JJS
rickreation
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of rickreation
Received my board today.

I don't even know if Sebastian has any of these left, but if he does and you are wondering if you should buy this... RUN before it is too late.

This is so simple, excruciatingly simple, and absolutely deceptive. This is so wonderful, I can't say it enough. I will use this for the rest of my life. Thank you SO much Sebastian!
Sidney
View Profile
New user
85 Zombie Kills and their heads hung on
94 Posts

Profile of Sidney
Quote:
On 2009-06-01 22:47, rickreation wrote:
Received my board today.

I don't even know if Sebastian has any of these left, but if he does and you are wondering if you should buy this... RUN before it is too late.

This is so simple, excruciatingly simple, and absolutely deceptive. This is so wonderful, I can't say it enough. I will use this for the rest of my life. Thank you SO much Sebastian!

I second that !
It is more versatile than I imagined and every time I use it more ideas pop in my little head.

Sid Smile
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Great tool that will be of value to anyone doing Q&A.
Well thought out and produced.

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Sebastion deserves all the praise on this thread. I just got the board and its a great idea.

It has to be the most innocent looking billet steal and board Ive ever seen. And despite some of the comparison's with another board you can easily have five or six billets on view simultaniously. But the best thing about this board is it looks totally innocent.

It is easily worth the investment. It's the best method I've seen for doing this type of Q&A in my opinion. I will definately use this.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Yes, I know that the most important aspect of any Q & A routine is the answer, but that isn't a reason for not having a great time copping and accessing the questions! I'm only at the practice stage so I can't review Clearly Q & A in performance yet but I like to think I've developed a pretty good sense of what is going to work well in the real world.

And every time I practice this wonderful, sleek method it just feels so right! I keep getting new inspirations and a big grin that simply won't go away. Thank you for releasing Clearly Q & A Sebastian.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sebastian Black's Clearly Q&A Board (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL