The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey guys, video cam help. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Guys I was wondering, before shelling out on a new camera. My sister has one she is willing to give me it is;

digital camera, with 7.1 Mega Pixels, and a 3x optical zoom (its Olypmus). If I use the right lighting. Will my videos be a nice quality -- and will I be able to upload in High def on youtube.

Thanks.

If somone is feeling particualy helpfull, maybe they could find be a video of what my video quality will look like.

Thanks again.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Sounds like it's a point and shoot camera that has a video function built-in as well. No current point and shoot models shoot in HD, they just shoot in standard definition.

The quality of it will be suitable for short YouTube clips, but they wouldn't be stellar. Likely somewhere around webcam quality.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Kevin, I know its alot, but could you give me a link to a video on youtube, wich is probably similar to what I will have.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi Paul. That's pretty difficult, as I have no idea which camera any given youtube video was shot with, and video quality can vary quite a lot, even in these point and shoot cameras, depending on brand, lighting, etc.

I've never owned an Olympus camera, so I can't tell you from experience how their quality is.

Also, you might want to make sure the camera has a built-in microphone. While many cameras with a video function do have a basic built-in mic, there are some that do not. I don't know if sound is going to be an important factor in your videos.

If you are wanting an affordable camera to shoot HD clips for upload on the web, then I would recommend something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Video-MinoHD-......01HSOFI2

If you want a camera that primarily shoots still images, but also offers a video mode, I'd recommend taking a look at Canon's Powershot line of cameras. I've had great results from them for a number of years.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hey guys, video cam help. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL