The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ringtone by Adam Grace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Adam Grace
View Profile
V.I.P.
LA, CA
149 Posts

Profile of Adam Grace
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 14:25, Todd Bernard wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 13:08, MarvinSanRemo wrote:
In this digital era, it seems many ideas get ripped from the internet and converted to magic so someone can make a few bucks. This is simply another example of this process. Of course, the worth of the effect will be the ideas and subtleties that are discussed to turn a "prank dial" into a lasting magical impression. That being said, I find it slightly uncomfortable that someone is willing to "market" this effect, being that it is freely available on the internet, and no work went into the creation of the "prank dial" by the creator. I guess in some regard, the creator realized the possibilities of making this into a magical effect. However, like Nathan Pain pointed out, making the ring tone stick would be magical Smile PM me your phone number and I will amaze you Smile Just my thoughts.

First, I have nothing personally against Adam Grace. I have never met him, or talked with him. But, I fully agree with the above post. I purchased two previous effects of Adam Grace's before I knew that I would no longer purchase anything from him. His demo's are never very clear and sometimes even borderline on false advertising. I was not impressed with Glass, and was very disappointed with Frozen.

Once again, the demo doesn't show an actual performance of it. I guess it's one of those tricks that's not good enough to show to magicians who will in return figure out the method by simply watching it fully performed. I made a commitment that in 2009 I would change the way I bought magic. One of the ways was to stay clear away from these types of effects flooding the market.

Again, no personal offence meant to Adam Grace as a person.

As a person, Adam Grace takes no offense to your comments.

As a member of the notorious LA based street gang "the Crimps" Adam Grace does take offense.

I didn't spend years training as a monkey trainer... working the day shift at the graveyard and the graveyard shift at the Days Inn... just to take this kind of abuse.

I have notified all of the magic shops and websites and instructed them to NEVER sell you another one of my effects. You are banned, sir!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
885 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Well now. I am going to add my $5.93 cents to this thread. I have followed Adams releases since I first learned of him awhile ago. And personally I don't think That anything I have picked up (Grafitti, Glass, Frozen, etc...) has dissapointed me. Adam was BEAT DOWN for Frozen. I loved the original trailer I saw many moons ago. And I loved the version he decided to release. To often people on here want to know EVERYTHING about how an effect works and want to see a demo from 10 minutes before the effects start to 20 minutes after it is over before they will buy it. But, aside from the VERY new people here, don't you guys remember magic before the Internet? When you had to READ an effects description to decide if you wanted it? And that was all you had, unless you had a shop near you that could, if they had it,demo it for you. Would they tell you all about it before you bought it? Not likely. So tell me this..... how many effects have you got just from watching somebody DEMO it LIVE?

That being said, I ll be looking to pick this up tomorrow as I like Adams stuff. He has not let me down yet, and I don't assume that this will be any different. (and, yes I have performed frozen and glass) And since my bud Chris K and I think alike, I know I will use it.

SO let the flaming roast of Judah begin for saying I like Adams stuff. (maybe I can divert some fire away from Adam for a few.)

Poof

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2249 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey,

Does anyone know if this can be done outside the USA?

Mexico, UK, Canada.

Please advise.

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Ok, Adam Grace is hilarious...& his band is pretty d@mn good too!

I'm gonna buy ringtone just because he gave me a good laugh...those are few and far between these days!

Thanks Adam!

Nathan

PS I meant the above sincerely & not in my usual sarcastic snarky way.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Adam.... can you change ringtones to your choice? Because I'm on stage and not to shy of any gimmick at that distance, that seems to be the only question I have regarding the purchase. What are the limits of changing the ringtone and time span?
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Also wanted to know is it limited to song? How about my own recording message/bizarrd voices etc??
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
One more question might be if the person calling can actually hear the ringtone in their phone...I personally would keep the phone to my ear if I were the spectator, and if an outside gimmick is used, then id think youd hear their original tone. Once again, could be worked around on a stage with one spectator, but might be sticky in other situations.

Sorry if this has been talked about.
Adam Grace
View Profile
V.I.P.
LA, CA
149 Posts

Profile of Adam Grace
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 14:56, videokideo wrote:
Adam.... can you change ringtones to your choice? Because I'm on stage and not to shy of any gimmick at that distance, that seems to be the only question I have regarding the purchase. What are the limits of changing the ringtone and time span?

On the dvd I discuss the use of this on stage. I think it is the perfect stage trick:

Have a bunch of people pull out their cell phones and hold them up. You take your pick of the phones and bring that volunteer on stage. Here's your chance to perform it as a comedy piece (plenty of jokes about their current ringtone choice, jokes about how the audience has their phone number now, etc...)

OR mentalism

OR technical magic.

Your choice.

When the climax happens, hold their cellphone up to the mic and everyone will hear it... and you have the added bonus of the volunteer affirming that it's really coming from the phone etc...

Yes, you can use any ringtone you want. The gimmick is always ready to go.

[quote]On 2009-02-09 12:28, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone know if this can be done outside the USA?

Mexico, UK, Canada.

Please advise.

alex
[/quote

Yes it can be done anywhere.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6244 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 04:12, Adam Grace wrote:

Did I ever tell you guys about the phone call I got right after Glass came out. Someone who was very disappointed with GLASS left me a message on my cell phone. (I don't know how they got my phone number)

Here's how it went:
"Adam Grace, if this is the Adam Grace who put out that piece of s#$t trick GLASS... Adam I f!@#$%g hate this trick. It is stupid and YOU are stupid for inventing it. I hate it hate it hate it hate and I hate you for wasting my time and money!!! F!@#$ you buddy!"

Unfortunately when I made that call to you I couldn't send a smiley face with it. Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27082 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Okay I didn't really read the thread just did some speedreading but the basic effect sounds kewl.

So like you borrow a bill and change it's ringtone so when like someone calls you on that bill you have the song that's playing on the radio a while ago or something...and when you open the bill it's a hundred. But then like when you give it back to them it's back to being a one or whatever and its ringtone is back to normal.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Don't forget the frozen piece of glass.....
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Why Ellusionist?

Do you really feel that your effect is only good enough to be sold to 12 year old kids? Is that how insecure you feel about your own effect?

I don't see any other possible explanation; so I will pass up on this.
Maybe when it's up on youtube, I might learn it Smile

Cheers.

PS. I am just kidding!
Adam Grace
View Profile
V.I.P.
LA, CA
149 Posts

Profile of Adam Grace
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 23:40, Thomas Kwon wrote:

Do you really feel that your effect is only good enough to be sold to 12 year old kids?

I swear she said she was eighteen!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6244 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 15:44, Adam Grace wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 23:40, Thomas Kwon wrote:

Do you really feel that your effect is only good enough to be sold to 12 year old kids?

I swear she said she was eighteen!

You mean "he"... right, Adam? Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4909 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Adam is a great inventor and Im not a "Brown Noser".
Ringtone is a very cool concept - I think you can have a lot of fun with that effect.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
So tell me this..... how many effects have you got just from watching somebody DEMO it LIVE?

An example: my buddy performed Ultimate 3 Fly for me and I liked the routine and thought the coins were beautiful. So, I bought a copy Kohler's U3F. I only wished I bought it when it first came out but I will get U3F2.

Adam, can this be done on any cell phone? Even older ones that play midi-style ring tones, don't have bluetooth,etc?

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27082 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 21:19, Kjellstrom wrote:
Adam is a great inventor and Im not a "Brown Noser".
Ringtone is a very cool concept - I think you can have a lot of fun with that effect.

What bill do you answer and what ringtone do you hear?

Wait a sec, how about doing a shoephone and answering your shoe?

Is there a word for someone who brown noses via text those they won't get to meet and service?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17038 Posts

Profile of joseph
I think they are called politicians.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Adam Grace
View Profile
V.I.P.
LA, CA
149 Posts

Profile of Adam Grace
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 22:07, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
So tell me this..... how many effects have you got just from watching somebody DEMO it LIVE?

An example: my buddy performed Ultimate 3 Fly for me and I liked the routine and thought the coins were beautiful. So, I bought a copy Kohler's U3F. I only wished I bought it when it first came out but I will get U3F2.

Adam, can this be done on any cell phone? Even older ones that play midi-style ring tones, don't have bluetooth,etc?

Best,

Doug L.

Doug,
I would say that 99.999% of phones will work. When I perform this, I usually have a few people pull out their phones and I take MY PICK of which phone I want to use.

Midi type phones are very easy to spot. They usually come with a giant backpack and a plug-in cord running to the spectators car. Smile

Kidding!

There are very few midi phones left in this world and the number is dropping every day. But alas... it will work with them.

Bluetooth is not needed for this trick.

Thnaks for your question
Adam Grace
View Profile
V.I.P.
LA, CA
149 Posts

Profile of Adam Grace
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 22:31, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

Is there a word for someone who brown noses via text those they won't get to meet and service?

Anytime I hear "brown nose" and "meet and service" I immediately think of Greg Arce!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ringtone by Adam Grace (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL