The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ringtone by Adam Grace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
456 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
THIS IS GOING TO KILL!!!! Cant wait Adam! Im sure youve done it again!

Also Adam is one of the Nicest guys in magic may I add
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6244 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 00:24, Adam Grace wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 22:31, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

Is there a word for someone who brown noses via text those they won't get to meet and service?

Anytime I hear "brown nose" and "meet and service" I immediately think of Greg Arce!

Once again, spelling... it's "meat and cervix". Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 03:09, Greg Arce wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-11 00:24, Adam Grace wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 22:31, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

Is there a word for someone who brown noses via text those they won't get to meet and service?

Anytime I hear "brown nose" and "meet and service" I immediately think of Greg Arce!

Once again, spelling... it's "meat and cervix". Smile

Greg

Hmp. Magicians-can't take them anywhere. Smile

I'll be picking this up Adam! Thanks for answering my question.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
Mr. Adams, how you respond to darts being thrown at you is absolutely brilliant! I applaude your great sense of humour. Because of that I had changed my mind and attempted to purchase "Ringtone". I wasn't able to complete my order and soon got a very firm letter from E's customer service that informed me I was banned from purchasing any Adam Grace effects ever again.

Wow, you do have pull. Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 21:19, Kjellstrom wrote:
Adam is a great inventor and Im not a "Brown Noser".
Ringtone is a very cool concept - I think you can have a lot of fun with that effect.

Definitely has gone on my list!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
So, has anyone bought it yet? What do you think? Was it what you thought it would be?

Now that it's officially released, it would be nice to hear what some of you think about it. Please, no reviews from beta testers.(lol) Just regular guys who have no obligations to write a review. Smile
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
Quote:
On 2009-02-05 14:29, AaronishMagic wrote:
For the folks who love the idea of real magic... they should seriously hand out the hundred dollar bill for their dedication in magic. After all, real magic does come with some sort of sacrifice!!

Put your money where your mouth is. Literally. Video proof, let's see it.

As for Ringtone, I won't be picking this up. Given the type of shows I do, it would seem a little out of place.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1026 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 23:40, Thomas Kwon wrote:
Why Ellusionist?

Do you really feel that your effect is only good enough to be sold to 12 year old kids? Is that how insecure you feel about your own effect?

I don't see any other possible explanation; so I will pass up on this.
Maybe when it's up on youtube, I might learn it Smile

Cheers.

PS. I am just kidding!

As no one had submitted a review I googled

“Adam Grace Ring Tone Review” and there are already several exposures on YouTube,

I guess this is the downside of dealing with a company who’s target audience is 12 year old Kids, one of them even opened the DVD box and filmed a close up of the Gimmick,

why anyone would want to do that is beyond me, hopefully Adams next release will be with another company as previously stated

I am in the UK and until they review the Rip Off shipping charges ($25 to ship a single DVD) When the actual cost is $5 if every other US company can ship internationally without charging $20 over the top then I won’t be buying any thing from them in the near future.
Adam Grace
View Profile
V.I.P.
LA, CA
149 Posts

Profile of Adam Grace
Quote:
On 2009-02-17 11:54, Martin.Lester wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 23:40, Thomas Kwon wrote:
Why Ellusionist?

Do you really feel that your effect is only good enough to be sold to 12 year old kids? Is that how insecure you feel about your own effect?

I don't see any other possible explanation; so I will pass up on this.
Maybe when it's up on youtube, I might learn it Smile

Cheers.

PS. I am just kidding!

As no one had submitted a review I googled

�Adam Grace Ring Tone Review� and there are already several exposures on YouTube,

I guess this is the downside of dealing with a company who�s target audience is 12 year old Kids, one of them even opened the DVD box and filmed a close up of the Gimmick,

why anyone would want to do that is beyond me, hopefully Adams next release will be with another company as previously stated

I am in the UK and until they review the Rip Off shipping charges ($25 to ship a single DVD) When the actual cost is $5 if every other US company can ship internationally without charging $20 over the top then I won�t be buying any thing from them in the near future.

Thanks for pointing that out, Martin.

Just to clarify:

No one should go to google and type in "Adam Grace Ringtone Review".

DO not do that!

If you do, you will find out how it's done.

I'm now trusting everyone of you NOT to go to google and type in "Adam Grace Ringtone Review"

Glad we cleared that up...
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1026 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Hi Adam

I must say your Friends at Ellusionist was very quick off the Mark to get the offending Video removed from YouTube

Hopefully they might be as quick to renew there international shipping charges !
Adam Grace
View Profile
V.I.P.
LA, CA
149 Posts

Profile of Adam Grace
That is the beauty of the Ellusionist ninjas... they are quick and deadly!

My favorite quote from "The Office"

"I have got to make sure YouTube comes down to tape this." - Michael Scott
Mentalism
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Mentalism
I think the same as Martin. Personally I like the effect, but I do not pay 25 USD for International shipping!! I often buy by hocus-pocus and never pay more than 9 USD for international shipping.
That is my opinion.

Greetings
Markus
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
Quote:
On 2009-02-17 11:54, Martin.Lester wrote:
I am in the UK and until they review the Rip Off shipping charges ($25 to ship a single DVD) When the actual cost is $5 if every other US company can ship internationally without charging $20 over the top then I won’t be buying any thing from them in the near future.

For the sake of devil's advocate, I paid a pretty penny to receive a number of manuscripts from Richard Webster shipped from New Zealand. And I live in the US, so it could be I'm just insensitive to your plight.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Germantown, Maryland
510 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
This thread has been quiet for some time now. Has anyone been using this effect? Any performance stories you'd care to share?
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1795 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
There is other uses for this thing that in my mind are even better than the routine suplied. Chad Long published few bits and pieces on his London lecture and he said it was originally John Cornelius who came up the idea and pretty much also the method used here. I have been looking for good gimmick for these things for ages and this was it.

J-M
acedrew
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of acedrew
Ok I have a question for adam.... for this trick will you need big hands to conceal the gimmick?

also can you really get any song the person thinks of off the top of their head without any preparation or prior knowledge to what they will pick?

please respond....

P.S. Your tricks look great.

Posted: May 26, 2009 7:58pm
Hey so did they get rif of the hot to video...? I hate when people reveal tricks!
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1247 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I would be happy to buy this effect it looks like a great side effect to other things I do whit cell phones.

But I´m afraid it will not be possible whit any phone easily. I think I will have to mute the original ringtone and that this will be a problem. I have examined my Samsung and I see no options to do this easily, the same whit my wives phone a Sony Ericsson, no easy mute option and both phones are just a few months old. I can stop the ringtone very fast by pushing the volume down bottom on the side but not as in the demo and this will give a massage in the display that we don´t want people to see…

That’s the reason I have my doubts on buying this one and I have not always the possibility to choose from 2 or more phones as I like to present it one on one and I don´t want to be hassling too much to find the right phone for the effect.

-> Can anyone tell me if it´s easy to mute the original ringtone on any phone… or maybe it´s something in the gimmick that mutes the phone (That would be great but I don´t think so, but you never know)

Thanks already!

John
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-05-27 09:41, Dr. Eamon wrote:
I would be happy to buy this effect it looks like a great side effect to other things I do whit cell phones.

But I´m afraid it will not be possible whit any phone easily. I think I will have to mute the original ringtone and that this will be a problem. I have examined my Samsung and I see no options to do this easily, the same whit my wives phone a Sony Ericsson, no easy mute option and both phones are just a few months old. I can stop the ringtone very fast by pushing the volume down bottom on the side but not as in the demo and this will give a massage in the display that we don´t want people to see…

That’s the reason I have my doubts on buying this one and I have not always the possibility to choose from 2 or more phones as I like to present it one on one and I don´t want to be hassling too much to find the right phone for the effect.

-> Can anyone tell me if it´s easy to mute the original ringtone on any phone… or maybe it´s something in the gimmick that mutes the phone (That would be great but I don´t think so, but you never know)

Thanks already!

John

Hi John,

A simple workaround would be to "play" with your friends phone and check to see if it will work with the gimmick. A lot of phones have two buttons on the side that toggle between silent,vibrate,vibrate+ring and ring. I always ask if I can check out someone's phone if they don't mind. (I like electronics).

Take care,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
acedrew
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of acedrew
Can someone answer my question listed above
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2009-05-26 19:53, acedrew wrote:
Ok I have a question for adam.... for this trick will you need big hands to conceal the gimmick?

also can you really get any song the person thinks of off the top of their head without any preperation or prior knowledge to what they will pick?

please respond....
P.S. Your tricks look great.........

The answer would be no. You cannot allow them to pick just any song and make their cell phone ringer play it. It also doesn't work on 99.9 % of cell phones. Unless of course four different brands(that I know of) only constitute 1% of the full market of cell phones out there. I'm sure there are more phones it won't work on, but I have only discovered four. It's more like 65-70% of phones it will work on. In fairness, you can't make it work on all phones. Some phones will make a noise when you adjust the ringer volume, like mine does. No way around it. Most peolple I know have the same type of phone, or they have a Blackberry. Perhaps Adam could let everyone know just exactly what phones are capable without further handling that will only become suspicious.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ringtone by Adam Grace (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL