The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking and your hosts Gazzo & Mario (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hay James
I remember the time we worked Cardiff back to back, you know the score on Cardiff,
Good times.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Good news, I have managed to secure rooms in a hostal for £20 pounds a night, not only that it includes breakfast, over looking the Cardiff river taff, right next to Cardiff Castle, 15 min walk to the workshop space. You will share with three other students from the course, no strangers. This means all the fun of the day will run into the night. Your £20 includes:

• FREE Breakfast
• FREE Tea and Coffee all day
• FREE Bed Linen and Duvets use (we make your bed for you, perhaps Gazzo)
• FREE City Map On Arrival
• FREE Use of Lockers
• FREE Wireless Broadband
• FREE DVD Hire
• Laundry Facility
• Luggage Storage
• Towl Hire
• Iron and Hair dryer hire
• No curfew
• Fully Equipped Kitchen
• Individual Bathrooms - No Cubicles
• Cosy Lounge With Wii, DVDs, Books and a 42 inch LCD TV
• Blooming Garden

What more can I say, if you prefer to sort out your own accomodation Gazzo and myself will not be offended by any means in fact we are at hand to find you your perfect pad/hotel.

On arrival you just check in and make your payment to the hostal direct and job done.
These rooms are limited, I like to give these as a priority to overseas students to help keep their cost down but it has to be first come first served. Please email/pm ASAP. For those who have already booked your place contact me just to confirm that you’re happy with this arrangment.
This course is getting better and better I am very excited.
Mario
Skotster
View Profile
Regular user
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
109 Posts

Profile of Skotster
There is no way I'll be able to go in June this year. Will this be repeated later in the year or next year?

@JohntheMagician: if they do this again perhaps we could go together. with a long flight across the water I'd prefer to know who is sitting next to me on the plane.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Their are no plans for a future event.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Infromation is coming out thick and fast, I am trying to keep up.

More good news, been talking to Gazzo we are both wanting to give 100 percent to you all. Their is no extra charge, we just want to be able to include bonus material for you, this corse will run untill the eveings 9, 10pm. It will not finish at 5pm as I stated to a few folk. Then we can return to the hostel if you like for more they have a lounge their.

Things like Melini egg bag, Gazzo tossed out deck, use and no use of amp,s voice projection. I will cover the psychology of attracting an audience, entertaining an audience, keeping your audience, opening and closing pitches, hat lines, passing the hat, travelling, life styles, working small festivals, markets and fairs. As a bounus I will include a Grafters (pitchman) work-shop, right down to where I buy my stock both in Eruope and the US this is a free bonus materal and I will teach how this can benefit the busker.These three angles I call The Milking stool solution which has kept me afloat for over 15 years. This will be the first time I will reveal my working whole working solution.

I will add it hear because a hanfull have asked, do you have to buy the Gazzo pouch and cups to be on this corse, the simple answer is no. We are asking you to bring you own kit and idears for a street show. If you want to borrow a set we have a limited sets, which I think their is only 2 sets left to borrow so let us know when you enrole. Most students are brining their own rigs.
Mario
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
554 Posts

Profile of vernon
Yup Mario, I remember, good times were had...and that night out really screwed up our work ethic for the next day...ah cest le vie...looks like its going to be a great event...wish I could come but the streets are calling me in Aus...keep on keeping on...both of you..

Love and respect

James James
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
WOW!

Mario this is great! I know you have spent a lot of time pitching as well as street performing. Do you ever combine the two?

Best,

Dan-

Quote:
On 2009-01-26 11:08, Mario Morris wrote:
Infromation is coming out thick and fast, I am trying to keep up.

More good news, been talking to Gazzo we are both wanting to give 100 percent to you all. Their is no extra charge, we just want to be able to include bonus material for you, this corse will run untill the eveings 9, 10pm. It will not finish at 5pm as I stated to a few folk. Then we can return to the hostel if you like for more they have a lounge their.

Things like Melini egg bag, Gazzo tossed out deck, use and no use of amp,s voice projection. I will cover the psychology of attracting an audience, entertaining an audience, keeping your audience, opening and closing pitches, hat lines, passing the hat, travelling, life styles, working small festivals, markets and fairs. As a bounus I will include a Grafters (pitchman) work-shop, right down to where I buy my stock both in Eruope and the US this is a free bonus materal and I will teach how this can benefit the busker.These three angles I call The Milking stool solution which has kept me afloat for over 15 years. This will be the first time I will reveal my working whole working solution.

I will add it hear because a hanfull have asked, do you have to buy the Gazzo pouch and cups to be on this corse, the simple answer is no. We are asking you to bring you own kit and idears for a street show. If you want to borrow a set we have a limited sets, which I think their is only 2 sets left to borrow so let us know when you enrole. Most students are brining their own rigs.
Mario

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Danny
Thanks for your kind words of surport.

I have been known 2 but it is not a set practise. If I do then it is never on the streets but rather a market where my pitchstand becomes a blow off. A bit like an in house magican with back room table sales for after the show. This I don't consider as pitching but rather a blow off.

Ive got some photage of me pitching I ask Veronica to post up for a bit on youtube at some point.

Remember folks the Grafters workshop is a free bounus, it will take just 2hours to cover but a vauable tool that you can use. It is also a great lesson in crowd pulling. 2 fold reason I am including this is 1= I want to show you every asspect of my work which I call the Milking stool solution. 2 It is a way to make money if you ever find your self court out by a winter season. The Miliking stool solution will enable you never to be out of work and never have long term bookings unless you want them. Its the idear of surporting a buskers life on the Road so you can go where you like when ever you like and you can leave plastic home. Can be appliead both short (3 mounths) or long term trips (life).
Mario
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Mario, Gazzo: sounds like - with a lot of organization of camera people, sound technicians, DVD burning etc. etc. - you could use such an occasion in the future to put out a set of DVDs a. for instructing for those who don't get to attend for one reason or another b. so you two can make some follow-up income.
However, being present is inspirational in the way that filming/DVD lacks. All the best for the event.
The presentation makes the magic.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
At this stage their is filming planned.
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Is there an age limit? Also here are some questions: I've never ben busking before, can I still benefit from this event? I don't do strait jacket escaped, do I have to? also what about card magic, will there be any card magic? How about coin magic? Thank's for taking the time to answer these questions. Thank's! ps. is there any chance that someone from the students could go out busking in the real world with either one of you?
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Best to contact me via email on mario.morris@hotmail.co.uk all we can talk through skype.
Just to answer a few no you don't need a stait jacket nor are we teaching it, but someone could bring one if that is part of their normal show. Yes I do think you can benerfit. I am sure their will be cards and coins around. The main aim of the corse is laid out at the begining of this thread.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Gazzo pouches are or out on loan now, we have a few more cups that I can get my hands on if needed let me know. None of the cups are for sale they are Gazzo workshop cups. He will make up a few more pouches if needed.

I am hitting the rd shortly today but will look at my email freqwently.
Mario
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
If you are an american busker just starting out please go to this school.

you'd be doing our country, your audience and your self a huge service.

if you have some lame excuse like you don't got money for air fare check out;

http://www.airtech.com/
Skotster
View Profile
Regular user
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
109 Posts

Profile of Skotster
Quote:
On 2009-01-30 16:17, jimmy talksalot wrote:

if you have some lame excuse like you don't got money for air fare...

is having a real job a lame excuse? I'm going to have to crunch numbers and make some phone calls to see if I can free up my schedule to go.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Yes, it it is read my book.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Jimmy, I met a 29 year old black guy named Ony. He tells me he knows you from New Orleans. Do you know who I am talking about?
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Yep.

if he's got his guitar have him sing for you he's good. so's his close up work.

although I thought his name was spelled O-N-E.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You spelled it right. I was not sure if you were going to understand it as One.

At this moment his guitar is in the pawn shop. I helped supported him in getting his amplifier out.

He showed me his close-up with coins. I like his smooth moves.

His girlfriend and her children are in my area too presently.

He brags about you at times. I told him I have your book.

He is here to help his mother. It is a bad time for his talent because of the cold weather. I will tell him you said "hi".
Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
Hi Mario,

This sounds great! I'm definitley interested! Could you pm me a tentative schedule so I can start figuring out my flights and such to the UK?

Many thanks!

Allan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking and your hosts Gazzo & Mario (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL