The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking and your hosts Gazzo & Mario (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Gazzo
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Gazzo
In actual fact we have another surprise, this is really heating up to be the best event of the year. I just secured the Great Simono. People have had problems putting on a clowns nose, this guy is going to be coming to the workshop to educate people on how to put on a clowns nose properly without the use of elastic that goes around your head. This is exciting people! So bring your own nose. We will see you there!
( this cost me a lot of $ to get him there, all out of my pocket )
He will also take you out for all the curry you can eat.
Gazzo
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Gazzo
For those of you who are wondering why I am doing a workshop with Mario Morris....

Reasons being is that I couldn't really pick a better partner. Mario's credential speak for itself. He has worked hard to get where he is. The only thing that is bigger than his crowds is his heart. Its in the right place. I remember when Mario first came to my workshop way back when, Simon Jackson pieced together a leture tour for me in England. It was actually Simon's idea to do a C&B workshop.In actual fact the whole idea was Simon Jackson idea in the beginning. It all grew from that. Maybe he might come down and say hello. Mario was one of the students but he was already seasoned at that point. I could tell he has been street performing for a number of years. For him to swallow his pride and come to a workshop after street performing for 10 years or so , to me that's an honorable thing. No matter how professional there is always room to learn. And Mario has progressed even more into a seasoned entertainer and teacher. He's learned his methods in the trenches. This is what I've told everybody and still do. If you take up street performing and stick at it you will become good at it. Mario is a classic example of this. I'm honored to be working with him and really pleased to have seen him grow.
Gazzo
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
THIS IS BIG!

gazzo, mario, thanks for doing this for busking.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
For an american street magician this is mecca.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Gazzo thanks man, youve made me blush.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Extended History of The Schol of Busking

The School of Busking was an idear that came up with for the British Circus/juggerling convention that I organized in 2001. A number of busking jugglers attended. I then went on to do it in Europeain juggerling convention twice and then British once again. I then went to the Gazzo work shop which my now good pal Simon Jackson (Where the heck are you?) organized, which was a diffrent thing altogether but a great highlight in my performing life.

The whole convention attracted over 1500 juggerlers and is well known in the World of uk Jugerlers. .

It was about taeching performing skills not magic but with Gazzo on board and now another one of my heros Cellini, we will be teaching Magic and whole lot more that I could not even scratch on by my self. Never before have I taught any one how to do magic but I have taught performers how to busk.

The first Schools I ran in Cardiff attracted 7 circus performers and 3 magic performers

I say this because I really want to reach out to the Crircus world I would love some of thoes fellas to come as well. So if you know any jugglers let them know.

Their you go the conpleteat history of the School of Busking.
Mario
PS. I am a juggerler but I have not icluded juggerling in my street show for over 10yrs even thoe I like to toss off as offten as possible
mslj
View Profile
New user
Bradford, England
95 Posts

Profile of mslj
Hey Mario

I'm here, lurking as always in the background.

Gazzo, you could never master the art of putting on a clowns nose, in fact you were the only student who screwed it all up.

Yes, I starting the ball rolling in 2004 (Gazzo On Tour in 2004) it cost me my marriage, my reputation, all that was good in my life!! It spawned page after page of discussion of the Gazzo style, clones, workshops and so on. All I got out of it was a large therapy bill and several strange nights in hotel rooms with Gazzo - I think Liverpool and the mad Dutchman stands out for me!

Despite all the pain and suffering, the nervous disorder, Gazzo leading me to ruin in betting shops and horses, having to buy crap off Mario every year at Blackpool, I still recommend the weekend in June highly, if you don't go - your loss!

After reading my post above about the quiet moments, I just want to give you an example. I flew over to Ireland in 2004 to a small convention with Gazzo - this was the one where the kid that was helping him out at the Gala show told Gazzo to **** off.

Post show Gazzo and Wayne Dobson spent some time chatting about routines, particularly the origin of Wayne's vent routine and then just traded jokes and one liners for the rest of the night. Now I've been to my fair share of lectures and talks but there was more value to be had in that conversation than all the lectures put together.

So Gazzo, Cellini and little ol' Mario informally discussing busking. You can't put a price on it.

(By the way if you're going to Blackpool this year make sure you get up to Mario's table on the dealers balcony, some nice little bargains to be had.)

Simon
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Simon
My man, I am glad your alive I missed seeing yu at Black pool and every other street corner.

My marriage, my reputation and all that seemed good fell apart, by the sounds of things about the same time. Mind you for all diffrent reasons we where simply not happy. Today I getting their, I have meet a great woman Veronica live work travel and any more detail I will get baned from hear. Mandy my X and I are now good freands and have a far better understanding of each other than when we where married.

So in reflection their is a silver lining in every black cloud.

I have reserved you your place at School, it is not the master class as you know it. But I guess a melting pot of diffrent back grounds as I metioned before your thread.

Talk about changing the subject by hay I am real glad to hear from you, you have been missed in the real World.
Keep on keeping on.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Folks, this is now turning into a Buskers Rock festavel.

I am currently in Cardiff been Busking in the Central had some great sized crowds. I had magicain from the local club hear who signed up after watching my show, that realy made my day. Smile

After Gazzo secured Cellini for us we have increased the places by 10 so their will be max 30 students to cover increasing expenses. We are now half full, folks I am heading to the biggest Magic Convention in the World today armed with flyers about Gazzo and Cellini and little ol me(thanks Simon). I have my School of Busking flyers under my arm and we are going to push this thing real hard now. So if you want a place get your enrolment and payment in NOW

I have been staying at the Packpackers hostel where I have arrange for us or to stay in Cardiff which I now can confirm is more than a great place. Formerly a pub, pool tables, leather coaches, hamocks in the lounge, and increaderbly trendy, the staff are great the music rocks. Staff never close the Bar. Once you you had enough comfy bunks clean and tidy and bliss.

Last night I performed my show their, It seemed that every resident of the hostel turned out icluding locals.They awarded me with the NosDa award last night which is an resdent award, nice.

This place is big with 200 beds and I would guess 4 star standard, no staff member has corrected me and said it is 5star packpackkers standard the only one in the UK that has reached 5star, I mean this place has even got a full scale gym.

I will try to cheque my email in the next few days, but I am off to Black pool just now. This is it folks the final count down, final confermation of your place will have to be confirmed through Veronica or my self ONLY, as I will be signing up folk at the convention. Their in no securing a place with out at least a deposit, period even if you asked Gazzo, no deposit no Guarrented place, sorry.

Mario
Hernan
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
126 Posts

Profile of Hernan
Hey I emailed for more payment instructions and never got a reply!!

whats up?
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Someone mentions clown noses and Hernan busts through the door...shoulda seen that one coming!
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Sincerely, this may be the most important event in performing magic on the street that has ever or will ever happen. A true once in a lifetime endeavor. Wow.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Perhaps you should add that Sonny guy while he's stuck over there, too...
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
As reqwested the School of Busking now has an Inner Circle on facebook for confirmed students.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=52901764542
Or Search on facebook = School of Busking Inner Circle 2009
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
For any one that is showing interest you can join school of busking and buskers on the road. Which are both on facebook.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Just an up date
17 students have nw signed up enrolment forms are coming in.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
3 past students of mine have booked back on the course, one of which is repersenting raidio 4, which is qwite big in the UK. His presenter will be present but wont be a particapating student. A 30min programe will be made about street performing/busking and aired out to over 11 million folk.

That brings us up to 19 students.
Door is slowly closing folks
Mario
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Mario, Thanks for the update. The radio publicity should serve you well. Big hats to you!
The presentation makes the magic.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
"radio 4, which is quite big in the UK"
Bit of an understatement!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Yes this will be good for the School and busking in genrale.
Brining busking into the public eye and all that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking and your hosts Gazzo & Mario (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL