The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A news story for your perusal... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
893 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
I may regret this- it's already inspired a 927-post thread on a different forum, but:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-......99.story

Discuss.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I suppose it gives new meaning to the phrase 'land of opportunity'?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
He is suing for the money.

This doesn't mean businesses should try to accomidate those with disabilities but some really can't. My wife can't climb lots of stairs due to heart problems, should restaurants on elevated areas be forced to move to a lower level? Should they have to build moving sidewalk for her? I don't think so. I can't climb Half Dome in Yosemite because of my feet and knees (I know some have climb using their hands only but I can't, I'm disabled in my own special way), should I demand either those that can climb it stop or have them build a hoist to lift me up? Should all counters be two feet off the ground just in case a 'little person' should come in? Reasonable accomidations baby....and California isn't a state where reasonable anything exist.

Again, this guy is a ****** looking to make a living and like other sue happy people his right to do so should be removed. It has happened before.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I think if one doesn't "comply" they should put a sign up, "Not for diaabled persons -- please go somewehre else."

Like a sign I saw in Florida last year "If you can't control your children don't come in."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2429 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"Okay, OUT OF THE (gene) POOL, PAL!"

I write as an old, fat, semi-crippled guy with a walker. I'm unhappy about not being able to get into places, but I don't go around scouring the countryside for non-handicapped-accessible places and SUING FOR MONEY.

This guy needs to get a freakin' job.

I can understand making a big ol' fuss, even suing, if someplace I really NEED to get into won't comply with the law. My workplace, for instance. But going around looking for trouble? Maybe if I was genuinely inconvenienced I'd file a complaint, even sue for compliance (if such a thing is possible), but not for money.

'Inconvenienced' is not a word I use frivolously - if a business doesn't want to make it possible for me to enter, they don't get my money. There are almost always alternative choices of places to take my business. And I'm prepared to take a little extra trouble to move my raggedy b*tt into a place if it's just problematic, not impossible - and not complain, either.

THAT SAID, PETE BIRO, when you're impaired you may feel differently about the laws that made those handicapped-only spaces, those curb cuts, those ramps, those rails, possible. And it made them possible by making them mandatory (sadly there was no other way to get anyone to actually do it).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A news story for your perusal... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL