The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Just a question? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
I have a couple questions about vent.

I tried to get into it when I was younger but gave up because it got fusterating and I kept moving my lips.

Is vent hard to learn? in general is it hard? is it something that you would highly reccomend to learn as an art form?

I really wanted to give it a shot for the expiearance and now that I'm a bit older I would be more committed because Im a stubburn bugger now. and wont give up that easily,

also, any PM's for people that are willing to help me out, or have good reasources on vent, like how to pronounce those hard letters.

thanks,

magic mike
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
See the top post on this forum - and read everything else you find here too. Your questions will be answered.
Enjoy!
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Mike,

It is a skill like any other that must be practiced. Some people find it easier than others, like some people find playing a piano is easier some some than others.
I think one of the most important issues to remember is that (as Jeff Dunham decribes it) vent is stand up comedy with puppet.
In other words - are you funny?
I know ventriloquists who are technically great but just not funny, as much as I know some magicians who are technically amazing but as entertaining to watch as paint drying Smile
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
Thank-you guys.

I have been told I am funny, usually making fun of myself, and I figured I could just let the puppet make fun of me as part of it. I do some stand up at open stage time at my school. I am mostly funny just normally, Im just not sure how I can take the things I do and say and use them as comedy material, The only problem with me is when I have someone going I just can't stop. I keep going untill it looks like they are hurting the selves because they are laughing soooooooooo hard because of the stupid things I do and say.

thanks,

magic mike
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Watch other vents and learn (don't steal). There are lots of vent videos on Youtube both good and bad. Sometimes you can learn as much from a bad one as a good one (What NOT to do)
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
I learned from a book, then I got a video.. At first I didn't use any of the hard sounds if I could help it, with time it gets easier.

Hope you do get back into it, it's so much fun!!

Good luck.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
marshalldoll
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of marshalldoll
There is only one way to truely be good and the secret is PRACTICE PRACTICE and more PRACTICE. All of a sudden you will find it has become much more easy to do!!
Dan
http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Just a question? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL