The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fulves Self Working.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavyBoy
View Profile
New user
Dorset UK
71 Posts

Profile of DavyBoy
I have recently purchased 'Fulves Self Working Mental Magic',and was wondering what effect from the book has given you the best reactions or mileage?

DavyBoy Smile
ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Right now I can not think of the actual names of the 2 that I use and go over big, but the book does contain some good stuff.

Another thing, I try to build on what is described in the book. An example is:
It's the one were you count off the cards, and the final card turned over is the card you wrote down on a piece of paper (prediction).

Well I start off with a simple card fan, and have the sitter looks at the cards, I do not. I then tell the sitter to look into my eyes, I close the fan, lay the cards down on the table, and look in to the sitters eyes. If it is a female, I ask her to also hold her hand out, and I take a hold of it, and while looking in her eyes, I mention the color of the Aura I see around her. I then let go of her hand pick up the pen and write the card prediction down on a piece of paper.

I place the prediction under a glass and go on with the rest of the presentation. But at the end of it, instead of turning over the counted card and then the paper, I leave the pile of cards there, and ask the sitter to look at the prediction first, then to SLOWLY turn over the top card, this I think builds the suspense for the sitter, the card being last.

The reason I shoot the Aura thing in there, is what I like to think of as a 'slight of mind' - as the thought will be there, and as soon as the prediction presentation is over, it could open other avenues of discussion, and away from thoughts and thinking about the how's of the 'Trick' just presented.

Just my thoughts.
Ed Smile
Were the border between the natural and the supernatural will be nothing any more but fuzzy. http://edwardshanahan.com
MatthewBlackwell
View Profile
Regular user
England
140 Posts

Profile of MatthewBlackwell
'Significant Digit' is impromptu gem.

My sole adaptation was to change the writing of a digit to them drawing a very small picture (which is quite logical when you do this using a bit of an old till receipt).

In my opinion, the entire 'Self Working' series is excellent.

Cheers,

Matthew Blackwell
Socrates
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Socrates
The thing to do with the Karl Fulves self-working series is look at the effects and then see how you can develop a good presentation, one that suits you and your character, and then go with that.

The way I used these books was to look for the concepts and apply them to my own effects.

Hope this helps.

Socrates

'Imagination is more important than knowledge' - Albert Einstein Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2003-05-03 16:43, DavyBoy wrote:
I have recently purchased 'Fulves Self Working Mental Magic',and was wondering what effect from the book has given you the best reactions or mileage?

DavyBoy Smile

Which ones read well to you? Smile
Self Working Paper Magic also has a few good mental items in it (its also gaffed as a book test but you wouldn't use it on anyone except fellow magicians).

Paul.
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
The one which suits your show and style perfectly will be the best one.
My personal favourite is Psilver.

From,
cornelius.
nachof
View Profile
New user
brazil
29 Posts

Profile of nachof
'Fulves Self Working Mental Magic.' It is the first mental book that I bought and most of the effects are very good and easy to do.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The Want Ad test and Future Vision which is by the way, my best mentalism effect:) They are right, whatever fits your personality is the best one. For some reason, Im able to play future vision up real well.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
"Teleportation" which is basically Grant's Million Dollar Bill Mystery and "Even-Money Proposition" which is basically a truncated "Out of This World" are both in there.
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
444 Posts

Profile of Rick
I like to do remote viewing. It's easy and it fries laymen. Rick.
steveroth
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of steveroth
Try them all and decide what is right for you! For me, Future Vision, Teleportation, The Want Ad Test, A Room Away,Sleight of Mind, Remote Viewing and Double Stop appeared especially promising.

Regards,

Steve Roth
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I like and have used the Even Money Proposition. That was also one of the first books I read on mentalism, I thought it was one of many great places to start.

Anabelle Smile
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
The best tricks I got from this book are:

Money Sense
Psychic Compass
Replica
The Want Ad Test

Very Nice Mentalism Effects!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Fulves Self Working.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL