The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got an extra room for a night? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
My wife and I are going to road trip a bit in May and we thought we would try out the hospitality of magicians. We will be traveling from New Orleans to Los Angeles via mostley I-10.We would like to stay within a short distance of I-10. We will be makeing a stop at Fort Polk the first day. We are normal people unless you considor the magican / clown aspect. We are non-smokers.
I hate to be slightly picky but my wife is allergic to dogs esp. short haired breeds.

With that in mind, if you want to open your home and a bed for a night we thank you in advance and look forward to meeting you. Feel free to PM if you want.

We plan on leaveing the Big Easy on the 11th and have to be in LA on the 14th of May.

Thanks

Jeff
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Sorry, in Malaysia.

Have fun! Smile

Stay safe!

Pakar Ilusi
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3730 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Wish you were going to be in NOLA in the middle of March. I'm hoping for one of my regular visits.

Steve
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Is there anything, anything at all, in in for the homeowner? Do you do windows or anything?
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2009-01-15 17:55, Vandy Grift wrote:
Is there anything, anything at all, in in for the homeowner? Do you do windows or anything?

I might would spring for dinner at a local place. I would rather spend the $$$ on dinner than a hotel.

Jeff
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
How many guns are you gonna be packin'?
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2009-01-15 21:48, MagicSanta wrote:
How many guns are you gonna be packin'?

It would be one, however, Commiefornia does not offer reprocity with any state for concealed carry and it is also unlawful to open carry. If it were not for a magic related job I would not be going to that state. If it were not for California I would be OK in the 9 other states as they offer either reprocity of open carry.

NUMS
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If you were mentally ill California will let you carry a side arm, it is an unusual state.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
_______________________________________________________________________________________

MagicSanta wrote:

If you were mentally ill California will let you carry a side arm, it is an unusual state.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Smile

You are kidding, right?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nope. Do a check. A number of years ago in a Berkeley bar a nut went in and killed some people and held others hostage. The gun shop he went to called the licensing board and said the guy was clearly nuts and didn't want to sell him a gun and the shop was told if they didn't sell it to him then they could be sued and shut down for denying him. So they sold him the gun and, viola, dead people.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 13:15, MagicSanta wrote:
Nope. Do a check. A number of years ago in a Berkeley bar a nut went in and killed some people and held others hostage. The gun shop he went to called the licensing board and said the guy was clearly nuts and didn't want to sell him a gun and the shop was told if they didn't sell it to him then they could be sued and shut down for denying him. So they sold him the gun and, viola, dead people.

As you know the story, please provide a link to it.

Thanks

NUMS
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm not good at searching and it was about 15 years ago. Guy goes into bar, takes hostages, etc.. I remember the scene when he ran along the line of people shooting down at them, it was all over the news. Like I said, I don't know how to find stories that old on line, why? You don't believe a guy who was nuts got a gun?

I'll tell you about the bay area. I've never heard an outcry because a criminal has shoot someone like you get if a home owner or cop shoots someone. That is what the area thinks about guns. I'm on your side Nums, don't go all NRA on me ya hippy
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 17:56, MagicSanta wrote:
I'm not good at searching and it was about 15 years ago. Guy goes into bar, takes hostages, etc.. I remember the scene when he ran along the line of people shooting down at them, it was all over the news. Like I said, I don't know how to find stories that old on line, why? You don't believe a guy who was nuts got a gun?

I'll tell you about the bay area. I've never heard an outcry because a criminal has shoot someone like you get if a home owner or cop shoots someone. That is what the area thinks about guns. I'm on your side Nums, don't go all NRA on me ya hippy

I believe your story, I would just like to read about the particulars. From what you said it is the Goverments fault, if you feel a need to blame anyone but the shooter.

I also do not, from our previous discussions, feel that you and I are on the same page when it comes to guns. Also, most hippes were gone before I was born.

NUMS
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Oh, that part. What happened is someone in the bar decides to sue the gun dealer. The dealer kept records and he had turned the guy away once and the guy, the murderer, called the licensing board and told him the dealer had to sell him a gun if he wasn't a felon or he could sue. The soon to be killer goes back in, his behavior was odd enough that it really concerned the dealer, and tells the guy what he was told. Dealer calls the licensing guy who tells him he must sell the gun or lose his license so he sells the gun and the guy goes out and takes over the bar etc.. It was a big story in the bay area at the time.

I don't care if rational people have guns, it is the criminals and nuts I worry about. I don't have a gun cuz I'm nuts.
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
I teach several pistol and rifle classes a year in CA. I have never been questioned about what I fly in with. Non-Californians can transport firearms into the state for the purpose of training or competition. Of course this says nothing about ones right to carry while there.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
No one will know as long as he doesn't get pulled over and searched and there is no reason for a law abiding citizen like my pal Num to be pulled over.
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 21:22, MagicSanta wrote:
No one will know as long as he doesn't get pulled over and searched and there is no reason for a law abiding citizen like my pal Num to be pulled over.

I agree completely.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 21:22, MagicSanta wrote:

Santa and Mr Little, are you suggesting that I should carry unlawfully as I should not be doing anything to be pulled over?

1) by doing that iam no longer the law abiding citizen.

2) I could be involved in an accident or pass thru one of the many fruit/immigration checkpoints in CA.

3) Mr Little, I am driving in not flying.

4) Californias treatment of law abiding citizens much like Marylands SUCKS.

NUMS
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
Quote:
Santa and Mr Little, are you suggesting that I should carry unlawfully as I should not be doing anything to be pulled over?

Not at all. I would not tell you to break the law. I just acknowledged MagicSanta’s observation that no one would know.

There are ways to legally transport a firearm through the state of CA. That most probably means firearm and ammo stored separately, magazines unloaded, pistol unloaded in a locked case in the trunk. Remember that anything over a 10 round magazine is illegal in CA. It would not hurt to check into if you want to be able to carry in the other States on your trip.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I should warn you that Num is a tad bit paranoid. Num, Aaron is a gun expert and my personal hero so relax!

Nummy, I have no clue what is legal or illegal. If you want my permission to carry you may do so, of course I have no power. You are going to LA baby! You'll be passing cars with corpses in 'em, drugs in 'em, 13 people in 'em, you are the good one and will enjoy your visit. Now breath....breath.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got an extra room for a night? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL