The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got an extra room for a night? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I thought he just needed a room for the night...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Yup, I thought so too...

Sounds like he's going to war now...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Nums... will you be headin' through Utah?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Nums is a good guy.... Utah? I'd think he'd be mighty lost if he went through Utah!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I'm not sure how the subject changed so much either as Nums was asking for people to host him and his wife for a night. I'm in Canada so can't be of any help, but good luck to you!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If Num hits Canada he's REALLLLY lost
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2009-01-18 00:50, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Yup, I thought so too...

Sounds like he's going to war now...

Smile

Since when is wanting to carry protection like going to war. If I were going to do harm I would not worry about laws.

NUMS
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Utah and Vancouver are covered Nums, ever considered Alaska instead of LA?
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Jstone, I am going to Utah after the convention and am going to stop in Las Vegas for the day and head towards Denver.

Chrystal if you are in Vancouver I am going to be performing there March 6-8 If you don't have a room we (my wife and I) could meet for dinner.

Santa, I am planning on Alaska however I try to combine magic/work trips with sightseeing. Why did you suggest Alaska?

NUMS
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 19:34, nums wrote:

I believe your story, I would just like to read about the particulars. From what you said it is the Goverments fault, if you feel a need to blame anyone but the shooter.

Only since you asked for the information, maybe it's this story (see below)? This guy, Merdad Dashti, took dozens of hostages at a popular bar near the University of California at Berkeley.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht......66958260

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht......67958260

http://www.scu.edu/ethics/dialogue/candc/cases/publick.html

I guess you can google his name to find more details.

If you want to blame someone other than the shooter, you can probably also add the NRA and like lobby groups to the list.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On 2009-01-18 22:58, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 19:34, nums wrote:

I believe your story, I would just like to read about the particulars. From what you said it is the Goverments fault, if you feel a need to blame anyone but the shooter.

Only since you asked for the information, maybe it's this story (see below)? This guy, Merdad Dashti, took dozens of hostages at a popular bar near the University of California at Berkeley.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht......66958260

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht......67958260

http://www.scu.edu/ethics/dialogue/candc/cases/publick.html

I guess you can google his name to find more details.

If you want to blame someone other than the shooter, you can probably also add the NRA and like lobby groups to the list.

Thanks for the links, I only find the shooter to be at fault for this, the blame game was said with sarcasem.

NUMS
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Nums,

Our IBM Ring has a killer place for lecturers to stay. If you're interested (it's free), PM me, and I'll see if we can work it out.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That is the one I was thinking of Balducci! You stud you found it! There was another one in Berkeley where the guys made the hostages lay down then ran down the line of them firing into 'em. Berkeley is an interesting and for its rep for peace love and understanding a very violent place.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I just saw a clip on the morning news (although I was only paying half-attention) about traveling and crashing at peoples homes and on their couch.

Check out

WPIX morning news in NYC. Look on their web site and search "couches" or Kurt the Cyber Guy...

That's all I know.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Justin I also belong to http://www.couchsurfing.com I have not stayed anywhere yet nor had anyone stay here.

Seems to be a neat idea.

NUMS
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
In France, there are many websites and newspaper ads advertising rooms that are let out to tourists in exchange for personal services, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink. Don't know if that phenomenon has made it to the U.S. or not.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It did in my drinking days Balducci!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Sorry you didn't catch my sarcasm.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Can I stay with you? carrie is driving me crazy!!!!!!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got an extra room for a night? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL