The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tally ho or bikes? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2009-01-22 07:28, KRZ4kardz wrote:

Steve, which design do you prefer 3 wing or 4 wing (center)?
BTW it is a nice back design...

IF I remember correctly, it was the 4. I think because fellow Cardguys
would always accuse me of using a one-way.

But it's been so long, I can't even say for sure... my neurons ain't what they used
to be....

SEY
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
Roger, believe it or not, that exact phrase is copyrighted. Paul Cummins...

I know - I've just ordered the notes from him!!

That's why I italicised it and added, "to coin a phrase." I don't think I need to justify it but here goes: I think it shows that I recognise the relevance and importance of the 'phrase' and even more, reiterate it. But thanks for the legal input Steven. Are you insinuating that I cannot quote such copyrighted words? How would we refer to it? How would we say it? Good heavens, how would we order one from Paul? Or would you prefer it if I used a Havard or Oxford referencing system?

For goodness sake Steven, do what you do best, and impart your wonderful knowledge and quit picking holes in others' posts whilst at the same time proving your arrogance. Wind your neck in, I'm kinda tired of it!
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Hi Mick,

The STUD cards I use I buy from the USA when I lecture/visit. And, a friend of mine (from Boston) sends me some from time to time...

I love them...especially when they get older/more used; they get better!!!

Paul Gordon
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2009-01-22 19:37, Roger Kelly wrote:

For goodness sake Steven, do what you do best, and impart your wonderful knowledge and quit picking holes in others' posts whilst at the same time proving your arrogance. Wind your neck in, I'm kinda tired of it!

You're gun shy, Roger-- I just thought it was interesting and was kinda hoping it would give my friend Paul a boost in sales. Calm down there, sparky-- no harm meant!

SEY
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I both Bikes and Tallys. Lately, my favorite LOOKING card are the Wynn purple and dark red backed decks. I just love'em. However, I often have difficulty getting a good faro with them, and in my regualar work, I faro a lot.
ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
A thread like this appears every fortnight...
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
I just thought it was interesting and was kinda hoping it would give my friend Paul a boost in sales. Calm down there, sparky-- no harm meant

Fair enough. It just read it as a kinda attack. I read many of your posts and by your own admittance, some tend to be a little on the, shall we say, abrasive side. It's almost impossible to judge intent in text and I suppose I quickly jumped to wrong conclusion in this case. No harm done.

But you're right, it does get FASDIU more exposure for Paul. Let's bump it back to the top!
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2009-01-23 03:59, Roger Kelly wrote:

Fair enough. It just read it as a kinda attack. I read many of your posts and by your own admittance, some tend to be a little on the, shall we say, abrasive side. It's almost impossible to judge intent in text and I suppose I quickly jumped to wrong conclusion in this case. No harm done.

Yeah-- it is one of my shortcomings. Left over from a previous occupation in my youth. But I'm working on it.

SEY
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Several knowledgeable people who should know have said that Tally Ho and Bicycle cards are made from the exact same stock.

Even though I use Bicycle cards exclusively now, my favorite brand will always be Tally Ho Circle Backs - red, of course. ;-) And, the new black Tally Ho Circle Backs are pretty sharp looking.

Robert

PS - Ghostpianist is right.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I've never seen black circle backs, I'll bet they are cool!
keith1569
View Profile
New user
California
87 Posts

Profile of keith1569
The black ones are ok imo..i am not to crazy about them cause they just seen kinda dull hah..i guess cuase they are black

but hurrary for tally-ho circle back!!
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
This topic is continued at Tally Ho or Bicycle?

See also:
Regular Tally-Hos or Regular Bikes?

Also see the longer topic Bicycle cards aginst Tally-ho's (my opinion), which starts with a different question, but ends up with a discussion of the issue this topic is about.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tally ho or bikes? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL