The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Boring magician seems(?) to entertain the crowd... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Are these kids having fun?

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=2lpItUPAz6g
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I stopped after a few seconds but I want to give you a better line to use. After whining and asking if they can hear you and you say you have a sore throat you then say you don't have your glasses either, which makes no sense. Next time after a pause (after the sore throat) you ask "Can you see me okay?" they respond "yes" your line would be "good, I forgot my glasses". Glad I could help.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Justin, that was a great video. You really seemed to get to those kids. I love this stuff.

keep it up

kevin
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 12:59, agent61 wrote:
I found this more interesting:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kRIOqaqZHMU&feature=related

;)

Ah yes!

Sorry Santa...it was a long day, that was my third show and by that time I was dizzy. It's funny the things that come out of your mouth when you are up there?! lol!

But, who cares...the kids (seemed to) like it.

And afterall, ain't that what it's about, the kids?!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm trying to help....

So since it is NYC do you call the kids 'bustahs'?
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
LOL!!!
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 12:59, agent61 wrote:
I found this more interesting:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kRIOqaqZHMU&feature=related

;)

Hehe, I liked that one too!
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Do I have to be the first one to say that I really enjoyed the original clip?

I think that Justin worked his audience extremely well, and I also think it was a gift of an audience. Those kids were great.

Be negative if you want. Justin can take it. But the truth is that 99.9% of us would love to give a performance like this every day. The kids were cool, and they loved the performance. What more do we want? An academy award?

"Oh yes, I once won an Oscar for my performance in 'Shakespeare in Love'. I also am proud to tell the world how much better my life is since getting a Brazilian wax. I am shallow, hear me roar."

Or do we want to have real people, in a real situation, enjoy themselves because we did a little show for them?

Call me some kind of drunkard philosopher weirdo, but I swear to God and all the angels that I would rather do what Justin did in that clip than have had a roll in "Shakespeare in Love".

Except for the money. I'd like to be like Justin, but with Gwyneth Paltrow's money.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1304 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I liked it. Good interaction with the kids, fun time.

Now had I just heard you, I would have thought its Peter Coyote talking. Ever considered reading an audio book, Justin? I would listen!
Sent from my Typewriter
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thank you. I just want to show a little different side of me. I know people think I like to clown around (and I DO) but I want you to see that I also care about people and like working in the real world.

However...it is NOT easy.

Would you like to see the video of what the crowd was like before I went out there? When I got to the venue, the noise level was at a max. My ears were hurting and I told the person in charge that there was NO WAY I would be able to go out there and perform.

"It's too loud and they are WAAAAY out of control, I'm tired, I had two shows earlier and I am beat. I CAN"T do it. I have no mic, I didn't know there would be this many people??? I can't do it."

The person looked at me like I was crazy. "Well, just do what'cha can."

sigh..."alright." I said.

Plus...the person put the "sweat machine" on me about Santa showing up. So as I was working, I had to constantly be worried that santa was going to show up and ruin it for me.

On top of it all...I had NO IDEA they were filming it!
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Its for the kids, and you were great. If I could do that everyday, I would be the happiest man on earth
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Well...now you got me thinking?

Learn the Ultimate Style mouth coil routine!

LOL!

:cheers:
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2726 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2009-01-16 14:41, Justin Style wrote:

Plus...the person put the "sweat machine" on me about Santa showing up. So as I was working, I had to constantly be worried that santa was going to show up and ruin it for me.

On top of it all...I had NO IDEA they were filming it!

Sounds like it was a fun time.

The few Christmas parties I've done. I always introduced Santa. That way, he didn't show up until I was finished.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Justin, the camera cut away, and I couldn't make out the last item you pulled from your mouth.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 18:12, daffydoug wrote:
Justin, the camera cut away, and I couldn't make out the last item you pulled from your mouth.

It looked like they were standard throw coils, but they wouldn't be from mouth. Most likely he palmed them and threw from hands making it look like he coughed them out. Can get throw coils from about anywhere that has mouth coils
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Well...you're kinda of close.

But...

Those were NOT standard throw streamers...these cost $15.00 a pop (or throw...lol)

The mouth coil was CRESSY The ONLY mouth coil I ever use. 50'...which is funny, because due to the economic downturn, even Cressy coils are affected. The mouth coils are now only 46'. lol -

The streamer was sleeved and some point toward the end of the coil coming out, I retrieved it and was palming it as I rolled the last pieces of coil. Quick switch and a throw...and you heard the result.

:cheers:
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
$15.00 a pop? Justin, how did you turn a profit?????
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2009-01-17 20:01, daffydoug wrote:
$15.00 a pop? Justin, how did you turn a profit?????

Back in the day, my kid's show cost me about $40 to $50 bucks in "disposable" items. Just charge extra. Smile

Justin,

I think in most threads on the Café, you and I are in some sort of philosophical debate about some weird concept or whatever, but not in this thread! Nice work my man! I loved how you got almost 10 minutes out entertainment out of just a few simple props... that's my "style" of magic.

You had 'em eatin' out of the palm of your hands, and you're right, it's all about the kids (the audience).
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I know all to well about those disposable items! Been there, done that!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Boring magician seems(?) to entertain the crowd... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL