The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Coins (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
How are the Tango coins? I never really did much in the way of coin magic however, I was looking at getting a few gimmicks like an expanded shell, flipper, and a shim. I am stuck between johnson coins and tango. Thoughts? The good, the bad, and the ugly... what do people think?

-DJ
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
I don't own Tango products, so I can't comment on them. But I do own Johnson products...I own a Quarter, Kennedy and an Ike expanded shell and I absolutely love all of them! For the price, you can't go wrong with Johnson, in my opinion.

P.S. The Eisenhower expanded shell is fantastic!

-Vinny
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Johnson coins are a step above Tango coins.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
It's a very interesting post !!!!

I loved the Johnson's coin until I knew our own coins. Now, I have two loves.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3408 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Just noticed that Tango is offering a "Slippery Sam" style gimmick. Interesting.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Quote:
On 2009-01-24 14:08, Stanyon wrote:
Just noticed that Tango is offering a "Slippery Sam" style gimmick. Interesting.

Cheers! Smile

It's terrific too!! Like all Tango products, quality of build is the main consideration. Mr. Tango has almost all of my coin business now. I couldn't be happier than I am with his products. Try one or two. I'm sure you could get a refund if you don't like them. I can't imagine not liking any gaffed coin Tango makes. I have 9 of them now and will be buying many more.

I have a few Johnson products: an old $1.35 set from 10 years ago, a Magnetic Copper/Silver set, and an expanded shell British penny. They are great quality too. I bought the English penny shell and Magnetic Copper/silver right here on the Magic Café in the for-sale column. I got them unused for half price, so I couldn't resist the bargain. They work and look great. I'll still be buying Tango coins unless a bargain crops up for coins made by others. Tango quality is my standard now and it's a high standard indeed for me. I have a few Asian made gaffed coins and they are pretty much all sub-standard quality. They live in that drawer we all have of useless or badly made magic.

Give Tango a try. You will be glad you did.

dsalley13
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
I own tango shells and such.They do work for me.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5964 Posts

Profile of motown
Does anyone have a a Tango 2 Euro coin in bottle? How does it compare to the US coin version in terms of appearance/deceptiveness?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I have the Tango Kennedy half flipper and shell and it works nicely for a quick 3-fly. I just got an Eisenhower dollar shell as well and as soon as it dulls down a bit to match the other coins (maybe I'll shine the others up) I'll use them for a coins across or matrix routine.

Kozmo had a set of Liberty halfs which looked great, better than Tango's, but they were three or four times more expensive.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
On Saturday I was able to try a Tango Gravity flipper(Clad Kennedy) IMHO it worked well, and was offered at a good price.

I have a quarter sized CSB set amd with a US .25, a euro dollar and .50 euro that I like.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Tango makes a good coin for the price. Where Tango falls short is the instructions for the gimmicks. They are written in very broken English and often incorrect.

Johnsons are a step above in precision quality. Johnsons are about as close to highline types such as Schoolcraft or Lassen you can get from the commerical market.

If Schoolcrafts are the Rolls Royce, Johnsons would be the Lexus or Cadillac, Tango would be the nicer Buick or Toyota luxury... the others well, they would be the economy cars....

If you cannot get a Lassen or Schoolcraft - Johnson is the best buy for the money - if you cant get a Johnson in what you need, then Tango.

We carry both companies items and appreciate them.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Let us not forget Bob Swadling in there... his work is AT LEAST Mercedes

-DJ
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
I own a number of Tango gaffs and am happy with each of them.
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
ladirector
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of ladirector
Sasco is a US company similar in quality to Tango.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4955 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have two TANGO Coins and they works very well. I use them in real life, Im not a collector.
Good quality.
MacIrish
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MacIrish
I've had a Tango Kennedy Flipper for a few weeks now. I had a problem with getting it open and then having it stay open (lay down on the pad and not flip up and close. I've been carefully stretching it by opening it up and putting a few coins on it so that it would lie down flat. Now the "work" is obvious on the back side when it is closed, now that it is no longer tight.

Anyone else have this problem or perhaps a fix for it?
manreb
View Profile
Special user
653 Posts

Profile of manreb
I own the four in one I figured I could use it on some routines that use this type of gaff and if I enjoyed the results would invest in a higher quality gaff.

Although the coverage on the shells are poor, they are adequate when placed on a close up mat or controlled in the hand.

The problem is that the final coin is not milled. I contacted Tango and got a quick response;

“The edge of this coin is like this because we had to make a thinner coin and it's very very difficult re make the original edge. Actually we could make it but the set would be more expensive still. Anyway, when we introduce this trick we thought that the magicians show this coin only a second and they never have to give this coin to be checked. So, it's not necessary to make the original edge in this coin.
In despite my opinion, if you want to have this coin with the real edge, we could make it specially for you. Let me know and we think the price.

Bye.

Marcelo Insúa
Director
Tango Magic
Phone 5411 43047212
Fax 5411 43049336
http://www.tangomagic.com”

I haven't asked about cost, no sense in throwing good money after bad. It appears that Tango’s design was single purpose.

Joe
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I own several folding coins from Tango and they are fantastic! The edging is a step up from others and the use of elastic over bands means I can adjust the tension to my own needs.

I've also found Tango to be very helpful when I have emailed them.

I'd give them my highest recommendation.
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
magicator
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of magicator
I may be wrong, but I believe Johnson coins can only be purchased from magic dealers, while the Tango coins can be purchased directly from them. In the end it does not matter. I like to buy from dealers as it keeps the business running...
quality wise I have both Johnson coins and Tango coins. They were much cheaper than some of their competitors would sell them for, but of the highest quality.
I have also been very happy with the Tango service despite some language barrier they were very friendly and did their level best to help me.
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Almost all my coin products are Tango
CSB, Hopping Half, Shells.
Works for me very good
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Coins (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL