We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » card to forehead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I haven't performed card to forehead in a long time. The other day I did it for my son and he thought it was really funny.
I thought I would try it out at my restaurant. A lady picked a card and I got her to look at the guy who shuffled the cards and concentrate on her card. I stood behind her and told the guy to read her mind (all the while her card is stuck to my forehead).

He didn't know what to do! I asked him if he knew her card, still nothing. Are you getting anything at all? Nothing. His wife asked if it was the one on my forehead. Needless to say, this was an anti-climatic ending to this routine.

When I've done this in the past the spectators mind is "read" and they are surprised until they turn to look at me and see how it was done. Then they have a good laugh. When I told this to my wife she laughed so I thought some of you out there might get a chuckle out of this. It annoyed me at the time but I can laugh at it now. From now on I'm going to ask if they see anything... anywhere!
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
That is a funny story (from this angle)!

I have performed it a handful of times. It always plays like a groaning pun, doesn't it?
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
No, not always. I have had a lot of fun with this one before.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Yup, all depends on whose doing it. If you want to see it done really well, watch Doc Eason. If you want to see the 'groaning pun', watch Michael Ammar.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I've used it from time to time. Usually "on the spot," when someone requests I do a trick and they pull out a deck of cards. I really try to make it look like *I* screwed the whole thing up, then let them discover the card at the last minute. Decent effect, but not something I would perform in a professional situation.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » card to forehead (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL