The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Coins (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
My last post was on May 17, now posting July 11... still haven't gotten my replacement coins. Mr. Tango claimed I didn't include a shipping address with my coins... the shipping address that I included in BOLD PRINT, to make sure that it wasn't lost.
I've gone back and forth in PM's with this guy, and I will never, NEVER order anything from MR. Tango ever again.
Steer clear... you can get Johnson stuff much easier. It may be a bit pricier, but it's quality. I wouldn't even be posting here if the Tango coins I ordered were decent.
My Tango Tangle began in mid April, and I still have no coins. 3 months for CRAP?
Nope, 3 months for NOTHING.
Krintz
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
801 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
WOW. Smile that's not good. X
Maker of Copper /Silver coin gaffs +

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Mr Krintz,

You sent your coins by air regular mail and it delay 30 days to arrive. We sent to you a new Eisenhower flipper coin a new Eisenhaer expanded shell and a Tango Flying Coins DVD as a gif at least 10 days ago. You should receive the coins in some days.
Tomorrow (today I can't because I'n not in my office) I will check in the post with the number of the letter and I will let you know.
I have just asked to you the shipping address to be sure where we should send the coins.But you can be sure that we sent the coins.

Bye.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
I have just checked my PMs and we received your coins Jun 19 and we sent the coins Jun 25, Just 6 days later to reveive them.
You will be receiving your coins in some days.
I really worked to get your satisfaction as costumer, but I can't make nothing to accelerate the post times.
Please let me know when receive the coins.

Bye.
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
I sent my coins back to you the cheapest way I could. How much more money was I supposed to put into these coins? You are sending me a DVD which I don't care about. I didn't order a DVD,and don't neeed one. The bottom line is that I am now paying much more for my coins, and you are blaming ME for sending regular air mail.
The fact that you waited 6 days before sending me my coins confuses me. Why did you wait so long when you had an angry customer on your hands? Imagine walking into a store to return a product, and having to wait 6 days!
As I've said before, this all could have been avoided if the coins were quality in the first place. But not one, BOTH coins were unacceptable.
This is why I will not do business with you ever again.
I hope I have been clear. If you have any questions, let me know.
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
The tango coins I recieved were not nearly as good as my schoolcraft and lassen set...The gravity flipper bares a very similar look inside to jamie's. I suggest these coins to a hobbiest, not a working magician who plans on using the coins in performance. the seam was very visible compared to my schoolcraft set, not to mention it isn't weighted enough.
**--snap--**
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
801 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
You CAN NOT compare any other coin gaffs to Lassen or Schoolcraft. From what I have seen ! And I have seen a lot of coin gaffs.
Maker of Copper /Silver coin gaffs +

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
Okay, lets put it this way, a johnson flipper with a bigger band is better than my tango gravity flipper. but you are right, my lassen and schoolcraft sets are near impossible to beat.
**--snap--**
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
TWOCAN and snap,
I agree with you both. And let me make clear, I was not expecting Schoolcraft or Lassen quality. I have a Schoolcraft 64 flipper, and a Johnson 64 shell, and they're amazing. In fact, I have a slew of Johnson stuff that I love. I heard that Tango quality had improved, so I gave him a try. It's always exciting to make a new discovery that works out well. This one didn't. Oh, well... it ain't the end of the world. Live and learn.
By the way, I promised Mr. Tango that, if my replacement coins are quality, I will post here that they are. I still will. I am not interested in slamming anyone. It may very well be that if you can examine the coins first hand before buying, you may get a good deal.
It simply wasn't worth the hassle to me.
Krintz
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
OK, my coins finally arrived about a half hour ago.
The shell is quite nice. Because it is tails, 'flattening' is less noticable than the heads one I returned. Side coverage is fine. This is a very nice coin, and I look forward to using it. Good job, Mr. Tango.
My flipper is a 1972, not the '74 I requested. My first one WAS a 74, but the back was a 76 Bicentennial... don't know why I didn't get the year requested this time. The cut on the back is quite noticable, but I will undo it and try to get it to seat/fit better. I've done this before on a Johnson with success. Also, I'll need to put a bigger elastic on it, so it's more like a grav. To make a matching set, I'll have to get a few 72's at the coin shop. So.. more hassle than I'd prefer.
It's a shame that this transaction went the way it did. I would recommend the Ike tails shell but for the fact that you may or may not get what you want the first time. If you return something, expect to pay additional shipping, and expect a very long wait. If you could examine one at a magic shop, that'd be the way to go.
Krintz
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2319 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I just got my 1st set of Tango coins. I picked up a 2 Copper, 1 Silver set. I have owned Johnson, Schoolcraft, Lassen, Sterling, and Sasco... I don't even know how I ended up with the Sasco.

Anyway, I have found that my tango coins certainly get the job done. No problem at all really, I am pretty happy with my purchase. The quality is just as good as Johnson in my opinion.

I think of my coins as tools instead of collectors props. My coins get used quite a bit. I don't even care if they are dropped. They will still fool the hell out of my audiences.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Hey Brian, what made you decide to go with 2 Copper 1 Silver instead of Copper Silver Brass. I assume Tango sells both, though I didn't check. Do you have a specific routine that requires that set?
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I bought a Tango half dollar shell from Josh Jay. It is a heads side shell, and I must admit that the relief is pretty nonexistent. I also bought a standard flipper, and it looks very good. Both coins were very inexpensive ($25.00 each), so no worries. I'm not sure I will use the shell, but I think we magicians may overthink the appearance of these gaffs. We like to have the best, but does the casual spectator even notice? Not in my experience.
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
OK, I just opened up my flipper and swapped the out bands. So, now I have a grav Ike, that works fine. Next, gotta get some matching 72's.
Sammy, if the relief is REALLY bad, a spec might very well notice. That's why I went for a tails for my replacement. Relief is less of an issue usually on tails.
Krintz
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2319 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Quote:
On 2009-07-13 23:23, Sammy J. wrote:
Hey Brian, what made you decide to go with 2 Copper 1 Silver instead of Copper Silver Brass. I assume Tango sells both, though I didn't check. Do you have a specific routine that requires that set?
Sammy

I liked the routine Paul Green has with this set. Also, I had a CSB set from Johnson before. I prefer this because everyone else and their cat is using CSB. Chinese coins always seem like tricky toys to my lay audiences. I also figure more people have seen a 20 centavo piece than a Johnson representation of a chinese coin. Oh, and the black paint was always making the inside of my coin purse turn black and getting on the other coins or my fingers. Maybe I just had a bad coin.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Mr. Tango is now making his own Chinese style coins (he bought a very expensive stamping machine). Previously he was only offering the typical Chinese-style coin made by someone else and re-sold by Tango. They looked OK, but were not usable in an Okito box because of the un-milled central portion. Now that he is making his own, he has promised a very big increase in quality.

He's sending me a set of 4 of the new Tango-made Chinese coins today. I ordered them with no paint. I'll post pix and my opinion when they arrive. I ordered one of his wrist-strap coin rattles too. That ought to be great fun!

dsalley13
magicnorm
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Were are tango coins availabel from. I have not seen them in my local magic shop. And how are they say in comparison to a schoolcrat or lasson coin.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Tango coins should be available from most magic shops and online retailers. Tango coins don't even compare to Lassen or Schoolcraft coins.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Dear Magicnorm,

Our coins are available in many magic shops around the world. Is you can't find it say to your favorite magic store that contact with us.

Bye
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Where on the tango site are the wrist-strap coin rattles as I cannot see them.

Thanks
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Coins (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL