The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super SImple Q and A- Lizards Launch (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Hey Everyone, Just a quickie, since you can visit our site for all the details. We are releasing a monograph this week which details a Super Simple approach to Q and A. Among other things, it addresses the issue of the Lag time when the questions are being written and collected and eliminates it from the performance totally.

Before Feb 15, there is a discount as well!

Just a Heads Up. Drop me a PM if you have any questions, with everyone's dollars stretched as tight as can be, best to ask questions before you buy!

Dean

http://www.leapinglizardsmagic.com/supersimpleqa.htm
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Okay, let me start off with a disclaimer: Most of you know that I am one of the authors in the stable of writers for Leaping Lizards Publishing. That being said, I don't think that disqualifies me from complimenting and commenting upon another author's work that I find truly worth mentioning. Neither Dean nor Starke have asked me to write this. But I felt compelled.

So . . . on to "Super Simple Q and A" by Starke.

Even the most casual lurker to this site knows there has been increased interest in the Q & A Act. I've been doing a no-questions asked version of my own for years and have not seen as much heated interest as now appears. Perhaps its the well publicized Oracle Act performed by Derren Brown, or the plethora of other writings (some very expensive) on the subject, or the hint (promise) by some that by doing such an act you gain instant recognition as a true mindreader (dare I use the term "psychic"?) that has caused this old gem to resurface. Perhaps it's just time for it to be discussed again. Irrespective of the reason, Starke's "Super Simple Q and A" could not be more apropos for anyone seeking to add this type of routine to their range of skills.

I like Starke's writing style, humor, and candor. More importantly, he gets right to heart of the matter and the point of the effect/routine/staging. Starke's method is "Super Simple" and you can play it out in your head as he describes what happens along the way. You don't need an impression device. You don't need super-secret, double probation envelopes. You don't need code words. You don't need . . . anything but some business cards, a pen/pencil, and an envelope to perform this.

Indeed, Starke's method is so clever that I'm tempted to start using it just for the FUN of it all!

Bear in mind, Starke's book will not make you an instant, just-add-water mindreader! He is providing you with a devilish technique that can be modified to fit your style and working environment. You still need to add the practice, the personaility, and the charm! (I add one caveat: some of you, not all, may want to add some additional "business" to your presentation to explain why anything is written down in the first place - something that is not covered in the book).

I highly recommend Starke's creation to anyone interested in a solid Q&A Act (even if you are already doing one as I believe your own creativity will be sparked by this one).

Just some thoughts. Enjoy. - Scott Grossberg
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Anymore reviews on this? It sounds very promising. Might have to get this soon
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I ordered it. Only $15.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
This is an incredible idea. While I have stated elsewhere in these green hills that I do not perform Q & A, because I agree (with the author) that this should be "played straight" to be most effective. This is why I do not perform it, though many may disagree with my thinking (especially after watching Derren, as stated by Mr. Grossberg).

What Starke and Leaping Lizards have provided is a fantastically workable method that will make you smile (with the deviously simple method). When I read this I really thought... no way (in a happy sense). The more I thought about this the more that warm feeling spread. This must work beautifully and I am sure it does.

If you are interested in studying more about, or looking for practical methodology this is the ticket. For the reasonable pricetag (or for any price), you simply can't go wrong with "Super Simple Q & A".

Highly recommended.

Sean
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
My copy of Super Simple Q & A arrived today and I am quite pleased with the ideas/presentation and methodology.
An added plus is that it is a reasonable price for a good performance piece.

This is definitely a series of ideas/tools/presentations I will keep and use when needed.
It is workable and easy.
100% true add copy.

I would have added the following to the advertising copy.

That it could be done impromptu almost at a moments notice.

Literally an act that one could put together and perform with borrowed items.

An act that can be done at a banquet or theater show.
Yep an act that if you needed to could be done with borrowed objects.

And that you could be paid over a thousand dollars for.
(If you put the work into scripting and rehearsal).

Yep if a wrote the advertising copy things like that would be included.
Also I might raise the price about five to ten bucks.
But I have great admiration for clever and well considered things such as this.

Now to answer the questions I know may be coming via PM let me answer publicly.

It is something I would have immediately placed into my shows maybe five years ago.
Why is that you may ask?
Why not now?

Let me explain in the interest of full disclosure.

It was a purchase made to confirm that it was not similar to a methodology/presentation from my own work.
This is something I think all creators do. It is especially nice when checking unearths a good idea
that is not like a presentation/methodology of your own.
(And one you find to be of value and will be used in the future).

That is just the case in this instance.
I am pleased on both counts.
(This is often the case for me when purchasing things that interest me from Leaping Lizards).

Side note: If you do not have it, definitely purchase Hidden Numerical Forces when you go to pick this current offering up.
It is great and loaded with killer ideas and tools.

Now back to S.S. Q & A.
It is the type of thing that moves me.
Everything Sean posted in his review I agree with..

Good deal for anyone looking for a simple Q&A in fact there are two presentations.
And I like both.

Heck why would anyone want a hard Q&A presentation.

Thanks,

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Thank you Jim (& Sean)!

Nathan
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
No problem man.

I just offered my opinion.

Dean & Stark have offered the presentation.

-Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
All,

I just purchased this.

I will give my review once I receive the ebook.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Just got this and read it through!

Like the ad says....SUPER SIMPLE!!!

I like it!!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
BMWGuy, is that the review? come on......
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Joe,

As I have not used this I cannot say how it plays, but after reading it I can definately see myself using this.
It is super simple, and leaves everything to presentation.

you get a 12 pg booklet, with history of question and answer, devious method, and alternate handlings

I recommend it highly

alex
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Ordered this yesterday- still waiting for it to "leap" into my inbox... Am looking forward to it.
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
It has leapt and been received...

Genius- one of my best recent purchases. Simple by definition but allows you to build an elaborate and highly effective act.

This has re-sparked my thoughts about Q&A.

This is one of those pieces that you are glad to receive but simultaneously wish had never been released (especially at this insane price).

If you do a lot of corporate work- this is an ideal resource.
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
More than 9 years since the last post on this thread. I actually found the thread a few years back searching for Q and A routines.

I never was able to buy a copy of this manuscript. It seems long out of print and one place that advertised having a copy must not have as they never shipped it.

So, without knowing how the actual method worked, I thought about how I would do this, using the ad description as my guide.

Using a few classic techniques, I was able to come up with workable approach that satisfies all of the requirements as described in the ad.

Not sure if my approach is exactly how the author did it, but I'm guessing I'm close. It really is quite a clever routine. All you need is a small stack of business cards and a few other items which can be purchased inexpensively at a dollar shop or office supply store. No DIY craftwork involved and no gimmicks.

Looking forward to trying it out now.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Anyone want to sell theirs?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2018, Jerskin wrote:
Anyone want to sell theirs?

Mine was was in ebook form.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Looks like Daytona Magic has some hard copies. Maybe.

https://www.daytonamagic.com/super-simpl......762.html
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks, I sent them a message
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
If you do happen to get the booklet, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super SImple Q and A- Lizards Launch (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL